Aftermarket deck recommendations

I've had my eye on the Pioneer DEH-80PRS because I like the idea of time correction and auto EQ settings via a calibration disc/microphone. It also has preouts which I need.

Does anyone have experience with this deck? If not, what would be any recommendations based on the needs I've stated?
TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2015
    I don't think one can top the ability of the 80PRS for the price....that deck does it all! Budget audiophile for the car!

- Audiophile Grade Internal Components
    -Three Burr-Brown® 24-bit D/A Converters:
    -Four-Layer Circuit Board Design:
    -Full-Custom High-Capacitance Power Supply Capacitor:
    -Sound Master Clock Circuitry:
    -28-bit Binary Floating-Point DSP:
    3-Way Digital Network:
    L/R Independent 16-Band Digital Equalizer:
    Auto Time Alignment and Auto EQ:
    Pandora
    Bluetooth
    USB iPod control
    App mode
    Multi color display
    Advanced Sound Retriever
    SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
    Wired Remote Input
    Included Remote Control
    Anti-Dust Design
    Flap Face
    Detachable Face Security™
    Built-In MOSFET 50W x 4 Amplifier
    $350 retail price!

There really is not much out there much better for the money. Go for it!

I've been a fan of the Pioneer DSP decks for ages. I've had the early DEX-P1R back around 1998, two or three of the DEH-P800PRS, and the legendary DEX-P9/DEH-P9 combo. I might end up with a hidden 80PRS myself in my new Impala...I need a car soon and need a nice car system....its been awhile without good sounds.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Thanks. Pretty sure it's a done deal.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    I started with an Alpine, but upgraded to the Pioneer DEH-80PRS in my most recent car purchase/installation. The sound quality was significantly higher with the Pioneer. I did not think that would be the case, from past experience.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Kurt300 your HT LSiM system is wild and your total LSiM collection is insane! Have any extra laying around for donations? LOL?

...And yes, Alpine makes great decks...I was a diehard fan during my very early years....but Pioneer is not to be ignored. One of the last to offer a high end all-in-one DSP deck in the Stage 4 offering. The trickle down 80PRS is a great value....that deck does about all that most could want in a single DIN...and it sounds good to boot!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    WLDock wrote: »
    Kurt300 your HT LSiM system is wild and your total LSiM collection is insane! Have any extra laying around for donations? LOL?

...And yes, Alpine makes great decks...I was a diehard fan during my very early years....but Pioneer is not to be ignored. One of the last to offer a high end all-in-one DSP deck in the Stage 4 offering. The trickle down 80PRS is a great value....that deck does about all that most could want in a single DIN...and it sounds good to boot!

Walt's up, Dock? Love and insanity are sometimes closely aligned. I love the Parasound / LSiM pairing.

For the newest car, I went with DD Audio 3way speakers and amps, except for a shallow mounted additional JL sub.