Oscar overload

Options
tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,909
Any you guys suffering Oscar night ? The wife and her girlfriend have gotten together every Oscar night for the last 20 years.

Love that dress, hate that dress, those shoes are horrible, earrings don't match, do they own a mirror, she looks terrific, she looks horrendous....blah blah blah. Then the awards, no way....they sucked, cinematography....there wasn't any, B.S.. Then comes the after party. How many times a night is that bi##h gonna change ? Is that a slurpee they're drinking ?

Someone shoot me please, think I'll take the dog for a walk to Indiana and back.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• tonyb
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    BANG BANG! Damn I missed....sorry Tony.

Figures, call a Dago when ya want it done right. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Oy yew $chmucks ah goweeng straight ta hell ya know! >:)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,885
    Options
    No cable, no problem !
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,959
    Options
    I spent the night catching up on Billions.. Left the girls down stairs to watch the so called non diversity awards...
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Shipped the wife off to the neighbors for an Oscar party with a bottle of Vino.

I stayed home, cooked some pasta with red sauce and linguica for the kids (pasta is always a hit) and we watched the pilot for the new Shannara series.

Priceless escape.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    I gave up watching all the award shows decades ago. A bunch of narcissists stroking each others egos.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I gave up watching all the award shows decades ago. A bunch of narcissists stroking each others egos.

Bullseye! Could give a rats patootie about them. Just keep making movies that are worth watching and give the actors an Atta Boy at the end. Good enough for me.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Key there being "worth watching".

Sometimes I get confused watching the Oscars, have to look to make sure I didn't hit MSNBC by mistake. So I only tune it for 5 minutes, go do something for an hour, come back for 5 min. National Geographic channel is much more interesting. Maybe we can bring back Mad magazine and give them their own channel. Closest thing we have is Archer, isn't it ? Love that show....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Archer is fargin hilarious! :D The DVR is loaded up for when I need a good laugh.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    The Oscars will soon be the, everybody wins a Oscar award show.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    Maybe you should have an AVA watching party for the gang.
    [
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,107
    Options
    I think I've mastered the Oscars -- two minutes of sound bites on "Morning Edition" the next morning. Done.

I am more and more approaching the primary season the same way :-P
  • tonyb
    Options
    LOL.....tell ya what Mr. H, the older you get the more you look at everything in 2 min. sound bites.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    The Academy Awards show?

Absolute drivel punctuated with narcissistic intellectual masturb8tion!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    About made me sick to hear Ennio 's Oscar was his first. Are you kidding me??? What is wrong with these idiots over the past 50+ years who pick the winners? Ennio has written some of the most beautiful and memorable movie soundtracks since the 1960's.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    And why was Abe Vigoda not included in the Memoriam?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    yeah, especially given that he's finally already actually dead this time around?
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Mad Max-6 Star Wars-0
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    Mad Max-6 Star Wars-0

The categories that Mad Max won in, it should have. Star Wars was a good movie, but it was not really stellar in any technical aspect.

IMO, Mad Max was visually and sonically stunning.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Agree, everywhere you turned at CEDIA Mad Max was the demo in the HT rigs

Didn't think much about it till then...ran home and rented it, was well done
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    Options
    Do they hand out wieners at this thing or is just a bunch of bologna?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Do they hand out wieners at this thing or is just a bunch of bologna?

Wieners get handed out at the after parties...
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    Options
    I only watch for the commercials.

No wait. That's the Superbowl. It's the T & A at the Oscars.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Archer is fargin hilarious! :D The DVR is loaded up for when I need a good laugh.

Amen to that. I stumbled onto Archer some time ago, while doing some late night surfing---now I'm hooked. Hilarious.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I normally don't bother because liberal hollywood can't pass up a chance to politicize the entire evening; but I thought Chris Rock was hilarious. I think he handled it well with just the right mix of making a point, without making it a whinefest. Just my 2 cents.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    He is both very talented and very funny, I'd opine.