Amps and Receiver

13»

Comments

  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,115
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    voltz wrote: »
    The type of Beer you were drinking can make a big difference, my Music always sounds better with a BECK's then a Guiness, seems more clear nor so dark and cloudy (if you know what I mean)

    If you really want to kick it up a notch hit up Skips cabinet for a bottle of bourbon

    Take your pick.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,254
    edited November 2015
    I like the idea of bringing something new over each time to keep the cabinet growing B) It's already a wonderful site!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

    HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,404
    fmw wrote: »
    I don't know

    That is about the only thing you've said in this thread that is true.

    --Gary--
  • Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,112
    Will likely be on the bright side, but that could be a sound you prefer. If you find it too bright for your tastes, sell the Emo's and replace with a warmer 5 channel amp. Best of luck and enjoy your system!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,440
    03SONIC wrote: »
    Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.

    The bourbon or the suggested amps ? lol

    Used Parasound or B&k amps sell in the 4-600 buck range, about the same as new Emo amps but their sound quality is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

    Where you located man ? Maybe get yourself over to one of the many get togethers the members have, meet some good folks, get your ears on some variety, and drink their booze.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • tonyb wrote: »
    03SONIC wrote: »
    Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.

    The bourbon or the suggested amps ? lol

    Used Parasound or B&k amps sell in the 4-600 buck range, about the same as new Emo amps but their sound quality is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

    Where you located man ? Maybe get yourself over to one of the many get togethers the members have, meet some good folks, get your ears on some variety, and drink their booze.

    New Jersey:)

  • adabroadabro Posts: 208
    03SONIC - I had almost the exact same setup, but had Monitor 40's as surrounds. Ran it for about a month on an Onkyo 807 before adding an XPA-3. I didn't notice much (or any) difference after adding the emo, but take that with a grain of salt, I'm terrible at picking up audible differences.
    I sold the A9's when I got a great deal on LSIM's, but I still have the amp - when it dies I'll try a Parasound....
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,440
    03SONIC wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    03SONIC wrote: »
    Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.

    The bourbon or the suggested amps ? lol

    Used Parasound or B&k amps sell in the 4-600 buck range, about the same as new Emo amps but their sound quality is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

    Where you located man ? Maybe get yourself over to one of the many get togethers the members have, meet some good folks, get your ears on some variety, and drink their booze.

    New Jersey:)

    Oh man....half the forum is in Jersey, lol. Pay attention to the get together thread, always somethin' going on and Polkfests are usually in your area too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • nine threads in a row. I should get a life!
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Yamaha a-s2100 Amp, CD-2100 CD player, T-S500 tuner
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth p3esr, Polk RT7
    Cables: Aural Harmony Sonnet Interconnect II, WireWorld Equinox 7 speaker,
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Pangea SE14, Voltz supplied interconnects
    Optional: Arcam DV88 DVD/CD (HDCD) player, Polk SDS-400 speakers
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,440
    nine threads in a row. I should get a life!

    Walmart has them on sale for Black Friday.....run !! :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!