just seeing if it works

new to the site, I can tell there is a lot of knowledge hear.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    TNWANNABE wrote: »
    new to the site, I can tell there is a lot of knowledge hear.

Welcome...maybe introduce yourself to the crowd, tell us a bit about yourself. We only bite every 3rd Monday of the month. lol

I jest of course....lots of good folks here, like sitting on a bar stool with friends. Enjoy the forum.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Hey and I am here too!
  • Welcome, and do not feed the trolls.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • I'm from Virginia beach Va. but living in the Chattanooga Tn. area. worked pipefitting and plumbing for most of my life. 56 years old so I took a building operations job here at the federal building. I have always enjoyed music and movies, but recently started getting interested in vintage speakers. I'm starting to make plans for my first restoration project, so I will be browsing the site for ideas and hopefully some help when I run into trouble.. thanks for the welcome

• I am a new Polkie myself and have received a lot of great information and help from a good bunch of audiophiles
    Polk SDA 1C Upgraded, Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Belles 21a Preamp, Rotel RSX-1056, Matricom G Box Q, Blue Jean & Signal Cable interconnects, Sonographe SG-3 TT, Panamax M4300-PM
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    TNWANNABE wrote: »
    I'm from Virginia beach Va. but living in the Chattanooga Tn. area. worked pipefitting and plumbing for most of my life. 56 years old so I took a building operations job here at the federal building. I have always enjoyed music and movies, but recently started getting interested in vintage speakers. I'm starting to make plans for my first restoration project, so I will be browsing the site for ideas and hopefully some help when I run into trouble.. thanks for the welcome

Cool man, in the construction business myself. Though I have to ask....your getting a tad old for all that bending over pipefitters do. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Welcome to the room. I stomped around my younger years in Chattanooga and the surrounding area's myself.
    Lots of smart people in this place that's for sure.

What kind of project you thinking?
  • I want to do a rebuild on some monitor 10s or maybe some RTA 12s.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    2 month resurrection here. I'm in the Chattanooga area too. Let me know if you are looking for some decent older gear to get started with. Between me and a buddy, we have some cool extras laying around. Preamps, amps, speakers.. The usual. Would be happy to help.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends