SDA 1c HT project

Options
boston1450
boston1450 Posts: 7,472
edited March 2016 in Vintage Speakers
Ive been messing with HT for the last 3 weeks & this is what it turned out to be. So far-So good.
Speakers= SDA-1c 194 tweets fronts. Cs1000p center/subwoofer. Monitor 4.6 sl2500 tweets (maybe upgrade 198's later on)
Equipment= Yamaha RXV-2600@130wpc - Acurus 200/3channel@225/200/225wpc - Denon DVD/SACD 2910
Cables=MITavt3 fronts. Canare center. Bare wire for rears temporary. BJC ic. Pangea AC9 for amp & receiver
Im listening to Kansas direct on the receiver as i type & the tweets sound very good. Watched 2 movies last night with smile ear to ear. I ordered the stock remote & i cant use the mic till i get remote to set it up. Im temporarily using the rxv-1500 remote for volume till mid week. I just got the Acurus & so far i am impressed with it. Very clean powerful 3 channel amplifier on a budget. The Cs1000p ive had for 2 weeks or so & it sounds awesome. I listened to it with the (before rxv2600) rxv-1500 adjusted perfect & was very pleased. The Monitor 4.6 i listened to it before hooking it rears on the Marantz 2252 & sounds very good even with the sl2500's. The SDA1c's ive had for 3+ years now & they are wonderful. The upgraded tweets were a big plus & i cant wait to have the xovers upgraded by WMG they are next in line. Big thank you all here at CP. Ive enjoyed learning & listening to music at a different level on a budget. You will notice alot of items i have listed i have bought here also-over the last 3+ years &k974kxcmme7u.jpeg
bhw2wy2oki98.jpeg
dpoe0f94oiwf.jpeg
had excellent experiences with all transactions. Time to straighten out the cords n cables :) Thank you. Randy
Randy/Maine

Comments

• boston1450
    Options
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    You're getting there Brother.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • boston1450
    Options
    Thanks David. I will get those xovers out in mail this week. Had to take a day or two to get things moved around. Wifey yelling at me LOL
    Randy/Maine
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    I don't have one of those anymore
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Envious nice set up.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Very nice setup! You have no idea what is in store for you when you get your ears on the 1C's with modded XO's. :) The CS1000P is a killer center speaker too. Enjoy the ride.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    That is a nice looking setup. I have been researching around for a nice 2/3 channel amp and acurus, outlaw and rotels caught my eye. That acurus does look pretty.

Just buy a universal remote. I use a universal remote for everything. Don't mess with 5 remotes. BUT, I had to order a stock remote for my SACD player because I just couldn't get to setup menu with a universal remote. So, just to set it up, I used stock remote. Now it lives in the box of stock remotes. :) I am sure a universal remote will work with the yamaha receiver. I never got the stock remote for my yamaha and I am able to do everything with that remote on the receiver.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • boston1450
    Options
    I have one (stock Yamaha remote) coming today in mailbox. Ended up paying 75 bucks or so & i hope it works & is in good condition for the price. I coulda gone Logitech Harmony but im ok with using 2 remotes. The tv/cable Comcast is one of those you talk to & it seems to work pretty good. I wanted to go satellite but we live in the woods so heavily tree'd they were unable to do it (they tried 3 weeks ago)
    Randy/Maine
  • trj
    Options
    $75? Thats expensive for a stock remote. I hope it works for you, if you are buying used. I would be really pissed if a used one didn't work.
    I use acoustic research 18 device remote. I don't recall the model number off my head (at work) . It does RF too. I bought it 2 years ago brand new for a very good price off eBay. Not sure if its still available at that price but there are many alternatives.
    I use it for all the devices and have "activities" setup so just one button press does everything. Say, "watch blu ray" button (activity) turns off xbox, sacd player, cable box (whatever else is ON at the time) and turns on blurry player, switches my receiver to the blu ray input, turn on the TV and switches to HDMI source.
    Thats almost 10 button presses in how many ever remotes. lol.
    Not just that, but I have set up my receiver as master volume controller. So, I can control all other functions on TV/blu ray and when I touch the volume, it changes on the receiver only.
    That way wife is happy, she doesnt have to summon me if she needs to change anything. :)
    And I am happy I don't have to put batteries in 7 different remote and fumble with 3 remotes if I have to switch from one device to another.

