Denon AVR-X3200W with TSi Speakers

I am about to purchase a Denon AVR-X3200W to be used with my TSi 500 fronts, CS20 Centre, TSi 200 Sides, OWM3 backs and PSW125 Sub, any problems with that combination? Can it damage the speakers?

Best Answers

Answers

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    No, but you can.

The receiver is fine for powering what you have all though not the most powerful for powering 7 speakers. Just keep the volume at reasonable levels and listen carefully when you feel like cranking it up. If the music starts to sound congested, rough around the edges, back off the volume dial.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    The specs for that AVR show 105wpc in stereo mode. I have no idea what that will
    dilute down to with the additional speakers you have, but a good rule of thumb is to keep the volume knob under 1 o'clock (well, OK, for Denon that would mean no louder than what -10db will achieve?)
    Assuming you will hook that sub up with the Subwoofer Out, so that eliminates that from being in the mix. Damage will only occur if the speakers are overdriven, and a distorted signal is sent to them.

If you feel you are not getting all you can from those speakers, at least with that model Denon you have preouts, and can add a separate amp down the road.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • PeteD
    PeteD Posts: 19
    This set up will mostly be used for Blu Ray movies, very little music, any difference?
  • polrbehr
    You should be fine, pay attention to the couple of things @tonyb mentioned and you'll be fine.

As I said, if you feel you're not getting the full effects, maybe try adding a separate amp to power the fronts to start with. My rig is comparable to yours, and at -20db I never feel like I'm missing anything.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• polrbehr
    +1 on the manual, even though Denon has made many improvements in their GUI menus (thank G*d!). They finally made input/output selections much easier, also much simpler to adjust just about everything.
    Denons' user manuals had a pretty steep learning curve even a few years ago.

• PeteD
    Thanks all for the comments, I pick it up today and will see how it goes. Has to be an improvement over my present Denon AVR-1913.
  • PeteD
    One more question, Dolby Atmos requires special (so they say) Dolby Atmos speakers, does the DTS X system require other special speakers or will the present ones do?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Present ones will do....and yeah, should be a pretty good upgrade from the older Denon.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable