Lost my best friend today

pitdogg2
pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
edited June 2015 in The Clubhouse
Today has been rough to say the least. When you look up to see my avatar she was very giving for the past ten years. She was one of my smartest and yet one of the dumbest dogs I ever had. About a month ago I took her in to get normal yearly shots and wammo 4 seizures in the vets office right in front of him long story short perfect health but something in her head went bad. after 500$ in blood work I stopped and said ENOUGH nothing is going to stop what is happening, and I can't afford 300.00 a month in anti-seizure med's that may or may not work in 3 months. Vet agreed and I had to walk out with my dog knowing what I had to do. One last trip to the farm to chase ground hogs and yes she got one:) I was very happy for her and then the deed was done there she will stay with my other dogs I have had to put down over the years and hopefully they will show her the way.... o:)

bad bad day :'(

I guess she will live on on this place

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I got a bit choked up reading that... Heartfelt sympathies my friend. May there be groundhogs in heaven waiting for her arrival, and hopefully they harbor no grudges B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    That's tough man. Every day is a blessing with my 14yo.
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Sorry for your loss, it's obvious he was loved & lived well.
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    My condolences.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Sorry to hear that as it's always a hard thing to do. But her last day was a good one.

Roger
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sorry for your Loss, Glad she was a special friend to you! but that makes it even tougher. We feel your loss and thanks for sharing.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    Very sorry for your loss. She was loved and had a good life and a good owner and I hope she rests in peace on her next journey!
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Nothing I can say will help. I know all to well your pain.
    I couldn't imagine my life without a 4 legged friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss

Bill
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Sorry to hear bud. It's hard for sure. It's the most difficult when you see them close their eyes for the last time. We lost two loved furry ones in March back to back. You'll never stop missing them.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Sorry for your loss.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Very sad. Lost our poodles, a standard and a mini-me toy, last year close together. They were 19+ yo rescues that we got at around 2 and were SO loved by the family since they literally grew up with our kids. Had to "assist" with the standard's death. That was really tough. Then had to explain to my mom with advanced dementia several times daily about their deaths.

One positive: very soon afterward, we talked fondly of their companionship and idiosyncrasies, and laughed at old pictures. This was a blessing as it prepared the kids for my mom's death shortly thereafter. But I was surprised how quickly they recovered from the dogs' absence. The mini goldendoodle we have now is completely smothered in love when they come home from school, hehe.

So, I'm hoping it gets easier for you very quickly too, @pitdogg2 .
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Sorry to hear Ivan.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    Sorry for your loss...but she has now crossed over the Rainbow Bridge to doggie paradise and is romping around like a puppy. It's never easy but memories will keep you laughing & smiling.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Sorry here also, I had to do it twice (both were beloved older dogs). They really become part our families. Remember the good times.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited June 2015
    Dude sorry to hear about your best friend, take her down yourself or did you go back to the vet? I'm 52 outlived a quite a few dogs be it during my childhood with my dogs and my parents dogs that usually hung with me and my brother. Then to include the dogs I've owned on my own.

Most of the dogs we have had to put down are all buried by the lake where we always hung out a few are buried up at our hunting shack also near a big lake. I also have two in urns they were my wife's and she was attached to them it was hard to put them down for her. We currently have 5 dogs was out playing with them a little bit ago, it saddens me to hear of your loss
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Sad day when we loose a friend. Prayers out to ya
    Randy/Maine
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    so sorry for your loss. I have 4 furry buddies and each is like a member of family and each with their own personality too. Sad day but no more suffering. Always a tough call!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Sorry for your loss. The good memories of her you'll have for a lifetime.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    That's tough to read. Truly sorry for your loss.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    rainbow1.jpg
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Sorry for your loss man. Thoughts are with you.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    Thanks guys and Cathy for all the well wishes and Mikey that is the best thanks
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Very sort for your loss. Our pets are like family members. I had 2 of our dogs get back in the woods playing as they did every morning and a deer hunter shot both of them. I spent over $1,000.00 on the one that was still alive but he didn't make it.

Got a German Shepard and an Australian Shepard now and needless to say they aren't allowed in the woods without one of us with them.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    Sorry bro that hunter might of shot his last quarry if it were mine....there is no call for that.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    So sorry for your loss. I had to put one down recently and I can't quite write about it yet. They're such buddies, such a part of the family.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Sory to hear that. I remember when I lost my goldie of 17 years. That dog lasted longer then a few girlfriends and a marrage I had!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 812
    edited June 2015
    Sorry to hear the news. I've always had dogs, and they add so much to our lives. The only issue is that we usually out live them all.

Here's a pic of Jez the wonder dog....14 and a half when she passed in 2009. Great dog. Took several years to adopt another. We added a dog from the local county jail dogs program to our family a couple years ago.

Later on, wished we had done it sooner...

My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    I am sure this experience has brought so many emotions for you........but hopefully the prevailing one is the overwhelming love that you gave and felt. We had to put down our 16 year old Jack Russell Terrier last winter and I can tell you it effected me in more ways than I could possibly imagine. We got her the week after we were married. It was just last month that my wife and I could hang the picture that my sister got of her in memoriam. I still have tears when I think about her or if something reminds me of her. They are children to us in every sense of the word and provide unconditional and constant love. We had the vet come to our house and euthanize Zoe in her bed and buried her in the back yard with a granite plaque bearing her image, name and a poem. Every time I mow the lawn, I take special care around that area to free it of weeds and make sure the plants and flowers are especially groomed. It is my small tribute to her.

Its completely devastating to lose your friend and I wish that words could make it feel better for you. The only thing I can say is judging by your best she was as lucky to have you and you were to have her. I wish you peace in this sad time.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Pit, just saw this. So sorry for your loss.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/