Nominee for the Darwin Award

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,836
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    A 15 year old in the eight grade, that sort of sums it up. Still sad though, some kids just don't have a chance.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,836
    Options
    A 15 year old in the eight grade

And dating a 6th grader.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    SAD but,,, you can't fix stupid
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    Options
    SAD but,,, you can't fix stupid
    Eventually it breeds itself out because they can't figure how........but it takes a good long while.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    Options
    Heck we used to do something similar as a kid ....but was called "Lawn Darts" how we ever made it.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I used to travel a lot through and in and around the Appalachia areas of WV. Pregnant girls younger than 15 were common sights. Now this was in the late 70's, but I don't think it has changed much.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    A 15 year old in the eight grade, that sort of sums it up. Still sad though, some kids just don't have a chance.

Yep, it's the parents that screw 'em up. All kids come out pretty much the same way when born, after that.....roll the dice.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

Hey man, leave him alone! The 1st grade was 3 times harder than he originally anticipated.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    Options
    Sad thing is, a Japanese kid when he's 15 is in college. Heck, when they are 3 they are already in the 5th grade.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,289
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    A 15 year old in the eight grade
    And dating a 6th grader.

That part was okay, what with her being his cousin and all. B)

Sal Palooza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    They don't have family trees there. It's more like two lines that keep intersecting each other. More of a helix. But without the diverging DNA patterns.
    I know my parents were the only two who escaped from there in the early '60s and weren't related....

as far as I know... :#
  • tonyb
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    They don't have family trees there. It's more like two lines that keep intersecting each other. More of a helix. But without the diverging DNA patterns.
    I know my parents were the only two who escaped from there in the early '60s and weren't related....

as far as I know... :#

That might explain a few things.....lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    I like the family helix reference! ;- )
  • lightman1
    Options
    Can't deny it Tony. First generation out of West by God Virginia.

Middle finger emoji ;)
  • tonyb
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Can't deny it Tony. First generation out of West by God Virginia.

Middle finger emoji ;)

Good to know you got all of them anyway. :)

Just out of curiosity.....how's your Banjo skills bro ? :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    Options
    That was in Georgia, f-tard.
    I couldn't carry a tune in a five gallon bucket.
    I can't play, therefore I listen. :)
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,104
    Options
    One day this kid and his mom were walking past a cemetery when they pass a grave, the kid stopped to read it. He read aloud " Here lies a West Virginia Graduate and A Great Man." The kid says " Mom I don't get It." The mom says "Why not?" The kid says "Why are there two people buried there?"
  • lightman1
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    One day this kid and his mom were walking past a cemetery when they pass a grave, the kid stopped to read it. He read aloud " Here lies a West Virginia Graduate and A Great Man." The kid says " Mom I don't get It." The mom says "Why not?" The kid says "Why are there two people buried there?"

Nice!!!!
    What has 64 legs and 32 teeth.
    A West Virginia family reunion.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    West Vaginana...enuff sed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    In WV you go to the family reunion just to find a date.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I have learned that the average person is well below average
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    Options
    The real problem is that he was playing the game blindfolded.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    This was a tragedy, however their particular breed is not limited to West Virginia. The Appalachians extend all the way up here, and we are blessed with several similar "communities". Go to any wedding, and the father of the Bride is usually her 1st cousin, and the groom may be her uncle. Lots of furry ear lobes, and that's only the women. Check out the show "Outsiders". Pretty much explains it all.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I shouldn't admit this, but two of my friends and I did something stupid like this. More than once.

We each had a bow, something in the 20-25 lb. pull range, and practice arrows. We would take turns shooting an arrow straight up in the air and then watch it come down and dodge it if necessary.

When the arrow was near it's apex it was just a dot and easy to lose sight of. One time, we all lost sight of one and when it came down, it just missed hitting my friend by a foot or two. It would have gone straight into the top of his head.

That was the end of that stupid game. And no, I didn't grow up in WV or marry my cousin. Just stupid kids who didn't realize how dangerous it was till one of us almost got killed. The thought of it scares me to this day.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    My Neighbor's Son, and his buddy were playing chicken with a riding mower. At the time, they were 10 or 12 years old. I spotted them from the back deck. The son was driving, and his friend was jumping on and off the mower, dodging it. The dolt had the blades engaged while this was going on. All I could see, were severed arms, hands, feet, or legs resulting. I ran over yelling like a curmudgeon, scared the crap out of them. When his mother got home, I went over and spoke to her. She was completely oblivious. Didn't think anything of it.
    Years later, I was outside around 10:30 at night having a smoke, and these same two were lying in the street, waiting for cars. They'd jump up at the last minute. We live on a state road, with lot's of traffic. As mentioned earlier, you can't fix stupid.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^Human frogger^^

• tonyb
    Options
    ...... you can't fix stupid.

Amen to that.....while you can't fix it, the rest of us have to pay for it.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    You guys never played dodge the arrow? Wow, ya'll were sheltered.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I shouldn't admit this, but two of my friends and I did something stupid like this. More than once.

We each had a bow, something in the 20-25 lb. pull range, and practice arrows. We would take turns shooting an arrow straight up in the air and then watch it come down and dodge it if necessary.

When the arrow was near it's apex it was just a dot and easy to lose sight of. One time, we all lost sight of one and when it came down, it just missed hitting my friend by a foot or two. It would have gone straight into the top of his head.

That was the end of that stupid game. And no, I didn't grow up in WV or marry my cousin. Just stupid kids who didn't realize how dangerous it was till one of us almost got killed. The thought of it scares me to this day.

Wow. Did you grow up in College Park MD? We did the exact same thing, except after shooting the arrow we would run around in random patterns. After an arrow dropped next to me, it was 'frack this game'. I too shudder thinking about this phase. Tying sparklers to the arrows was much more fun. At least until we set the field on fire.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.