Fantasy Football '15...Who plays?

Any Fantasy Football players here? Post your team a league type. Open fantasy dialogue, start-sit, waiver wire, or trade discussions....or just B.S. even if your not on a league.
2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    edited September 2015
    Here's my team for 12-man, 1pt. PPR
    Draft went well very competitive money league with $50 weekly bonus for different weekly top scorers here are some examples.
    Week 1 Total Points Accumulated (QB + RB1 or RB2)
    Week 2 Total Points Accumulated (RB1 or RB2 + WR1 or WR2)
    Week 3 Total Points Accumulated (Total Points Scored by Starters + Bench Points)
    Week 4 Total Points Accumulated (TE + Flex)

I'm great at running back a little week at receiver but all-in-all not a bad draft.
    Don't laugh at Bradshaw on my bench...had him last year before he went down and he was an awesome PPR RB

Week2 starters... just 1 more week till Le'Veon Bell comes back!!!!
    51qtbvwxo253.jpg

tqvdm8slhdml.jpg

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Two Leagues for me - been playing in both for the last 6 years at least, one longer. I enjoy FFL, interestingly the wife is in both leagues, and is generally one of my toughest competitors, black marks on the man card, but man, she's one sport-smart chica, (marrying me excepted of course).

First is pretty standard10 team ESPN scoring with a couple small changes:

yq0f7p96d9as.jpg

Second is Yahoo 10 team PPR - with some heavy bonus scoring and defensive penalties.

omo2debsmkv3.jpg
    8wtk5xd47ibh.jpg

VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• txcoastal1
    I see you are sporting Gore too. I hope Indy can step their game. Indy's schedule is really tough through the first 6-games. I'm going to sit Gore and roll the dice on Woodhead this week to see how that goes.

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Yea - if they don't get that passing game moving, Gore will be a bust, I was desperate for RB's in that draft by the time I got there because I had already taken Luck and D Thomas, maybe not my best decisions ever.

You're gonna be in great shape week three when Bell comes back, in a 12 team you're stacked!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Ive been playinf FF for 20 years. Used to have to score everything by hand. Much easier now obviously. In two leagues this year. One is head to head, the other is total points. Nice being in two with each having their merits. Also tried Draft Kings for this season. Only put in 25 bucks, but seems kinda cool so far.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    edited September 2015
    For the past 11 years, I have been the commissioner of 2 leagues on the RT Sports website that are quite a bit different than most conventional leagues.

They are both keeper leagues where you keep up to 3 players from the previous season and give up a draft pick 2 rounds earlier than where they were drafted. If off the waiver wire, then you give up round 10. If you want the same player the following season, it's again 2 rounds earlier, so you can't keep a good player his whole career.

Both are 12 team PPR, standard 6pt scoring for all TD, and you can flex any position. So it basically becomes a two-QB league, but you don't HAVE to start 2, so you can do without one during a bye week.

The other twist is that the two leagues are set up as separate conferences, and have separate drafts, but the final game of the year is between the winners of the two leagues, so you could possibly have some of the same players on each of their rosters.

Draft order for the next season is determined but the outcome of the playoffs and the Toilet Bowl.

I am also in a similar re-draft league so won't list all my rosters.

For the first time, I am also getting into the "daily" leagues and like Draft Kings a lot.
  • txcoastal1
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    The other twist is that the two leagues are set up as separate conferences, and have separate drafts, but the final game of the year is between the winners of the two leagues, so you could possibly have some of the same players on each of their rosters.

Definitely an interesting twist but I like it. We have been discussing keepers for our league as we are in our 5th year as a group with only 2 people leaving the league over the last 5 years. We discussed that any newcomers would inherit the team of the person who left and decide what to do with that team.

Thanks for sharing guys

• deronb1
    In the total point league, we keep three in an eight team league. In the head to head league, we keep four. Draft is determined by previous year finish.

We use My Fantasy League. 80.00 a year, but the scoring can be tweeked to about anyway you want. We have tweeked many things over the years and are happy with it so far.
  • Jimbo18
    deronb1 wrote: »
    In the total point league, we keep three in an eight team league. In the head to head league, we keep four. Draft is determined by previous year finish.

We use My Fantasy League. 80.00 a year, but the scoring can be tweeked to about anyway you want. We have tweeked many things over the years and are happy with it so far.

RT Sports is a bit more because we technically have more than one league but they have been very good about making changes when we ask for them.

In the redraft league, there are 5 leagues of 10 teams each and 15 teams makes the playoffs, plus 1 wildcard, and we play 4 weeks of playoffs to determine the final winner with all league winners competing against each other. Not a big money league, $50 buy in and you pay for ww pickups buy blind bidding, so usually averages about $75 for the season.
  • deronb1

RT Sports is a bit more because we technically have more than one league but they have been very good about making changes when we ask for them.

