Any interest in SDA CRS reproduction speaker stands?

I am seeing if there is enough interest in buying a reproduction SDA CRS speaker stand pair like Polk made for these back then. Of coarse it depends on price in the end, but I know I want a pair for my CRS pair. If you are interested, please post your interest here.
This is just a feeler to see if the effort would be worth it. If so, Toolfan66 will make them for us, HOPEFULLY.

Please post and let us know if you would like a set. Again, nothing is being sold at this time. Just gauging the interest/possible sales. I am not the one that will make them, I am just helping to see if it is worth the effort.

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Id like a pair that can be spiked :) im in
    Randy/Maine
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    I'd like a pair too.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    I know there must be more out there that want a set of CRS type stands, right?
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    edited March 2016
    Here's from @Toolfan66 's post:
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    piaqno6vrmsn.jpeg
    cuwgsvizr23s.jpeg

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    SWEET! can you give a link to that thread. Can't seem to locate it.
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    SWEET! can you give a link to that thread. Can't seem to locate it.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/172176/sda-crs-with-an-external-crossover-twist#latest

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Those are very nice
    Randy/Maine
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    I’m in. Revive this.
    I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.
  • I am still interested too. Hopefully Toolfan66 will make them for us eventually.
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Never saw this thread, but "in".
  • Bigbang
    Larry @Toolfan66 looks like you have some admirers of your work. Your fans need you. Help.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Those will not be a $50 stand boys
    [
  • Bigbang
    edited January 2019
    Artwork is never cheap. I expect Stands of that quality to be well over 50 bucks.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    The freight will be $50.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    The freight will be $50.

each
  • Bigbang
    I feel like you guys are trying to tell me that they might be expensive. I think I’ve got a pretty good grasp on that but reall what is the alternative?

I can’t find original stands without buying another set of speakers.

Someone suggested putting them on wal-mart bar stools

Another sent me the dimensions and told me that any local blacksmith could do it. (That would be great if it was 1722)

Right now I have them on end tables without spikes and without adequate weight in the bases.

If there were an acceptable alternative I would buy it but I think myself and many other just don’t know what to do.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    chances of Larry making another set of these are slim to none. Larry made these for his own self and then sold them with the speakers.
  • Bigbang
    Yep. He has made a couple sets for other people but it’s not a regular thing. I’ve done business with Larry and understand that.

I’m sure Larry can speak for himself.
  • Bigbang
    Look guys I get it. If Larry makes these and that’s a big “if” they are going to be expensive. The OP was asking who might be interested in buying a replacement for the original stand and suggested something like Larry’s.

I am answering that question and I feel like the thread is getting sidetracked.

I’m just throwing in my vote answering the OP’s question. If Larry is involved or not it doesn’t matter. I think we are just looking for an alternative to the original stand that are hard to come by these days.

I’m interested (yes at any price)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I hope you all get your stands made asap and at a reasonable price. ;)

Local welding shops will make these just like Larry's if you give them the drawing or plans.

There should be a welder in every town almost. I know of two here and I'm sure there are 10 more scattered around and then there's the hobbyist welder neighbor some people have that can do this.

They won't have the Polk Audio logo but the stands are common 1" square tubing isn't it?

It takes experience to make nice ones for sure. I get it.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    Or build some out of Legos.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Talk to Noel at Skylan about one of his 4 post offerings. He is usually open to making custom sizes.

http://www.skylanstands.com/
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Those are cool! And, now I know the origins of the karma from @stainless0steel2 :smile: Prominently displayed on the nearfield setup! :smile:
    yiwznfrs5ag9.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Bigbang
    hlfml83i3g6l.jpeg
    Westmassguy sent me this. Is 6 3/4” right on the top?
  • sbb2112
    A welded together version is nice but realistically not practical as an item. A version that comes apart that can be shipped is much more viable.something that can be flat in a box. Maybe the base and the top as a weldment and the uprights fastened together.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    How about some stands using oak or maple 2x2s?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • sbb2112
    If there were enough takers I could design up a shippable version. And if there was a design file of the polk logo I could make those too. Got a couple cnc machines with a little slack time
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • Bigbang
    I could do without the logo although it’s kinda cool but I’m only interested in functionality and a simple design.