Why not post a video of your setup

Options
Well it doesn't seem as if we have a "System Showcase" anymore so I thought it would be interesting to see some video of your all's setups. I know many of you have gear that is much, much nicer than mine but, I'll go ahead and post a video of my budget system in action :smiley: I realize that listening to the gear through compressed formats and computer speakers doesn't have the same effect, but, in any case share if you wish.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8PBZjPMUYk
Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant

Comments

• Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Options
    Very nice!!
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    Thats a great idea, I should do one !
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    Thats a great idea, I should do one !
    Just include some hotties in your video, ok....

• recoveryone
    Options
    Here are is a couple I have done over the years:

This one is of my youngest daughter room
    http://youtu.be/majjDU9ytjo

2ch rig in living room
    http://youtu.be/CZD4msw1Qeo
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Video ??

Rick88....that's your cue my man. Where's the video of the **** doing Jingle Bells ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here you go (SQ Box, Benchmark DAC, Parasound amp, Harbeth 7es-3 speaks):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLgl2P_stsc
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Video, at least in my case, would be pointless. Mine looks about the same whether it's on or off; playing or not... unless a reel to reel deck is spinnin'...

15256338064_3bf36bba8f_b.jpgReVox WHRB Dead aircheck by mhardy6647, on Flickr

a fairly long exposure shows blurring of the reels at 7-1/2 ips...

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Some nice gear above. I like the "idea" here but the practicality leaves something to be desired? Audio quality of most video is usually a bad indicator of what a system actually sounds like, and most videos are either "static" shots, or a bad use of Orson Welles' Long take/Deep Focus technique?

Not sure what would improve this, but I guess there are all kinds of pseudo-effects, pans, aspects, etc. in whatever video editor anyone on a PC is using. Remember, American audiences universally dislike the long static shot.

In most cases, stills, as mhardy provides, would prove sufficient for viewing.

And I'm using a decent set of cans here as well as a good audio card.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    Here's an entertaining video of an... interesting... audio component :- )
    Interestingly, the "mainlined" line-level audio from the component to the computer actually sounds pretty good...

http://youtu.be/WJ0-kUeGF88
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Some nice gear above. I like the "idea" here but the practicality leaves something to be desired? Audio quality of most video is usually a bad indicator of what a system actually sounds like, and most videos are either "static" shots, or a bad use of Orson Welles' Long take/Deep Focus technique?

Not sure what would improve this, but I guess there are all kinds of pseudo-effects, pans, aspects, etc. in whatever video editor anyone on a PC is using. Remember, American audiences universally dislike the long static shot.

In most cases, stills, as mhardy provides, would prove sufficient for viewing.

And I'm using a decent set of cans here as well as a good audio card.

cnh

Always a critic in the bunch. I enjoy watching the videos of the setups posted here as well as many others I have found on youtube. Audio quality can very greatly but I think one can tell a little about the system/room from what they are hearing. This is just a chance to share a little to those who happen to care. It doesn't need to be anything special, but if someone wants to up the ante then by all means. I would love to see it.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Why not post video of your system ?

In short....because we have some crazy ****'s here. Wouldn't be long before it turned Youtube-ish and we see video of CNH in his shorts....University approved shorts as it may be....no thanks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Nice setup Steve. I like simple understated elegance. The music is great I really like the soulful voice of Sarah McLachlan.

Thank you. The vid is a bit outdated, I now have an SVS sub helping the Harbeths below 35Hz, and use an Oppo BDP-103 for playing my flac files via usb hard drive.

Next upgrade will be a Benchmark DAC2 D.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    My budget system. Onkyo integrated, fluance bookies, hapurs WiFi music streamer, diy stands and cheap ofc speaker cable.
    https://youtu.be/FMDAukZfKvM
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    RF 7's sweet , love em.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • cnh
    edited April 2015
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Why not post video of your system ?

