PS Audio PerfectWave Power Cables

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    My AC3 came today, I use Voodoo Cables in my main system and using these PS cables and the Detect in my secondary system.

if you want to try a super light and flexable cable the Voodoo Ultra-wave is huge and so light it feels empty inside :)
    eq5b4lsbrpsb.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    This is the 1m I got today.....pretzel!

6g6ky7woytrp.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    mrbiron wrote: »
    This is the 1m I got today.....pretzel!

6g6ky7woytrp.jpg

Damn you lol...

Well good to know I've got a 1m and a 2m incoming...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    This hobby is stupid...

I just came across a Shunyata Venom 3 at half price. Do I buy one and do a shootout?

No...I don't have the time!!!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    Yes yes you buy both lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    Damn it.

Just bought the Shunyata also...
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Should be interesting... B)
  • EndersShadow
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Damn it.

Both from music direct I take it?

I saw those by am gonna try the AC-3s and see..... I'd love to get a AC-5 but they be pricey, and I'd need two... That's the price of another DIY sub **eek**

• 10 AWG vs 12
    low loss dielectric Polyethylene vs PE & Polymer
    are the only differences.
    I think you did o.k. Ender.
  • EndersShadow
    Yeah... but my amp is ballsy so again the AC-5 is what I'd prefer since its 375 x 5 @ 4 ohms with a peak to peak of 75 amps *eek*
  • mrbiron
    Dod Gamnit!
    I just bought a PS Audio Classic Outlet!

Hoch, why stop there.....buy the INTEERRRRNEEEETTTT!!!!
  • hochpt21
    Dod Gamnit!
    I just bought a PS Audio Classic Outlet!

Hoch, why stop there.....buy the INTEERRRRNEEEETTTT!!!!

LOL!!!
  • hochpt21
    Damn it.

I saw those by am gonna try the AC-3s and see..... I'd love to get a AC-5 but they be pricey, and I'd need two... That's the price of another DIY sub **eek**

I got the Shunyata from another forum. $75
  • EndersShadow
    Damn it.

I got the Shunyata from another forum. $75

Can't go wrong there!

But now I know what you paid so you can't try to overcharge me when I try to buy it lol...

• so I read an old DK thread about PS Audio cables and am trying the AC-3 in to
    the Detect. I have signal to the pre & amp and Signal analog to the Yammy CD
    player. Wifes out, Zep on. I think I'll let it burn-in with this config...
  • EndersShadow
    so I read an old DK thread about PS Audio cables and am trying the AC-3 in to
    the Detect. I have signal to the pre & amp and Signal analog to the Yammy CD
    player. Wifes out, Zep on. I think I'll let it burn-in with this config...

Yup I read that thread as well and then debated looking for some of the Statement cables but decided against it...
  • hochpt21
    Got my Ac5 the other day. Thick sucker. I'm gonna put it on the HT amp (rotel 3 channel) to cook for awhile before trying it against the signal and Shunyata.
  • ^^^ The above should have read Magic Digital Ref into the Yamaha CD-S2100

"trying it against the signal and Shunyata."
    Should be interesting. Signal is a good PC for the $
    I'm looking at a couple of Shunyata right now...
  • EndersShadow
    Got my Ac5 the other day. Thick sucker. I'm gonna put it on the HT amp (rotel 3 channel) to cook for awhile before trying it against the signal and Shunyata.

Can't say that it's thick without a pic to prove it :tongue: ....

If you have a AC-3 put it next to it so I can see the diff for my own curiosity.....
  • hochpt21

If you have a AC-3 put it next to it so I can see the diff for my own curiosity.....

Lets just say its safely hidden in the trunk. Will be brought in under the cover of night.
  • EndersShadow
    edited January 2016

Lets just say its safely hidden in the trunk. Will be brought in under the cover of night.

Lol so one of those purchases that was not discussed huh :wink:

I've had my two AC-3 hooked up since I got em yesterday and I could be wrong but I swear I notice more bass from my sub with the AC-3 on it but it might just be I had the volume louder

PS better let it thaw out before connecting lol...

