Anybody up for a meat....I mean meet in Southern NJ, again?

I dunno if I can swing a full blown Polkfest again this year but I could do a Saturday or Sunday thing. It's kinda late for a full blow PF anyway and I'd need a hell of alot more help than just Lou. We were busted our butts.

I can BBQ again and/or we can do "potluck" too. Menu would depend on the number of people who wish to come.

I'm thinking some time in October? Maybe even Halloween since it's a Saturday? We could call it "Polk'O'Ween 2015"! (hey, that rhymes!) If not, early November.

Anybody interested?
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2015
    Well boys and girls, don't ALL jump in at once! Late October or early Nov. may be possible. Earlier in October is out, daughter is in college (first year) and coming home a weekend or two around then.

All I can say is John is a great host! Even a mini-get together would be worth the trip. Also get to swing by my sister's place coming and going if I do make it down.

Very gracious for you to step up two consecutive years, John, especially for all us deadbeats! Membership is dwindling, forum participation is down. On the plus side, trolls are holding steady, lol!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    He just posted it pal, give people a chance. lol.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Definitely interested.
    I am in for several pounds of whatever pork product is needed too.
    I would post a pic of that brisket from last year as an enticement, but you'd end up
    with 60 people on your lawn...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2015
    I'm there John. Harry's going to be there and EVERYTHING.

John, you need to get in touch anyway. A ton or two of local p/u stuff coming. Soon. Cheap too.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    OK, so I'm thinking Halloween weekend would actually be a good day for me. Feel free to bail but if you're like me, you don't have anything going on. It's just beggars day...I mean Halloween.

I can have something small on Friday night if people are coming in town but I'll definitely BBQ on Saturday and I'll invite neighbors and friends as well again. Saturday night, Halloween party. Y'all can come in costume if you'd like.

Otherwise, audio nerd stuff and then a party at night.

Polk Audio can get in on it if they want, I don't mind.

So, bad idea? Good idea?

• Jstas
    Ain't care.

It's my place, my time, I'm doing it when it's best for me.

If nobody shows up, fine with me.

If everybody shows up, fine with me.

I already have 4 people telling me they are down for whenever.

I'm just looking to see who is good with 10/30-10/31

Maybe if somebody else stepped up, we wouldn't have this problem, now would we?

All I know is that if we do this on Halloween weekend, this is going to be the rockin'est place in NJ that weekend.

• polrbehr
    I can definitely do 10/31, I'll put in for that Sunday off now, only I won't know about Friday until week of. Just give me an idea of what you need.

I'd be more than happy to throw my house (hat) into the ring, but the logistics of where I am, plus a couple of other issues, make failure almost a certainty.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• You don't still have that rattlesnake infestation do you Harry?
  • polrbehr
    Heh heh, no rattlers here, but almost once a year we hear about some idiot releasing a baby 'gator into Lake Ronkonkoma or the Peconic River. Who'da thunk...

• George Grand
    edited September 2015
    My cousin Gregg and his family live in the town of Lake R. Man, I miss blasting around that part of the island in days long gone. San Remo, Kings Park, St. James, Smithtown, Bohemia, Sayville, East and West Islip, Hauppauge (caddied there a few times at HCC), Great River (caddied there too). The island is happening in all the places that don't get a lot of press. And the places that get the press get the people that...

And I shall reiterate. If Harry's eating John's meat this year, so am I.
  • Count me in as tentative for now. I am in Princeton, NJ area.
  • Jstas
    OK, so I'm gonna do Friday night 10/30, make it a bit of a Halloween party, Saturday day 10/31 until whenever at night. All the trick or treaters should be running around too.

Families and kids are welcome and we'll have stuff for the kids as well.

I'm not expecting a huge turnout but I'd like to get a decent head count by the weekend before, like October 23rd, so I can plan well enough ahead.

Any requests on what to cook?

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I live too far away ,but would be interested in making a donation to help pay for some of the adult libations or food or cigars.
  • Jstas
    That's not really necessary. I mean, if you want to, that's fine, I guess but that's not really how we've done stuff like this.

• polrbehr
    October bump.

I am committed to getting down there, still unsure about Friday though. But for anyone between me (LI/NYC area) and John (south Jersey area) who might like to attend and needs transportation, post here or PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited October 2015
    Jstas wrote: »
    That's not really necessary. I mean, if you want to, that's fine, I guess but that's not really how we've done stuff like this.

I'm late to this invitation, but I'd still like to know where it is to see whether it is possible for me. :)

So, @Jstas, where are you located in southern New Jersey? Which exit off the NJ Turnpike or Garden State?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Jstas
    You're better off with Exit 29A or Exit 29B off of I295.

I'm about 5-10 minutes southwest of Cherry Hill, NJ.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @Jstas,

My wife and I just learned that we need to be in NJ the prior weekend, which means I won't be attending. :(

Thank you for the information.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    Things are looking good for me...I'll bring the monos to kick those 703's in hi-gear.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • George Grand
    That's good to see you brave a block and a half of driving to get there.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    That's good to see you brave a block and a half of driving to get there.

I'll have to leave early so I don't get held up by all those urchins running around the neighborhood. Getting home should be a bit easier.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Jstas
    I have about a dozen and a half people showing up so far including you yahoos. It's going to at least be a good party!

Also, there are people coming who will gladly keep the urchina at bay!

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Love to make it someday. Have fun fellas...
  • Jstas
    OK, so right now there is a strong chance there will be a Mark Suskind and a Stu Lumdsen on Friday afternoon/evening.

Maybe a mark on Saturday with some others in tow.

So if you're on the fence, here's your reason to not be.

Ya buncha squares.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I have about a dozen and a half people showing up

So in common core terms how many people is that? :#

Sounds like a good time guys

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jstas
    Polk Audio will have representation on Saturday.

Friday, not sure yet.

Also, head count is being finalized this weekend. The food on Saturday is more BBQ courtesy of polrbehr and he can't just whip up some more ribs in a jiffy or anything so head counts have to be something very close to solid.

If a week is still too much lead time then you really need to reevaluate your life choices.

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    John,

I'm a little late to the invite here, but I just finalized my plans for next weekend and Saturday is open. You mind if I roll in?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited October 2015
    John,
    can you pencil me in for now? I will let you know by Thursday....Thanks!!

Devin
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • Jstas
    You were supposed to let me know by last Saturday.

You're lucky someone already said they were cancelling.
    I'm not expecting a huge turnout but I'd like to get a decent head count by the weekend before, like October 23rd, so I can plan well enough ahead.

Noah made it in just under the wire.

Right now, with Polk Audio people coming, I have about 20-25 people showing up over Friday/Saturday between you yahoos, some stereo friends not on Club Polk and neighbors. All the food is bought for the most part so at this point if a bunch of people are planning on showing up last minute or unannounced, you'd better bring a pizza with you or something.

For those of you already coming, if you'd like to bring something, grab a 6-pack of your favorite beer or a bottle of your favorite wine or something and bring that along. If you'd prefer a non-alcoholic beverage, that's cool too. Everything else is handled.

• polrbehr
    Got home about 1/2 hour ago, just wanted to get a quick thank-you out to John for having us in his home again this year, and for keeping the smoker going!

Polk was well represented again by Mark S., he's a good guy who made a great effort to be there, bringing his personal speakers for us to drool over.

This event is something I have started to look forward to almost as much as football season...