In short....because we have some crazy ****'s here. Wouldn't be long before it turned Youtube-ish and we see video of CNH in his shorts....University approved shorts as it may be....no thanks.

Old post, but hey, I don't look bad in shorts, you know! But we won't be seeing any of that because I'm still working on bringing my left calf muscle up to the same size as the right (16 1/2"), it's been over two years now since I ripped through the left Achilles and had it sewn back, but there is more work to be done. Calf muscles are just starting to come back, and I've taken to wearing a 2 1/2 lbs ankle weight on that foot throughout the day the last month or so to MAKE sure that I'm NOT favoring the right leg which I believe is causing the continuing imbalance.

You boys would be "lucky" to look like old cnh at his age! lol I have those olive oil genes that don't "wrinkle" (baby soft skin)! lol

• cnh
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My budget system. Onkyo integrated, fluance bookies, hapurs WiFi music streamer, diy stands and cheap ofc speaker cable.
    https://youtu.be/FMDAukZfKvM

You did well. Those Fluance sound decent. I've heard the SX-6 and had them for a while out of curiosity. Your place also looks great. Something I can't say.

When I was a Grad Student I visited the apartment of one of my Profs. He stored his vast library in a few bookshelves and lots and lots and lots of large brown shopping bags, on the floors of almost every room, that were "indexed"-he was NOT married! lol Ah, intellectuals and their decorating skills.

If I'm not mistaken the famous Thorstein Veblen used to let his dishes pile up in his bathtub for a few weeks until he ran out and just HOSED them all down! He probably also lived in one of those early NYC apartments that actually had the bathtub in the kitchen area?

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here is a pre current system video. Maybe after Axpona I'll have one of my current system with Carl and Dan dancing with the strippers..... That be Dipole Dan, not Indiana Dan. ;)

Jay, Axpona soon!

https://youtu.be/WLaGoC2A2tE
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Your pre current system is still going strong, Rich. B)
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    One of my past times, is searching YT for video of higher end rigs.
    The problem is, finding videos where the camera recording it, can do the system justice.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Doing the system justice isn't the point. Just sharing a glimpse of our experience...room, lighting, gear etc. The recordings do offer some information regarding the sound of gear and room acoustics. Watching videos of high performance cars doesn't give an accurate representation of driving the thing either, but I still enjoy watching because it offers a glimpse of what the experience may feel like.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    obieone wrote: »
    One of my past times, is searching YT for video of higher end rigs.
    The problem is, finding videos where the camera recording it, can do the system justice.

No recording can do a system justice. That's why I just can't get excited about a video of a system. I do like to see the setup, but the performance of the system isn't worth the effort.

Bah Humbug Skip, I'm enjoying the posts. Is it real world, nah, but it's fun. I like my desk top rig and I have heard worse at shows
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your pre current system is still going strong, Rich. B)

That is good news to hear! Fred helped me with the right path to match the capacitance in the active crossover bass amp with the panel amp. To make room for the active board, they removed either two or four of the big caps. It had required different boards and placement, but it sure helped.

I just use the camera mic to record.

When you move around with the camera, you show your entire system, wire management, acoustic treatments, etc. The videos can be educational and informative even with poor sound quality.

I had recorded a tracking video to show how an air bearing arm can track a badly warped record with great results. I got a comment about how I should have done a better audio track. That would kind of be cheating, changing the audio portion of a tracking video?

https://youtu.be/YYD9CIWJELc
    You've spent a large amount on that arm to end up uploading it to a very low quality compressed video and recorded it from the camera mics.no good!
    Do it again.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'll get to making a video around the weekend. Here's a few pics of my second theater since moving back to the USA.

