Umpqua Community College - Here We Go AGAIN!

teekay0007
teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
edited October 2015 in The Clubhouse
Another very sick person just shot up another school. This time in Roseburg, OR, with the preliminary reports saying at least 10 dead another 20 injured. Hard to say if these numbers are accurate or not.

They also say that the shooter is "down". Hopefully, they were put down like a rabid dog.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    13 dead so far, that seems to be the most accurate count. Sick frickin' people in this world. Kudos to the first responders who were on the scene quick and put this MF'er down. All we know so far is it was a 20 year old male. For such a small community this was a huge undertaking and they seem to have handled it well.

That's no consolation to those who lost loved ones though and our prayers go out to all who have been touched by evil today in Oregon. I'm at a loss for words....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • So tragic, prayers for the families....
    My Glock 30sf goes with me everywhere!!! Unless it's at a restricted place where I can't carry!
    I'm glad I have my concealed carry license... You just never know.
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    chefkungfu wrote: »
    So tragic, prayers for the families....
    My Glock 30sf goes with me everywhere!!! Unless it's at a restricted place where I can't carry!

Yes, and before the facts are known, Mr. Obama is on TV calling for more gun control.

Some things in life are utterly and completely predictable.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Yes, and before the facts are known, Mr. Obama is on TV calling for more gun control.

He has a history of opening his mouth before all the facts are in.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    tonyb wrote: »

Keep it up every time he squawks gun control more guns and ammo fly off shelfs, he's actually the best advertisement/promoter for sales.

Bless the ones who lost there family and friends
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • chefkungfu wrote: »

What's wrong with this person who calls himself commander in chief??
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    So sad... there are some sick people in this world. Prayers to the wounded and families of those who unfortunately lost their lives.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Leading from the rear.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    scubalab wrote: »
    So sad... there are some sick people in this world. Prayers to the wounded and families of those who unfortunately lost their lives.

Amen!

God bless those who have been victimized by this madman -- whomever he may be and for whatever reason he committed this atrocity.

May he suffer forever in Dante's seventh circle of the Inferno.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Sad indeed, more prayers go out to all the families involved. It's a sad world we live in, pump up these misguided depressed people young and old with anti depressants and let them loose on the world and if they don't off their selfs after committing such a horrific crime or get taken out by the authorities while doing so, we get to let them live thier miserable lifes in a Prison mental ward getting the attention they so seek. Yeah these are some very sad times we all live in.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    IF YOU WERE THE FIRST TO GET WACKED YOU WOULD DIE GLOCK OR NO GLOCK. WHAT'S YOUR SOLUTION??? Glock 30sf goes with me everywhere!!! Unless it's at a restricted place where I can't carry!
    I'm glad I have my concealed carry license... You just never know.[/quote]

Yes, and before the facts are known, THE FACTS ARE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WERE MURDERED, THATS THE FACT??? Mr. Obama is on TV calling for more gun control. PRESIDENT OBAMA TO YOU SIR....

Some things in life are utterly and completely predictable.[/quote]

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited October 2015
    warren wrote: »
    IF YOU WERE THE FIRST TO GET WACKED YOU WOULD DIE GLOCK OR NO GLOCK. WHAT'S YOUR SOLUTION??? Glock 30sf goes with me everywhere!!! Unless it's at a restricted place where I can't carry!

Yes, and before the facts are known, THE FACTS ARE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WERE MURDERED, THATS THE FACT??? Mr. Obama is on TV calling for more gun control. PRESIDENT OBAMA TO YOU SIR....

Your first statement is absolutely true, but I would at least prefer to have a fighting chance to defend myself. Maybe?

If, on the other hand, you were NOT the first to get wacked (sic), there may be quite a few people who will be alive because of you, when they otherwise might have been dead.

It's a pointless discussion anyway, I am sure this post [and the accompanying thread] will be vapor before the weekend...

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited October 2015
    The "liberals" like me are often accused of bringing politics into the discussion. Goodness and mercy people innocent people have lost their lives. Stop talking about ur effing precious gun rights.

Prayers for the victims and their families. Lord have mercy.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    The "liberals" like me are often accused of bringing politics into the discussion. Goodness and mercy people innocent people have lost their lives. Stop talking about ur effing precious gun rights.

Prayers for the victims and their families. Lord have mercy.

Your commander and chief is the one who brought up gun rights...the discussion was about defending yourself and others
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    tonyb wrote: »

He must be a member of the Polk Audio forum.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
This discussion has been closed.