Aftermarket deck recommendations

Options
I've had my eye on the Pioneer DEH-80PRS because I like the idea of time correction and auto EQ settings via a calibration disc/microphone. It also has preouts which I need.

Does anyone have experience with this deck? If not, what would be any recommendations based on the needs I've stated?
TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't think one can top the ability of the 80PRS for the price....that deck does it all! Budget audiophile for the car!

- Audiophile Grade Internal Components
    -Three Burr-Brown® 24-bit D/A Converters:
    -Four-Layer Circuit Board Design:
    -Full-Custom High-Capacitance Power Supply Capacitor:
    -Sound Master Clock Circuitry:
    -28-bit Binary Floating-Point DSP:
    3-Way Digital Network:
    L/R Independent 16-Band Digital Equalizer:
    Auto Time Alignment and Auto EQ:
    Pandora
    Bluetooth
    USB iPod control
    App mode
    Multi color display
    Advanced Sound Retriever
    SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
    Wired Remote Input
    Included Remote Control
    Anti-Dust Design
    Flap Face
    Detachable Face Security™
    Built-In MOSFET 50W x 4 Amplifier
    $350 retail price!

There really is not much out there much better for the money. Go for it!

I've been a fan of the Pioneer DSP decks for ages. I've had the early DEX-P1R back around 1998, two or three of the DEH-P800PRS, and the legendary DEX-P9/DEH-P9 combo. I might end up with a hidden 80PRS myself in my new Impala...I need a car soon and need a nice car system....its been awhile without good sounds.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Options
    Thanks. Pretty sure it's a done deal.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    I started with an Alpine, but upgraded to the Pioneer DEH-80PRS in my most recent car purchase/installation. The sound quality was significantly higher with the Pioneer. I did not think that would be the case, from past experience.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Kurt300 your HT LSiM system is wild and your total LSiM collection is insane! Have any extra laying around for donations? LOL?

...And yes, Alpine makes great decks...I was a diehard fan during my very early years....but Pioneer is not to be ignored. One of the last to offer a high end all-in-one DSP deck in the Stage 4 offering. The trickle down 80PRS is a great value....that deck does about all that most could want in a single DIN...and it sounds good to boot!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Kurt300 your HT LSiM system is wild and your total LSiM collection is insane! Have any extra laying around for donations? LOL?

...And yes, Alpine makes great decks...I was a diehard fan during my very early years....but Pioneer is not to be ignored. One of the last to offer a high end all-in-one DSP deck in the Stage 4 offering. The trickle down 80PRS is a great value....that deck does about all that most could want in a single DIN...and it sounds good to boot!

Walt's up, Dock? Love and insanity are sometimes closely aligned. I love the Parasound / LSiM pairing.

For the newest car, I went with DD Audio 3way speakers and amps, except for a shallow mounted additional JL sub.