Super Bowl 50 , who will win it and why?

Options

Comments

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    No question Denver's defense won that game. The plan/hope was that the offense would do just enough to get a lead, then play as conservative as possible to eat the clock, while letting the defense dominate. That's exactly what happened. Though one does have to give CJ Anderson props for stoning Luke Kuechly at the two and finding a way to plow across the goal line.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options

I played football all the way to the college level and am smart enough to realize that even with the best players on one side of the ball it still takes a team effort to win. Neither the offense or the defense can win it all by themselves as you seem to believe. Maybe on your PlayStation it works that way but not in real life.

Seems like you might be suffering from CTE... I hope not, but statistically, the chances are very high.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options

I played football all the way to the college level and am smart enough to realize that even with the best players on one side of the ball it still takes a team effort to win. Neither the offense or the defense can win it all by themselves as you seem to believe. Maybe on your PlayStation it works that way but not in real life.

Seems like you might be suffering from CTE... I hope not, but statistically, the chances are very high.

No, I'm thinkin he has a man crush on Peyton and wants to give him all the credit.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I would agree with that but his posts in other threads point to something else.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gce
    Options

Ohhh I see where you're coming from.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options

They do indeed. The percentage of threads that go south as a direct result of his post(s) are extremely high.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Yeah right. You're an armchair quarterback at best.

lol

Nope just statically correct B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

They do indeed. The percentage of threads that go south as a direct result of his post(s) are extremely high.

Higher than mine....
    Continue.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Higher than mine....
    Continue.

How could they with your "electric" personality, Russ?

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    No I'm just discrediting the statement that was made inferring that the defense won the game all by itself. The defense has been good all year. No one is disputing that. The offense hasn't.

If Peyton would have played like he did earlier in the year they probably would have lost the SB. He played within himself and that was enough for the team to win.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options

The some on this "forum", if anyone disagrees with them they perceive that as derailing the thread. I myself have never been a bootlicking bobblehead doll and I really despise forum bullies. If you don't like my opinion that's just too bad.
  • F1nut
    Options
    You have a perception problem and the sad part is you can't see it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    Options
    I can see what you're all about very clearly.

Crystal-clear.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Peyton played horribly...plus a fumble
    s16cqz6apcca.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• gce
    Options
    Manning had the lowest rating by far than any other Super Bowl winning QB!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    s16cqz6apcca.jpg

Here were Cam Newton's stats:
    ATT/COMP(%): 18/41 (43.9)
    YARDS: 265
    TD/INT: 0/1
    YPA: 6.46
    QB RATING: 55.4

Plus Cam Newton fumbled the ball twice.
  • txcoastal1
    edited February 2016
    Options
    And Cam lost...because the defense didn't score or put Cam in scoring position like Denvers did

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Screw this... The game is over. The Broncos won, Panthers lost, worst Super Bowl EVER. The commercials sucked, halftime sucked, and Joe Buck is the worst NFL commentator there is.

The question is... Who will win next year and why? GO Vikings!

• Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You have to admit though that the Carolina defense played pretty-good too though. Peyton Manning didn't have a whole lot of wide-open receivers to throw to and the running game wasn't much after the 1st quarter either.

On the other hand, Cam Newton had some open receivers who dropped some very catchable passes.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Who cares? Back to ignore for you.

• txcoastal1
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I will admit Cams receivers didn't back him up, and although they keep boasting that their #1 receiver Kelvin Benjamin was out...he too has butter fingers

Carolina receiving core has talent but the all need to stand in front of a tennis ball launcher and do nothing but catch balls till they quit dropping them

Carolina will be hard to beat next year too

• Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I will admit Cams receivers didn't back him up, and although they keep boasting that their #1 receiver Kelvin Benjamin was out...he too has butter fingers

Carolina receiving core has talent but the all need to stand in front of a tennis ball launcher and do nothing but catch balls till they quit dropping them

Carolina will be hard to beat next year too

I agree. Cam Newton and the Panthers have a very promising future. It just wasn't in the cards for them this year.

I'm starting to like you Tex. We might not agree on everything but at least you have enough class not to turn every post into a personal attack.

Maybe we can be like Antonin Scalia and Ruth Ginsberg. They disagreed on just about everything but still respected each other.

lol

I will agree with nooshin that the halftime show sucked even though he is ignoring me and probably won't be able to see it. I guess I'll just have to go "stealth" on that comment.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • F1nut
    Options
    It's amusing to watch someone sink their own ship.

President of Club Polk

• gce
    Options
    s16cqz6apcca.jpg

The reason Cam had a bad game was because of Denver's Defense and the reason Payton had a bad game is that he's past his prime and can't keep it up anymore.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    s16cqz6apcca.jpg

The reason Cam had a bad game was because of Denver's Defense and the reason Payton had a bad game is that he's past his prime and can't keep it up anymore.

I can agree to that, though I won't take away anything from Carolina's defense either. They were very good also.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gatecrasher
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's amusing to watch someone sink their own ship.

I know. I get a kick out of every one of your highly-constructive posts too.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I can agree to that, though I won't take away anything from Carolina's defense either. They were very good also.

I agree. I thought both defenses were very good. You can tell by the stats that neither offense could do much. One thing you have to give Carolina was that their defense didn't crumble in the second half like they had the tendency to do in the regular season when some of the teams they played almost overcame huge 1st half deficits. Both defenses played pretty well the entire game.

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    s16cqz6apcca.jpg

Ben Rothenberger's stats from 2008 SB win:

9/21, 123 yards, 0TD's, 2INT

Peyton was asked to be a game manager, nothing more. Get a lead, be smart, eat the clock, and let the defense mangle the Panthers.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    markmarc wrote: »
    s16cqz6apcca.jpg

Ben Rothenberger's stats from 2008 SB win:

9/21, 123 yards, 0TD's, 2INT

Peyton was asked to be a game manager, nothing more. Get a lead, be smart, eat the clock, and let the defense mangle the Panthers.

That's exactly what I have been saying. Just like Big Ben, Peyton did what he had to in order to secure the win. Could he have gambled and possibly scored more points offensively? Sure but why give the opponent the opportunity to beat you if you don't have to? If the Broncos would have been losing we sure would have seen Peyton try to light it up more.

Once the Broncos had the lead he just wanted to play it conservative. A lot of people questioned the play calling in the 4th quarter when the Broncos ran three running plays in a row and went three and out with like 9:00 left in the game up by one possession but in the end it turned out to be the right call.

The team with the fewest turnovers won.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    While we're on the subject of terrible QB stats in SB's, how about Trent Dilfer in SB XXXV for the Baltimore Ravens...

Trent Dilfer 12/25 153yds 1td 0int

Dilfer's numbers were nothing to talk about, but the fact he had no INT's spoke volumes. He was able to manage the game effectively, then our legendary Defense smothered the NY Giants all game long.

Peyton Manning didn't need to be the legendary Peyton Manning this go round. I quite enjoyed watching Denver's D smother the Panthers.

Hey, Dilfer has a ring and Dan Marino doesn't. Team game folks!
    No excuses!