In the redraft league, there are 5 leagues of 10 teams each and 15 teams makes the playoffs, plus 1 wildcard, and we play 4 weeks of playoffs to determine the final winner with all league winners competing against each other. Not a big money league, $50 buy in and you pay for ww pickups buy blind bidding, so usually averages about $75 for the season.

Thats not bad. We are about the same. Ive heard of leagues where you can play two QBs. Seems a bit odd. With MFL we can do survivor and confidence pools too, so even if one is having a crappy year, he can make up a little scratch in those.
  • Jimbo18
    Two QB leagues are becoming more popular. The problem with 1 QB is there are too many good ones available.

Think about the advice all the "experts" give you to wait on a QB cuz there are plenty of them available. Change it to two QBs and they are coming off the board like crazy and getting two goods ones is possible but you have to give up RB or WR strength to do it.
  • txcoastal1
    edited October 2015
    12man PPR
    So John Brown is questionable for Monday night I think he'll play and the match up is awesome

Would you risk it?

I have Jordan Matthews or Frank Gore to slide in I also could look for some real upside and roll the dice with A Bradshaw.....Hmmm

I'm already starting Fitzgerald was going to run the duo to probably have 40+ receiving between him and brown

Hmmm

Also have Stefon Diggs

What you guys think

• deronb1
    Im playing Brown. Think he played with the same thing last week.
  • Jimbo18
    edited October 2015
    Can you pick up someone also playing that you can use if Brown sits? Floyd maybe? If not, maybe Aiken for Baltimore just as insurance?
  • txcoastal1
    edited October 2015
    Unfortunately I'm stuck and can only drop one player this week. I have Big Ben, and Dalton on the bench so I am dropping Stefon Diggs for believe it or not Bryan Hoyer. I know it seems like I'm being stingy but I am #1 in division and don't want to give anyone any fuel towards end of season.

Also, re-picked up Ahmad Bradshaw who was a PPR machine for me last year, and Brandon LaFell

I attempted trades but, that didn't work out. If Brown doesn't play maybe Fitzgerald will have another 34-37 pt kick@ss and cover my my margin if I goose egg.

I also noticed you guys have 8 bench spots and I see an IR spot. We only have 7 bench spots. What rules do you have using the IR spot?

Worst case scenario if I lose I go into a 2 or 3way tie

How you guys doing...have you been able to weather the injury/bye week drama's

• Jimbo18
    One of my leagues we start 9 and have 6 on the bench, no IR spot. I have Dez and Big Ben, so it has been a challenge. I am 4-2 thanks to Rivers, Foster, Gore and Seattle but probably in trouble this week, my opponent has D Freeman.

Of my 3 teams that's the only one with a winning record but one team I own has more points than a 6-0 team in that league and is only 2-4. I have the most points scored against me in that league. You do much about that.

Good luck with Brown, I hope he plays.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,076
    I'm 4-2 in my work league. I play every year. Sleeper alert...Ted Ginn tonight for the Panthers.
  • deronb1
    Glad I played Lamar Miller today!
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,076
    Foster went down. That stinks.
  • txcoastal1
    Not HAPPY, haven't sat Woodhead all season...had a stupid hunch about Gore...he got points but Woodhead killed the garbage time. Playing my son-in-law and the top scorer in the league this week. The extra 20 points to sit Gore which I have done all season since Bell was back, would have given me a chance with Fitz/Brown duo on MNF. Yes, was a bad day for the Texans. Foster needs to hang up the golden shoes if he hopes to walk at 40. Since it was a blow out, they should have benched him to run another day.

54so009g6vft.jpg

• txcoastal1
    I'm 4-2 in my work league. I play every year. Sleeper alert...Ted Ginn tonight for the Panthers.

Hope you are wrong

• txcoastal1
    Glad I played Lamar Miller today!

Yes he killed it....finally the 'fins are showing some excitement

• Jimbo18
    I won two of three games this weekend but lost Foster on two of them. I hope Big Ben and Dez are back to help take up some of that scoring slack.
  • txcoastal1
    LOST BELL arghhhh (hope he recovers well) got beat again low points from Woodhead and Dalton...Team in meltdown

Hope you guys fared well

• deronb1
    I lost him too in one of my leagues. Picking up D. Williams.
  • Jimbo18
    I won big with one team (Rivers, Hillman, Hopkins, Diggs, Watson, NE D/ST), should win tonight on another one with just a mediocre score (Big Ben hurt me there) and I got trounced in my third league and am already out of playoff contention there.

Hated seeing Bell go down, I am a Steelers fan.
  • txcoastal1
    I won big with one team (Rivers, Hillman, Hopkins, Diggs, Watson, NE D/ST),

Wow that would have made an awesome Daily fantasy roster

• Jimbo18
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I won big with one team (Rivers, Hillman, Hopkins, Diggs, Watson, NE D/ST),

Wow that would have made an awesome Daily fantasy roster

Yeah, my best Daily was using Eli and ODB but my TE was, unfortunately, L Green and my D/ST was Seattle. I might make a couple dollars on that one, but it won't be much.