20xzu57drivw.jpg
    nuohn5om2p56.jpg
    casz9mjwcew9.jpg
    s8yjx4xdfm8f.jpg
    jtnchkaeh3qo.jpg
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Options
    Seating and riser

c00gjc3mno9n.jpg
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    Options
    This video is loud, and you can't really see much (except my one cat), but I had the SDA's singing on Sunday afternoon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRuhnLvDc2E

Hafler DH-110 pre, Adcom GFA-545 amp, old Denon CDP, original SDA 2's (3 woofers, two tweeters per cab) with upgraded crossovers and RDO tweeters (only running 1 tweeter per cab).
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited April 2015
    Options
    [/quote]Old post, but hey, I don't look bad in shorts, you know! But we won't be seeing any of that because I'm still working on bringing my left calf muscle up to the same size as the right (16 1/2"), it's been over two years now since I ripped through the left Achilles and had it sewn back, but there is more work to be done. Calf muscles are just starting to come back, and I've taken to wearing a 2 1/2 lbs ankle weight on that foot throughout the day the last month or so to MAKE sure that I'm NOT favoring the right leg which I believe is causing the continuing imbalance. [/quote]

Bad news my friend. I had the same injury and, in spite of serious workouts at the gym for 5/12 years, the calf with the repaired achilles is still an inch smaller. The good news is the pain and soreness is gone.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • cnh
    edited April 2015
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    Old post, but hey, I don't look bad in shorts, you know! But we won't be seeing any of that because I'm still working on bringing my left calf muscle up to the same size as the right (16 1/2"), it's been over two years now since I ripped through the left Achilles and had it sewn back, but there is more work to be done. Calf muscles are just starting to come back, and I've taken to wearing a 2 1/2 lbs ankle weight on that foot throughout the day the last month or so to MAKE sure that I'm NOT favoring the right leg which I believe is causing the continuing imbalance. [/quote]

Bad news my friend. I had the same injury and, in spite of serious workouts at the gym for 5/12 years, the calf with the repaired achilles is still an inch smaller. The good news is the pain and soreness is gone.[/quote]

Sorry to hijack thread, but. Calf muscles are notoriously "difficult" to bulk up to begin with so I'm not surprised. The other thing to remember is that my good leg has actually increased almost an 1" in size, probably because I have been compensating with it for over two years. My right calf has NEVER been this size my entire life so in reality there should only be a 1/2" difference between the two. But I have seen about a 1/2" increase in size (in the bad leg) the last 6-8 months (finally some roundness and a bit of an increase in strength but not enough). This correlates with heavy leg press work and deadlifts-I've found HEAVY weight bearing exercises rather than lots of volume and reps have been best in forcing growth/strength here. BTW, I NEVER had pain and soreness, just a little weakness on that side depending on shoes worn and the need to warm up. Why were you sore, and pain from what? Even the day after the surgery I only took pain meds for a day or two. Didn't really feel much. Tendon stiffness, yes, it takes a couple of years for that tendon to become more flexible.

The real question I have for you is: in that 5.5 year period have you been able to get the strength levels the same? I have a hard time doing a FULL calf raise (body weight only) on the bad side, while there is no problem in bouncing up and down on the other leg. Best I can figure, I was not sewn up "properly", range of motion is different on both legs. The damaged side is NOT as TIGHT as the other side.

On another note. I have an elderly retired colleague who had the same injury a couple of decades ago. I see him in the gym and his legs are almost exactly the same size. Perhaps a 1/4" to less than a 1/2" difference-it's very hard to tell you have to look and look and look-it's not easy to see. So TIME, and I mean LOTS of time perhaps even twice yours, may be necessary. I honestly saw NO growth whatsoever in the first two years, and only now am I seeing some and some increase in strength.

Fingers crossed and never say never.

To Noah above. Vid is a bit dark but sound is pretty good!
    Post edited by cnh on

• jeremymarcinko
    edited July 2015
    Options
    New video of the Emotiva xpa-1 gen2's
    (try not to get to excited) :) Used my phone to record so the quality is just ehh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJ2znU45bM
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    LOL. Like being at a drive-in. Add a back seat for completeness. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options