LSIM Home Theater

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Ok so I was just checking out the line and I noticed there is not a high end offering or a matching Sub for the LSIM's. Did I miss something?
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    Options
    You don't want subs from polk anyway. Try other brands that specialize in making subs like SVS
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    There are still some MicroPro 3000s floating around in the retail market at cut price, but it's not a current model in Polk's lineup. The MicroPro 4000 didn't seem to last long in the market place either. People could get more subwoofer for the money elsewhere. I wouldn't try to match an LSiM system with any of the current Polk subwoofers when there are other choices like SVS, Definitive, Velodyne, etc.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    +1 Get one of the above mentioned subs and be done with it. Timbre matching isn't an issue.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • btown1985
    btown1985 Posts: 113
    Options
    Not sure why that is either? I have an old Definitive Supercube and it plays nice with the M's
    LSiM 705 and 706c, Def Tech Supercube I, Anthem AVM20 Processor, Oppo BDP-105D, Adcom GFA-5503, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M, Panamax Elite 15PFi
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    I think Polk realized they should just let the big boys do the big subs and focus on midrange subs and wireless at that.

I don't see any point in NOT doing DIY or buying from an Internet direct dealer at this point. Especially if you have LSiMs.

Small subs are cool but ONLY if they are cost effective.

Do I want a micropro 3k or a PSA sub? Hmmmm...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I bought a micro pro off amazon, and was an awesome little sub for the size. And a gorgeous little cube too. I returned it a week later and scooped up a svs sb ultra for not too much more. The only sub I every really like from Polk were the dsw series subs. But no contest with Internet direct companies. The micro pro may be the only sub worthy of pairing with lsim line.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    The MicroPro are amazing speakers for their size, but they did carry quite a hefty price tag. I still miss my MP2k, especially now that I am running the Mini X. That thing would've helped tremendously while keeping a very, very small footprint.

@ZLTFUL ....... someones calling your name........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    Options
    I don't see why Polk can't make a killer LSIM matching Subwoofer
    Dan
  • btown1985
    btown1985 Posts: 113
    Options
    Always wondered about svs subs...I'll have to check them out when I go .2 someday
    LSiM 705 and 706c, Def Tech Supercube I, Anthem AVM20 Processor, Oppo BDP-105D, Adcom GFA-5503, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M, Panamax Elite 15PFi
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Doubt I will get rid of my MP2K for the exact reasons @DSkip states he misses his. If I end up going with higher end bookies, it will come in handy.

I am a huge proponent of the DIY or internet direct sub options. Too many god options to pigeon-hole yourself into hoping Polk will pull some magic out of their hat at this point in the game.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mantis
    Options
    Back in the old days , I felt Polk subs where pretty damn good for their respected price points. Think about the PSW1200 , the PSW650 and even the PSW350 and 450.
    Dan