Experience Hendrix

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,480
Went to the show in Reading Pa last night. Smallish venue, holds about 1800. All I can say is, if you have a chance to see it, go! From the technical mastery of Eric Johnson, to Zakk shredding the paint off the walls it was f'ing awesome!

experiencehendrixtour.com/

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Cool man thanks for sharing
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    I wanted to go last year and passed. Will try to make it this time. The lineup is a dream.
  • dromunds
    Arrgh, already missed it. Will have to wait until next time hopefully.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    Saw the tour a few years ago in Nashville. Zakk wasn't in at the time but it still rocked!

Definitely recommended!
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    I also missed that show this year. With saying that I was I guess I was fortunate to see the real guy about 5/6 times both at his height and severe decline. I also always considered SRV the best at picking up what Hendrix did w/ always a mini set of JH during his shows.To a lesser extent Kenny Wayne Shepard is SRV light and Jonny Lang even lighter. I never did see Eric Johnson who is supposed to be great at that Texas Blues.
    1.JH '69--White Plains C.C.---from another planet
    2.Hunter College--N.Y.C.---great intense show
    3.Fillmore East---N.Y.C.--- very intimate good show
    4.Fillmore East ,was horrible all shtick premeditated b/s.
    5.M.S.G.--N.Y.C.--walks off stage at benefit peace concert after maybe 3 notes
    6.Fillmore East- Walk-On guest after Electric Flag finish late show and he appears only w/ Buddy Miles on drums and the bass player, the start of the Band Of Gypsies.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Saw it some years ago. Mitch Mitchell performed and died a few days latter. I can't really remember the whole lineup but it was welll worth the price of admission.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    I am envious Lefty.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • leftwinger57
    It's insane how many groups/performers I've seen. I already took a walk down memory lane a while back and that astounded even me I'm going to try to find it if you didn't see the 1st time around. This was from the Grateful Dead site Dozin.com

https://archive.org/post/1025378/turning-62-got-meloncohly
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • dromunds
    Never saw JH; a friend of mine's older brother was going to school in Seattle I think and saw JH with a little band called Cream opening up. He ended up following them down the coast to shows in Oregon and California, including Berkeley IIRC. I would've loved to see the original Experience, but a bit too young, not to mention the fact that he never came anywhere remotely close to where I lived at the time. Lol. I've always considered Mitch Mitchell one of the best rock drummers of all time.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Mitch Mitchell was one of my favorites too. When Hendrix went with Buddy Miles I thought it was a poor fit.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • leftwinger57
    Drumminman, this going to blow your mind. I also thought Mitch Mitchell was one of the better drummers out there using a very small kit like Charlie Watts, Max Weinberg,Tony Williams and others. Now it was the late show at the famous Fillmore East and Electric Flag was headlining and I just loved Michael Bloomfield. The show was over, people were leaving Bloomfield, the horn players and the organ dude all left the stage. Buddy Miles yells out yo folks the show isn't really over I have a friend coming out. From the other direction comes out Jimi in the hat the velvet pants and his white concert Strat. They start w/ Hey Joe w/ Buddy Miles doing all the singing and then some blues tunes and this went on till almost daybreak. This was the start of the Band Of Gypsies and the rest as they say is history. What I would have liked to see was Jimi and Bloomfield going at it.