Friends & Family!

Comments

• mine says fedex less than freight.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Mine said FedEx less than freight, as well, but did not have a standard FedEx tracking number. Instead, it was 9 digit number which did not work on FedEx's website tracking module, and arrived by freight.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    OK... couldn't resist the 705's at that price. With free shipping and no tax from Adorama...
    Ordered but not shipped yet. Said they would charge the card when the pair ships. Hope it's not too long.
    Looking to upgrade my LSI 15's that I just picked up for $350 last month.
    Looking forward to trying them out and seeing some improvement.
    Count me in, I hope.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    erniejade wrote: »
    this room is only 10x11 and I have a terrible hole in the wall called a bookshelf that's 6 feet long, 20" deep that is a big bass suck out! Because I sit close range and the wall is 7" from the back of my head, speakers can get ringy or hurt before I can pressurize the room properly.
    Sounds like maybe the 707's might not be the only answer? I wonder if a second SPL1000 well placed, is your answer? The built-in room correction is a plus!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited March 2016
    Rich502 wrote: »
    My email confirmation says FedEx and not freight. Anyone else getting the same thing for towers?

I'm on the east coast. If you ordered from Polk, the freight company for me was YRC. Go under track, PRO Number tracking.

yrc.com

They will call you to arrange a delivery window. You might want to do a chat through their site, as for me, they had no contact number for some reason. Mine are scheduled for Monday!
  • msg
    Hey Ernie - this is the same space you've been having trouble getting dialed? I vaguely recall something about this last Fall, with tonyb helping you out with cable testing in an effort to work a few things out? Do you have another thread on this somewhere?

That note you mention about sitting close to the back wall - is that so you can hear bass? I think I've noticed the effect you mention, as my spare room is almost the same size, and has a door off to the side on same wall the system is set up on. It's empty in there if I'm too close, but when I get to about a foot or two of the back wall, it starts to fill in nicely. I can see it being too much being too close to the wall, but a foot or two off and it's not too bad. I don't know enough about the stereo experience to know whether this is a good thing or if it's using the space to "cheat", but it works. Seems that most high end spaces I see, the listening chair has lots of room behind it. [shrug] I also notice that sitting on a couch with my head on the cushion tends to muffle the experience a bit. if I sit forward, it cleans up considerably. Right now I have the 705's toed in to where they'd intersect just behind me. Still playing around.
    Blowing me out of the room by being too loud. The legacy could do that but they were efficient and could move way more air and remember, this room is only 10x11 and I have a terrible hole in the wall called a bookshelf that's 6 feet long, 20" deep that is a big bass suck out! Because I sit close range and the wall is 7" from the back of my head, speakers can get ringy or hurt before I can pressurize the room properly. The 705's have helped me out quite a bit. A few on the board recommend me to try the 705's because of the way the bass ports and said it might help make it a smoother response in the room and they were right. Again I heard them in a much bigger room and they had 0 issues filling it. I just like to rock out sometimes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    I have the same issue in my room. Midbass suckout in full effect in my room. If I move up three or four feet from sitting position the sound fills in nicely. Gonna DIY room treatments this spring. I think taming first reflection and bass trap will help out. But i have never really heard a room pre and post treatment.
    msg wrote: »
    Hey Ernie - this is the same space you've been having trouble getting dialed? I vaguely recall something about this last Fall, with tonyb helping you out with cable testing in an effort to work a few things out? Do you have another thread on this somewhere?

