Is there any software that can add track data etc. to previously ripped FLAC's?

Some of the CD's that I have ripped on EAC did not come up with any metadata (?) for the tracks or sometime erroneous data. Is there anything that can update this information automatically?

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2016
    I've never seen ripping software that didn't have this feature or media players that didn't have this feature...............so once again I am not sure what you are asking.

If EAC has the database function and didn't come up with the correct info, chances are it's not there or it's incorrect. You will have to manually enter it yourself since most all other software and media players rely on only a couple of on-line databases.

You can have it download art and info from Amazon too, just change the settings.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    See my edits above
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    It is rare for me to accept the metadata and cover art for a CD from one of the databases without changing something unless it is a brand new popular music release within the last couple of years. I will take what is put in automatically from one of the sources available but always check everything over and make edits. A lot of metadata is entered and uploaded by individual owners and sometimes has typos, is missing cover art, has what I think is the wrong genre, or has an album title such as "Greatest Hits" without referring to who the artist is in that field.

If an album is missing all metadata, you can try entering artist and album title manually then doing a lookup rather than having to enter all the track names. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    This may be what I am looking for, anyone tried it?

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
  • afterburnt
    I am surprised the more people haven't had this issue. I am trying to run my music straight from the PC for the first time. It has been way easier playing from my portable HDD's. I have tried Windows media player and I dont really like it. Now I am trying Media Monkey but either way it seems that accuratley labeled albums and tracks are needed not to mention they both seem to grab all of the titles regardless of the format (flac's and mp3's) and throw them all together.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @afterburnt,

I've had the problem you describe with several CDs, and I have yet to find a satisfactory (to me) software solution.

So, when the problem arises, I just do it manually. Sometimes, finding the correct album art is a real chore. Occasionally, I simply have to take my own picture of a CD.

For example: I finally found a picture of Don Payne's and the Dave Holland Quartet's album titled "Straight Ahead" in an eBay listing, but I still had to manually enter the other metadata that I wanted in the AIFF files I rip to iTunes.

The app you found, I noted, does not support AIFF files.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• afterburnt
    That one appears to use freedb which is the same one that I used with EAC
  • heiney9
    edited March 2016
    If the tags are wrong you need to fix them manually. The databases used to "pre fill" metadata is user supported. Meaning if someone keys something in wrong or if you have an obscure cd that has never been put into the database it will be wrong or missing.

I never rely fully on any of the databases as I like my tags done a certain way (ie; not in caps), so I manually fix them and I add special notes to certain cd's as well. If I have a double or triple cd set or remaster of mobil fidelity or vinyl rip, etc, I like to add that to the tags as well so when it streams across the screen on my Touch I know what I'm listening to.

H9

P.s. I believe EAC also gives you options as to where you can get you info, like Amazon which might be more reliable. I believe I mentioned this already. I don't use EAC any longer so I am going from memory. I use Db Poweamp which gives several selections to get your tags and art work from.
  • afterburnt
    H9 you did mention Amazon but I didn't see that as an option
  • heiney9
    edited March 2016
    afterburnt wrote: »

I'm probably thinking of DB PowerAmp or Media Monkey. I believe Media Monkey has several database choices. There are several different Amazon's too. It's been 6-8 years since I've used EAC

H9

• Easy Runnin
    Easy Runnin Posts: 501

tool/auto tag from web, then click on options in the upper right hand corner
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    I couldn't imagine ripping a CD without the artist and song info showing?? Some CD's flat out do not include this info, (not many) and those you add manually before ripping. To the OP, not sure what settings you used in the ripping format, so maybe starting over and doing it right from the set go would be an answer??

I just had to add artwork to 4800+ files and found muvUnder Cover a very friendly and easy program to get that all done.

Another answer to your question will by go into each file and rename the album and each song manually. Not too hard!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • afterburnt
    tophat, I am gonna try JRiver and if that does not help I will have to get out the CD's and my reading glasses ugh.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    D'prived wrote: »
    Tag and rename is the one I use.
    http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

That's what I use too. All my music files are properly tagged with all pertinent info and album artwork.
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    Can't believe no one suggested "EasyTag". Better late than never.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/EasyTAG

I use it to add/remove album art from FLACs as well as edit all sorts of tag info...and it's free.
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    drag it into your Groove music app on Windows 10, right click, get data.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • afterburnt
    Ram I will try it if I can find the app. I have never seen it, is it new?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165

I've used this a lot for post-rip editing. It works great.
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Doesn't work for FLACs (or at least didn't used to). That's when I found EasyTag.

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    StantonZ wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Doesn't work for FLACs (or at least didn't used to). That's when I found EasyTag.

Sure it does.