Thoughts, when did the forum start?

Options
13»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    lol

Hey you lol guys talk lol about how cool lol I am now.

lol
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    like ZOMG, dude.

01-i-has-a-bucket.jpg
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I met Henry Winkler once back in Wisconsin. Cool dude.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

Wasn't Happy Days supposed to be in Milwaukee?
  • Gunther16
    Options
    I originally joined back in 1997 when I had some issues with my Polks, I believe Ken Swaugert? was the administrator then. He gave me his number and told me to give him a call. I did and he resolved my issue. Then I followed sporadically then got busy raising kid. Now I had to re-register when I tried to get back on and it did not remember me but I remembered it. Sooooo now I'm baaaack! Get yourselves ready
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    Options
    When you think about it, what could you really do on the old format that you can't on this one?

Nothing really too significant.

At least not significant enough for the uproar we had from some.

It's different that's all. You can still type and post pictures and all the fun stuff that makes up a real forum vs an antiquated newsgroup.

We could always look forward to the tasteful babe thread.
    We could actually confront trolls
    It was not antiquated we had some good family fights but came back together

Jim
  • saganized
    saganized Posts: 59
    Options
    A career lurker here, more or less... I do remember several names: F1nut, Dorokusai, mantis, tonyb, DSkip, Russman... Those are a few names I recognized while reading through this thread. There are others whose names I can't recall although from the majority of them, I almost always got good answers to my questions. I think I joined when I became interested in the LSi15, back in 2001 (I was considering upgrading from the RTA8t).

Some time after buying the LSi15, I provided someone on the Forum with pictures of my RTA8t. They were kind enough to post them as "reference pics" (I'm sorry to see the pics of vintage speakers are apparently gone). It used to be fun for me, looking through those old models... It would bring back some nice memories (except for how many years ago it was lol).

Now that I've ordered a new pair of LSiM705--a "tech upgrade"--I find myself back here poking around again. I've never been very knowledgeable about "things stereo," but I know what my ears like, and that's Polk Audio.

I'm going to want to create more floor space in my apartment soon, so a certain pair of not-quite-but-almost-legendary loudspeakers will have to find a new home. And yet, alas! I now find I need 100 posts in order to, well...post...in the For Sale (FS) Classifieds. That said, it would have been nice (imho) for the mods to include longevity as an alternative qualifier for selling. I'm not complaining, mind you--just sayin'. Ah, well, things are what they are.

Now, then. Long as I'm here, I'll just wish y'all a very Happy Easter (for those who "do Easter") and to the Forum in general, nice to see you. I may be back in a spell, in order to try and write 41 or more "meaningful" posts. Good luck with that, huh lol~ Actually, I'll have to, if I decide to offer these exceptional and soon-to-be-orphaned loudspeakers in the FS Forum. Because LSi15 are much too beautiful and musically functional to serve as mere plant stands, aren't they? :) Yay Polk~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Was it Happy Days Henry Winkler, or Barry or Arrested Development Henry Winkler?

I disabled signatures.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Necro post! Some funny ****, though!