That note you mention about sitting close to the back wall - is that so you can hear bass? I think I've noticed the effect you mention, as my spare room is almost the same size, and has a door off to the side on same wall the system is set up on. It's empty in there if I'm too close, but when I get to about a foot or two of the back wall, it starts to fill in nicely. I can see it being too much being too close to the wall, but a foot or two off and it's not too bad. I don't know enough about the stereo experience to know whether this is a good thing or if it's using the space to "cheat", but it works. Seems that most high end spaces I see, the listening chair has lots of room behind it. [shrug] I also notice that sitting on a couch with my head on the cushion tends to muffle the experience a bit. if I sit forward, it cleans up considerably. Right now I have the 705's toed in to where they'd intersect just behind me. Still playing around.
    Blowing me out of the room by being too loud. The legacy could do that but they were efficient and could move way more air and remember, this room is only 10x11 and I have a terrible hole in the wall called a bookshelf that's 6 feet long, 20" deep that is a big bass suck out! Because I sit close range and the wall is 7" from the back of my head, speakers can get ringy or hurt before I can pressurize the room properly. The 705's have helped me out quite a bit. A few on the board recommend me to try the 705's because of the way the bass ports and said it might help make it a smoother response in the room and they were right. Again I heard them in a much bigger room and they had 0 issues filling it. I just like to rock out sometimes.

lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Because I only have 1 actual wall that I can put furniture on or by. The 6 foot cutout that is 20+ inches deep plus it has built in stereo stands that stick out 24+ inches. The speakers are about 4.5 feet away from the cutout / stand's back wall, subwoofer is behind the right speaker. The speakers are about 5 feet away from me and 5 feet apart so the wall right by my head is not by choice for bass. Its basically there or closer to the speakers. As it is im only 5 feet from them. As long as the sub is on, everything is more in balanced.

The weird thing is if I go beyond that cutout with the right speaker, all imaging gets lost. Probably because at that point one speaker is 4.5 ish feet from the cutout back wall and the other one is 2 feet from the back wall so it throws it all off. If I pull the speakers back to 3.5 feet and cram them in, all imaging gets lost as well as the mids get hollow sounding. The speakers themselves are just about 1/2 way across the 10 foot side of the room. It is preferable to be at least 3 feet away from the back and front walls but in some rooms, you just can't help it. Toe on them is HUGE for me. In a bigger room im sure they wouldn't have as big of an effect but, in the smaller space, it is HUGE.

I do not have real room treatments but, I do have a blanket type thing behind my head and some cheap bass traps in the corners.

The cables made a much fuller sound. Tony had loaned me acoustic zen matrix II. Wonderful IC's but, you need room for them. He also had let me use a set of acoustic zen satori speaker cables. They sounded much fuller then the DH labs q10 I had. After I got the Joule, even more bass came out.

That saying everything matters is true! I think even more so in a smaller room. Again Paul had the 705's in a big room and that room filled up nicely and evenly without the issues I have. I am close on getting the system completely dialed in for now. My last steps are, 1 or 2 more power cords and waiting on a Vi tube dac to be built to replace the w4s dac2 I am running.

Is the 705 the most resolving speaker? NO, but, depending on what you like, resolving does not = better. It is pleasing, airy and doesn't get fatiguing ( depending on what it's mated with).

I almost forgot, the diamond config worked nice where I had both speakers firing into the same corner and I sat across from that but, I had no place to put the lazy boy in that config!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jghglofer
    jghglofer Posts: 100
    polk's ebay store has the cherry 705's for 539.99 they have 8 left
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Nice! Move fast!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • msg
    Tremendous bargain. I bought my center from the eBay Store. Just had some minor surface scratches, and no feet. Some good deals there!

Free shipping?
    I disabled signatures.
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Yeah. Looks like free shipping. Plus an additional 10 percent discount. But you do have to pay tax.
  • Tjcd89
    Tjcd89 Posts: 18
    Im from Canada and can't use my code either so if anyone needs feel free to pm me
  • msg
    jghglofer wrote: »
    polk's ebay store has the cherry 705's for 539.99 they have 8 left
    WLDock wrote: »
    Nice! Move fast!
    SOLD OUT!
    What a fantastic deal that was! LSiM's for $1200 a pair and free shipping?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Sale has been extended through today FYI
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 817
    edited March 2016
    Hi folks,

Looking at a complete 7.1 system, and clicked to the page for the LSiM702L/X surrounds.

ALL of the reviews are for the FX1A6 surrounds...none for the LSiM792L/X's. Would be nice to read reviews abut the actual speakers being pitched....

