Roku 2 only $59.99

Options
Jimbo18
Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
Only $10 off the regular price but still a good deal. Same processor as the Roku 3 now, just a different remote without the voice search or motion control.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare?utm_source=IMM&utm_medium=EML&utm_campaign=DR&utm_content=60129-2786620833960129151-

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,477
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Excellent price. I have been using (2) Roku3's now for 1-1/2 years or so & they are worth the $$$ we just bought a smart tv recently & it has all the features (i think). So i put the one from living room into spare room. Overall very happy with it..... I did away with cable bill in 2002/3. Now we just have internet & Netflix...... Im not sure what we can get for sport channels. But if i cant get football & hockey this fall we may go back to cable. Wife n i enjoy football... & wife n daughter love hockey. So this fall we will be-or should i say wife will be researching options-as she is better with tv stuff
    Randy/Maine
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Excellent price. I have been using (2) Roku3's now for 1-1/2 years or so & they are worth the $$$ we just bought a smart tv recently & it has all the features (i think). So i put the one from living room into spare room. Overall very happy with it..... I did away with cable bill in 2002/3. Now we just have internet & Netflix...... Im not sure what we can get for sport channels. But if i cant get football & hockey this fall we may go back to cable. Wife n i enjoy football... & wife n daughter love hockey. So this fall we will be-or should i say wife will be researching options-as she is better with tv stuff

I dropped cable TV about 2 years ago and miss ESPN and the NFL channel the most. Other than that, an antenna gets me most of what I want, in conjunction with Netflix, of course.

SlingTV will get you ESPN for $20/mo. and I thought about getting that for football season and then dropping it.

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    Options
    If it wasn't for sports, I would have dropped cable/Directv years ago. I take it in the **** every month.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    krabby5 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for sports, I would have dropped cable/Directv years ago. I take it in the **** every month.

Same brother. It's football, baseball and hockey that keep my cable sub alive. That and HBO series to be honest, but that's really all I watch that would require cable these days. Talk about a pain in the wallet.....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,983
    Options
    hbo go and sling with espn 1 and 2 would only run you $35 total a month (plus internet of course). the main reason I stay is because the bundle keeps the internet cheaper, adding in the extra cost of stand alone internet makes the savings negligible, at least for now...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,477
    Options
    I was paying around 50 bucks monthly on internet & i went over the 300gb w/Netflix & daughter streaming music so i got 2 months of overage 20.00 fee's on each bill. I ordered cable & it will be here Monday. So instead of 50+20overage charges. I will pay around 76.00 for cable & 300gb. & we will keep Netflix. It should have some sport channels & more to select from so we arent using the streaming as much. I think the wifey n daughter will get some use of it
    Randy/Maine