Justice Scalia is dead

Options

Comments

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    These revisionist historians must really think Americans are stupid.
    A big Amen to that!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    He at least respected his fellow justices and rather than attack them personally like less-intelligent people and spoiled children do he used his intelligence to argue his point.

So in that context, you calling me f1flamer makes you one of the, "less-intelligent people and spoiled children." Got it.

lol
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Advantage...F1..now serving...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Here we have the same member trashing yet another thread, which will likely lead to it being closed or removed. A pattern, which seems to be ignored by the powers that be. On one hand, it's sad that his behavior is tolerated, but on the other hand it is amusing to watch him stick his foot in his mouth time and time again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    Children! Please try to play nice.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Oh that's rich Gatecrasher, you're a real work of art.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Oh that's rich Gatecrasher, you're a real work of art.

Lord knows I try there Polkie.

lol
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Justice Scalia was admired and respected by all conservatives and most liberals.... How anyone can interpret that to say he was disliked by a majority of people is just another display of poor taste and rigid ideological morbidity; not to mention poor math skills.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Figure i'd get my post in before the thread is locked due to certain individuals having such a difficult time sticking to the topic. Go start another thread and muck it all up with your political ranting.

Rest in Peace Justice Scalia. I will miss you!
    No excuses!
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    Again your math is "your" math which you have no founding on... I guess when the argument gets beyond a talking point or 2 and down to facts and the law that the less equipped to argue on merits and self proclaimed tolerant ideologues become increasingly less tolerant and turn to vitriol.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The Supreme Court has been dominated by Conservatives 5-4 for the past 40 years. I think it's time for America to move forward and appoint a moderate Justice to the bench and return the Supreme Court to a body that more closely represents the majority of Americans and won't simply be a rubber-stamp for the right. Scalia was highly-predictable. No surprises there. You knew exactly how he would vote on every issue before it ever made it to the Court along with Clarence Thomas. We need someone who is a little less political and a lot more objective to fill his spot.

LOL....so your premise is....if I read this right, is to swap one so called "rubber stamp" for another that favors a different side. Am I right so far ?

Maybe you should define what a SC Judge's job is. Is it not to uphold the constitution without prejudice, emotional attachment, political ideology ? Who injects more of that, right or left ? Scalia was a straight shooter, who didn't bend to the emotional persuasions that tug at some who want to change stuff based on it. For that he wasn't liked by some, but that was his job and he did it well.

Some fail to recognize the context of when and by whom the constitution was written. Written mostly by men of faith, who didn't want to make changing it as easy as some want it to be. They wanted a process in place that would ensure a clear majority would be needed to change laws or amend the constitution. Some call that gridlock, not getting stuff done, but that's how it was set up to operate.

Over the years, we have learned how to manipulate that process and dance around the edges. Some celebrate that, some despise it, but dancing around the edges doesn't belong on the bench of the SCOTUS.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    Thomas Jefferson said it best:
    "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as a civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

-Excerpted from a letter to Samuel Kercheval, July 12, 1816.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    markmarc wrote: »
    "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as a civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Thomas Jefferson was a very wise man... and a Progressive.

• Mikey081057
    edited February 2016
    Options
    markmarc wrote: »

Thomas Jefferson was a very wise man... and a Progressive.

and a slave owner... He was a man of considerable wealth and could have afforded to pay the people who worked for him, but chose to have 600 + slaves. In his writings he knew it was wrong, so if that makes him a progressive I am glad I am not a progressive.
    Post edited by Mikey081057 on

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    3 2 1 this one soon to be done.....
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    @Gatecrasher A person died. A loved and living person with a wife and children is missed. Why did you have to make this about politics? Seriously, could you not show some level of restraint?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The SCOTUS is by plan, the only branch that are lifetime appointments, so there are times when the balance of the court may be out of line with popular culture at certain times throughout history. This is so that constitutional changes happen at a more deliberate pace so that knee jerk changes in the other branches that have 2-4-6 year terms can sway with the winds of change, but the court will remain more stable.

Anyone that spends the last 30 years of life in the position serving/protecting his country deserves the respect regardless of your personal views. It is a very noble position to hold.......RIP.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    @Gatecrasher A person died. A loved and living person with a wife and children is missed. Why did you have to make this about politics? Seriously, could you not show some level of restraint?

I simply respectfully agreed with another forum member's post.

Sorry if it was a little outside your version of reality.

• maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ken, please ban this idiot. ^
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    ^^^This^^^ +100

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I hesitated to post this, however I did so without much comment. I should have just said R.I.P. but that would not have helped. It was the latest news to me. I have been under a rock for a week and now I shall return. ugh
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I hesitated to post this, however I did so without much comment. I should have just said R.I.P. but that would not have helped. It was the latest news to me. I have been under a rock for a week and now I shall return. ugh

Rock on Bruce!!!

• sarnella
    Options
    I choose to remember him as one of the greatest supreme court justices to serve
    the people of the USA in my lifetime. RIP
  • tonyb
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Never heard of this fellow til today when the local news (in Western Canada) mentioned it on the radio. Must of been a good guy to get that kind recognition and therefore, RIP sir.

You guys never hear about our good guys, and we get to hear about your Bieber....yeah, sounds fair. NOT !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Never heard of this fellow til today when the local news (in Western Canada) mentioned it on the radio. Must of been a good guy to get that kind recognition and therefore, RIP sir.

You guys never hear about our good guys, and we get to hear about your Bieber....yeah, sounds fair. NOT !!

They did give us Rush, so i'm willing to overlook the Biebs blunder.

No excuses!
  • tonyb
    Options
    Nowhere close to an even trade, lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Limbaugh is from Canada????? :p
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Thanks and we sincerely apologize for that Nickleback thing and Celine.

RIP Mr Scalia,by all accounts a great American.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Sorry FTGV, but Bieber and Celine should have been considered acts of war. :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    Options
    I dunno man, does anyone find it odd that nobody even examined the body and pronounced him dead....over the phone ? I mean, who dies of natural causes with a pillow over their head anyway ? No autopsy was ordered either ? Rushed off by U.S. Marshals ?

Sure, he was old and had some health issues, but we are talking a SCOTUS judge here. The next pick is just about as important as the next president, even more so I would think.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's