PS Audio PerfectWave Power Cables

13»

Comments

• I need help, I find beauty in a power cord.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    The 3 definitely won't stand up on its own! At least we know the box, for the 5, doesn't demand the price increase as it is exactly the same as what i have. Now i feel a little better :(

LOL... then buy her a good 5th of scotch, some sliders and a suspense movie and flowers randomly
    That's my girl.....except she also hates Scotch. If fact, she doesn't drink at all. I make up for her shortcomings....slacker!

20906_orig.png
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Again I'd like to push off a cliff..... I mean shoot in the face.... I mean thank @hochpt21 and @mrbiron for forcing helping my spend my money on these....

I am all PS Audio'd out. AC-3's up the ying yang for my B&K 200.5, APC H15, HTPC, Denon X4100w, Dayton SA-1000... Even my Xbox One powerbrick has a PS Audio Premier on the end of it....

All thats left on those HORRIBLE STOCK POWERCABLES is my Buttkicker..... but lets be honest.... who really cares about that....

CRAP I do.... so maybe I get one last one for it lol....

Now onto getting some Audioquest IEC 90 degree adapters for the B&K and Dayton and HTPC so I can put the entertainment center closer to the wall, plus 2 Audioquest Black Thunder sub cables for my buttkicker and Dayton amp, and a pair of Audioquest 90 degree HDMI adapters for my Darbee....

Crap and then those noise stopper caps....

Does it ever end?????
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    Dah!....you bought way more than I told you too.

If you're happy, I'm happy. (I tell my wife the same thing all the time) ;)

What else do you want to buy? My new mower shows up in a week. Can I talk you into one of those too?
  • EndersShadow
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Dah!....you bought way more than I told you too.

If you're happy, I'm happy. (I tell my wife the same thing all the time) ;)

What else do you want to buy? My new mower shows up in a week. Can I talk you into one of those too?

HA! Nope, just got a new one of those... not riding but it is what it is....

I want a snowblower.. and well all that other stuff I mentioned lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    You drive cross country and I'll give you my tired rider fo fwee.
    If I were you, I'd set my sights on a shweet shnow blower.

By the way...we need to finish what we started! Legendary mode!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I don't think I'll ever end up putting those Shunyata's in the system...

They may be for sale soon :)>:)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    I need help, I find beauty in a power cord.

I agree with you on that :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever end up putting those Shunyata's in the system...

They may be for sale soon :)>:)

****... let me know the price and shoot me some pics... my Loft Computer/ APC H15 / Cambridge Audio SR20 are still stock :blush:
  • EndersShadow
    Bumping this thread... it appears they still have a few 2m AC-3s
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I picked up an AC5 a couple of weeks ago and when I switched it with the Pangea from wall to amp I noticed the stage shrunk in every dimension. I realize that it hasn't fully burned in yet. Going to wait another couple of weeks and do a direct comparison. May even through in the Venom as well and see how they compare.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I picked up an AC5 a couple of weeks ago and when I switched it with the Pangea from wall to amp I noticed the stage shrunk in every dimension. I realize that it hasn't fully burned in yet. Going to wait another couple of weeks and do a direct comparison. May even through in the Venom as well and see how they compare.

Stage shrank with AC5 in place, or with Pangea in place?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • kharp1
    I picked up the AC5 to replace the Pangea AC-9SE which is as thick as a garden hose and harder to manipulate than a steel belted radial. Having said that, if a person has enough room to allow the cord to remain mostly linear, the Pangea is a good cord. I know there are some on here that hate them, but, SQ was very good in my system.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2017
    Can't imagine why a power cord would effect soundstage, but hey I guess it is possible. I know cables matter, cords? I have all PS AC-3 and these helped with a hiss in my system. I removed the ground pins and the noise went almost totally away. Anyway, good cords I like them.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • hochpt21
    Can't imagine why a power cord would effect soundstage, but hey I guess it is possible. I know cables matter, cords? I have all PS AC-3 and these helped with a hiss in my system. I removed the ground pins and the noise went almost totally away. Anyway, good cords I like them.

For my new Krell amp...I tried to use an entry level Shunyata. Big hum in the system. Swapped it out for a SignalCable Power Cord...still a hum, but less.

Put the stock cable back in and the hum was gone. I noticed that the stock cable didn't have a grounding pin.

I sold my damn AC5, but maybe I need to pick one up again, or an AC3 if they have the removable grounding pin to see if that would help.
  • kharp1
    All PS cords have removable ground pin.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    This is an older thread, but I was interested in this comparison and couldn't find the results. Did you ever post your findings anywhere?

PS Audio AC5 vs. Pangea AC-9SE vs. Shunyata Venom

@kharp1

• kharp1
    Was a temporary thing...after burn in the stage reappeared better than ever.
  • Hermitism
    Thanks man, I put you in the hot seat! So the AC5 was your favorite of the three?
  • kharp1
    Yes, of those three. I also have a Shunyata Alpha Python that I really like.
  • EndersShadow
    Yes, of those three. I also have a Shunyata Alpha Python that I really like.

Bet its a TON easier to bend than that AC9 lol.....

I'd love to snatch up a AC5 someday for my big B&K just to see how much difference it is over the AC3 I'm using.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    I’m waiting for another sale for the AC-5s I would like to put my subs with them.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    dolbyd wrote: »
    I’m waiting for another sale for the AC-5s I would like to put my subs with them.

Coincidentally, I just stumbled on a discount code for them and just placed an order...was going to post a thread.

Upscale Audio is having a sale on PS Audio cables, they have a 40% discount using the coupon code PSAPOWER at checkout.

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9oj_l_jO2gIVRh6GCh3ILAXMEAAYASAAEgKr9vD_BwE
  • Hermitism
    edited April 2018
    Anyone here ever heard both a Pangea AC-14XL and a PS Audio AC5 on the same source component?
    Post edited by Hermitism on
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I replace a Voodoo power cable which they had currently replace with a new one. and like the AC5
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • EndersShadow
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Anyone here ever heard both a Pangea AC-14XL and a PS Audio AC5 on the same source component?

Thats a bit unfair to the AC-14XL lol... 14 gauge construction v 10 gauge....
  • Hermitism

Life is unfair!
  • EndersShadow

Life is unfair!

True.... so buy the PS Audio and be happy lol