• mrbiron
    my 1m is still in the same pretzel shape from when i took the picture :frowning:
    Every time i bought a new AC3, i would just chuck it into place and away i went. Missed out on all the opportunity to "compare" with stock. My bad.....and i'm not pulling the stock cords back out to do a shoot out.

This one will be different....i swear! It is for the Bottlehead Crack and should give me a real idea if these are legit, or snake oil.

As for the Outlet, i'm going to have to actually try and set aside time before and after. Rearranging will take place as i would like the outlet to be on the 1st outlet in the chain. Straight romex, from panel, without anything in between, with the remainder to follow AFTER the PS Audio. No dedicated runs here. Would require demo and pregnant momma don't want no demo!
  • "Got my Ac5 the other day. Thick sucker. I'm gonna put it on the HT amp (rotel 3 channel) to cook for awhile before trying it against the signal and Shunyata."

The AC-12's are 1/2 off too. Just sayin' ;)
  • EndersShadow
    "Got my Ac5 the other day. Thick sucker. I'm gonna put it on the HT amp (rotel 3 channel) to cook for awhile before trying it against the signal and Shunyata."

Hehehe... considering his budget was 100 to begin with the AC-5 is already 1.75x that unless he got a 2m in which case its double... the AC-14 is 5x his budget min lol..

I think HE'd be sleeping IN the truck if he spent that much lol...
  • mrbiron
    I talked to the "roommate" about letting me buy an AC-5 last night to TRY.
    She tells me, "That pretty little Rainy Day Fund you have is going towards the new lawnmower, not some stupid wire!"
    I really NEED a new lawnmower but i really NEED an AC-5 as well. Tough decisions
    They are both on sale to boot...... :#
  • EndersShadow
    I talked to the "roommate" about letting me buy an AC-5 last night to TRY.
    She tells me, "That pretty little Rainy Day Fund you have is going towards the new lawnmower, not some stupid wire!"
    I really NEED a new lawnmower but i really NEED an AC-5 as well. Tough decisions
    They are both on sale to boot...... :#

Buy both, put em on the credit card then buy a nice bottle of the good wine (IE not in a box), flowers, chocolate and a chick flick to watch, and spend the next month sucking up in advance of the Credit Card bill...

hehehehe
  • mrbiron
    Hmmm Enders, well everything you wrote is comforting.......in the fact that i know you aren't sleeping with my wife!

She hates wine, not a chocolate fan and seldom likes chick flicks. More of a suspense kinda person. Flowers on the other hand, she can't have enough of those.

Today, is a good day! :D
  • EndersShadow
    Hmmm Enders, well everything you wrote is comforting.......in the fact that i know you aren't sleeping with my wife!

She hates wine, not a chocolate fan and seldom likes chick flicks. More of a suspense kinda person. Flowers on the other hand, she can't have enough of those.

LOL... then buy her a good 5th of scotch, some sliders and a suspense movie and flowers randomly
    Today, is a good dayto do something to bring about my own death! :D

Fixed it for you
  • hochpt21
    "Got my Ac5 the other day. Thick sucker. I'm gonna put it on the HT amp (rotel 3 channel) to cook for awhile before trying it against the signal and Shunyata."

Hehehe... considering his budget was 100 to begin with the AC-5 is already 1.75x that unless he got a 2m in which case its double... the AC-14 is 5x his budget min lol..

I think HE'd be sleeping IN the truck if he spent that much lol...

LOL, you know me so well :)
  • hochpt21
    5A04E3CE-136F-492B-B8F2-DB15E75F0776_zpsrfjnkeoz.jpg?1453472248756&1453472249489&1453472251561

754D12FB-BC84-4F09-B869-D25399A7FBAB_zps5dwandwp.jpg?1453472248756&1453472249489&1453472251561&1453472254370&1453472258306