Check universal remotes when you have time. They are very usable and pretty indispensable once setup correctly.
    I have one remote controlling TV, yamaha receiver, sony blu ray, yamaha sacd player, wii, xbox 360, raspberry pi, apple TV and motorola cable box from comcast.

Just giving you this idea because you spent $75 on a stock remote. $75 could have bought you a nice logitech harmony or any other universal remote. I am thinking to buy another universal remote to keep as a back up if this one craps out on me. Good luck.

PS: I am sure you know, but that yamaha will make some serious pulsating noise when running calibration. haha.

Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • boston1450
    Options
    Well the remote made it. Wife says it works perfect & is shiney new. Thanks for info. I have a Logitech now in the draw. Not sure which model & it works well.... The Yamaha mic thingy noises are noises i would have never thought id hear come out of fhat unit when processing the calibration & it seems to work well. I got the mic on Ebay for 25bucks & had a little extendable tripod i use. It works well actually. I got to do it to this one later today
    Randy/Maine
  • trj
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Well the remote made it. Wife says it works perfect & is shiney new. Thanks for info. I have a Logitech now in the draw. Not sure which model & it works well.... The Yamaha mic thingy noises are noises i would have never thought id hear come out of fhat unit when processing the calibration & it seems to work well. I got the mic on Ebay for 25bucks & had a little extendable tripod i use. It works well actually. I got to do it to this one later today

I do like the yamaha YPAO, it does a good job for such short calibration time. But like you, I never expected those noises during calibration. And I did it at night, when there were no noises. You can imagine my shock. Haha.

Well, good luck with the setup with receiver and logitech harmony. Trust me, once you get hang of universal remote, you will never want to look at the stock remote. Unless some serious setup function is needed which doesnt have discrete codes for a universal remote.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I have a Yamaha remote I'd just have given you for free.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • boston1450
    Options
    I had one for rxv1500 & another one. Both did volume & power no/off & that was it. They both did not do some functions. I also have 2 Logitech's. I like having stock remotes
    Randy/Maine
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mine was from a newer RX-V667, not sure how much it would control. Both the RX-V667 and Aventage remotes are all but interchangeable with each other.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • trj
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I have a Yamaha remote I'd just have given you for free.
    You say this after I bought a remote for my SACD player. And you are local. haha. JK.
    Couldn't find discrete codes for my yamaha SACD player, so I had to buy stock remote. I still don't have stock remote for my v667 though. Universal remote does fine with it. I can access all the functions easily.
    boston1450 wrote: »
    I had one for rxv1500 & another one. Both did volume & power no/off & that was it. They both did not do some functions. I also have 2 Logitech's. I like having stock remotes

See thats the thing, I like having stock remotes too. But as a backup, not for regular use. Wife goes ballistic when she has to juggle remotes and has no clue which port what device is connected to. With everything running through one receiver and all 6 HDMI ports filled along with composite and components it becomes a chore to remember where everything is connected. I think I should make a manual just for the connections. Sometimes, I just change the settings or the ports to annoy her. I love it when she tries so hard to figure it out and finally calls me :smile:
  • trj
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Mine was from a newer RX-V667, not sure how much it would control. Both the RX-V667 and Aventage remotes are all but interchangeable with each other.

Hmm. Can I have that remote if you are not using it? I don't need it as my universal remote does just fine, but would want to keep one as a backup (only if you are not using it). I have v667 too. Its an awesome little workhorse.

Sorry boston1450. Didn't mean to derail the thread.