Looking for BEEFY spikes?

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,708
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Whew! Those look nice Jesse! I am thinking the set I got from you!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    The first spikes that a pipe wrench is recommended for installation???
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • F1nut
    Good idea. If you want BEEFY spikes be sure to check out the Adona multi-element cones as well. I put a set on my HT sub....major improvement.

http://www.adonacorporation.com/tweaks.html

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Jesse

Have you dealt with still point spikes?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2015
    I used Adona spikes for my Adona themed rack that I built a few years ago, they are great spikes..

kr7t1coskkzz.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2015
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    No spikes on the Minions ? My wife would steal those puppies in a heartbeat. Ya need the Evil ones and the dog too bro.

Nice rack....and spikes btw.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66
    Haha!! I bought those for my daughter and that's where she keeps them..
  • F1nut
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Jesse

No, I haven't.

I am aware that Stillpoints takes a different view than most in that they believe decoupling your speakers from the floor nets a better result. While that may be true in some cases I have not found it so. However, when it comes to monitors I have found they sound best decoupled from coupled mass loaded stands. Figure that one out.

The following is a good read on coupling/decoupling.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?4253-Understanding-Coupling-Decoupling-with-particular-reference-to-loudspeakers&p=71837&viewfull=1#post71837

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    pn85fsxneky9.jpg

Very nice B)

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    F1nut wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Jesse

No, I haven't.

I am aware that Stillpoints takes a different view than most in that they believe decoupling your speakers from the floor nets a better result. While that may be true in some cases I have not found it so. However, when it comes to monitors I have found they sound best decoupled from coupled mass loaded stands. Figure that one out.

The following is a good read on coupling/decoupling.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?4253-Understanding-Coupling-Decoupling-with-particular-reference-to-loudspeakers&p=71837&viewfull=1#post71837

This is where one shoe doesn't fit all...(application that is) example...

Russ put together a pair prototype sealed speaker. We listened to them for hour at his house (coupled) on concrete with loaded stands great bass extension and handling. The next day took them over to Skips and the bass fell apart. While we were scratching our heads and trying to better the speaker position we found the bass was running straight into the ground. We had the on Skips second floor, this location required the speakers to be decoupled to get the bass extension.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a