Starbucks Turntable Card

57akxlm0s4nr.jpeg

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I thought it was cool, snagged a couple of them..
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    The only non audiophiles that listen to LPs are hipsters and hipsters loooove their Starbucks. Good marketing on Starbucks part.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2015
    but, but... I like audio... and turntables... and Starbucks. I am not hip.

;- )

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The only non audiophiles that listen to LPs are hipsters Good marketing on Starbucks part.

Not all that true, I've been very pleased to see kids picking albums nearly every trip to Fry's and i usually approach them and ask why...most say they like the sound and the art work, some just say it's cool. They are usually with their parents and the parents don't have anything to do with it and say it's a kids thing :) ...
    ....so it may die out as a kids fad but will more the likely reciprocate in their 20 year flash back cycle

During "Record Days" at the shop by my house the biggest sales is 12-24yr olds
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,708
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The only non audiophiles that listen to LPs are hipsters Good marketing on Starbucks part.

Not all that true, I've been very pleased to see kids picking albums nearly every trip to Fry's and i usually approach them and ask why...most say they like the sound and the art work, some just say it's cool. They are usually with their parents and the parents don't have anything to do with it and say it's a kids thing :) ...
    ....so it may die out as a kids fad but will more the likely reciprocate in their 20 year flash back cycle

During "Record Days" at the shop by my house the biggest sales is 12-24yr olds

It's a fad with the younger crowd. My niece (23) and her husband buy lots of vinyl, so do their friends. They don't even have a turntable (or a stereo for that matter), they just think the artwork is cool.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2015
    I usually go Dunkin because Starbucks is too darned yuppie for me, I can't relax in there! Lol
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    The cartridge is way out of alignment! :p
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    That might even be cooler than my Cassette Tape Discover card.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • mhardy6647
    skrol wrote: »
    That might even be cooler than my Cassette Tape Discover card.

The AmEx Eight Track Rhodium Card(TM) cannot be too far behind...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    cnh wrote: »
    I usually go Dunkin because Starbucks is too darned yuppie for me, I can't relax in there! Lol

Dang, another similarity....same here chief. Aside from the "Yuppy" factor, their coffee is too acidic for me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2015
    I like 'em both (Dunkies & Starbucks, that is).

For those of you who make the trek to northern NH for skiing in the winter -- the coffee in the convenience store at the new rest areas (owned and run by the Common Man Restaurant group) on I-93 north and southbound near the Hooksett tolls is absolutely excellent. Highly recommended. 100% yuppie/hipster-free, too.

Live free or die! :- )

EDIT: Don't get me wrong -- I love Dunkies! The glazed stick donut (which you won't find Down South, for whatever reason) is the sine qua non of donut-dom. And their coffee is good... but it is, I'd opine, the Toyota Camry of coffee. Solid. Dependable. Perfectly suited to its intended tasks. Just kinda bland and boring.

Try the Peruvian Dark Roast at the Common Man "general stores" on the freeway. Not boring coffee :- ) Their donuts are pretty decent, too. Sweeter than Dunkies :-O but fresh, and sincere. I like my donuts sincere; I have no truck for (or is that with) affected donuts.

http://www.nhrestareas.com/

oh, and don't miss the State liquor stores, too! Great selection & prices -- gotta love NH; where else will you find a liquor store on the freeway. Drink Free(ly) and Drive!

http://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/