Am I correct that the pricing shown is for a single speaker? (i.e. $749.95 each or $1500 a pair on sale?)

If so,

LSiM 707's $2,000 pair
    LSiM706c Center $600
    LSiM702L/X $1500 pair
    LSiM703 rear surrounds $750

Total 1/2 off sale price of $4850 plus tax and/or shipping.

Even though this is half price, it's still not a small number. It would take a lot to pry my RT5000 system away from me....

Anyone need my code?

My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    702s are priced per pair
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Looks like the sale's been extended another day. Any idea on how long Polk takes to send these out? I ordered 3/24, and it still says in process with no tracking number.
  • Legender
    I don't see it extended. Attempted to use my code on the LSiM703 this morning and stated my code was not valid. Otherwise I would have purchased. I think it was only extended through yesterday. Anyone else see the same?
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Legender
    Oh wait... I see the new email extending the sale comes with a new code. The prior code did not work. Excellent.
  • gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    Looks like the sale's been extended another day. Any idea on how long Polk takes to send these out? I ordered 3/24, and it still says in process with no tracking number.

Your best bet is to call Polk CS.

AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    I saw several days ago it was on Slickdeals for the Adorama deal and had a sizzling hot symbol
  • erniejade
    I am going to agree with you skip. It's hard to move mass units when local stores do not have them to listen to on hand.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    I should say at full price it's hard to move huge quantity without local stores having them on hand.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I should say at full price it's hard to move huge quantity without local stores having them on hand.

The lsim is a steal at half off. Full price I'm going to say not so much. Considering I've only seen lsim set up half as$ed in Best Buy, and priced at full msrp, no one will buy them. They will walk over to monitors, or RTIA's priced much cheaper and take them home. It's a shame really, I wish they had more exposure. Also doesn't help they are stupid expensive everywhere else except for the USA. And only just within recent months "B stock" units are showing up at gibbys electronics and shop.ca.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Legender
    OK... I'm helping. Just ordered a pair of LSiM 703s. Not sure when they will ship but hopefully will be at the house soon.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Really good pricing...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Rich502
    DaveHo wrote: »
    My email confirmation says FedEx and not freight. Anyone else getting the same thing for towers?

I'm on the east coast. If you ordered from Polk, the freight company for me was YRC. Go under track, PRO Number tracking.

yrc.com

They will call you to arrange a delivery window. You might want to do a chat through their site, as for me, they had no contact number for some reason. Mine are scheduled for Monday!

Polk finally shipped my order. However, they shipped it Fedex ground based on the tracking number I received, which is unfortunate. When I checked out when ordering it said Free Shipping, and under it said something about additional shipping fee for a freight charge as I bought a pair of 705s and a 706c. I understood that free shipping wouldn't really apply since freight was required and an additional charge would be added; even though as another poster pointed out that it's confusing and should be fixed by Polk. Not having it shipped UPS/Fedex was one of the main reasons I ordered from Polk directly and not through Adorama even though they had free shipping. Now just hoping the speakers arrive in one piece; one can only hope.
  • Rich502 wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »

yrc.com

Polk finally shipped my order. However, they shipped it Fedex ground based on the tracking number I received, which is unfortunate. When I checked out when ordering it said Free Shipping, and under it said something about additional shipping fee for a freight charge as I bought a pair of 705s and a 706c. I understood that free shipping wouldn't really apply since freight was required and an additional charge would be added; even though as another poster pointed out that it's confusing and should be fixed by Polk. Not having it shipped UPS/Fedex was one of the main reasons I ordered from Polk directly and not through Adorama even though they had free shipping. Now just hoping the speakers arrive in one piece; one can only hope.

I am in California and had a tracking number that looked odd but the name of the shipping on invoice was fedex less then freight. Rest assured it's not on fedex these 705 are coming on a pallet.
  • Rich502
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I sure hope so, although I received a 15 digit tracking number that comes up as ground on Fedex's website.