Freaky Songs on the SDA's

Options
Got any freaky cool songs you listen to on the SDA's (or any other speaker) ????? I keep playing (just got) this song from
Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach
Track 4 Mountain Jam (33:38)
It sounds so cool & thought id share. If you have some Cool Tunes what are they ?
Randy/Maine

Comments

• leftwinger57
    Options
    I forgot who asked what to bring when auditioning SDAs .My choices were and I'm old school. Sticky Fingers, the separation and recording is excellent, Sailing to Philadelphia by Mark Knopfler for production value and just a fantastic album and for insanity Electric Lady Land and Axis Bold As love for the cross phasing and when played at volume sounds unbelievable. Yes these are full albums but for one song Gimme Shelter doe it for me.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Bonnie Raitt, "Hear Me Lord", from Silver Linings.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    Options
    When listening to Heartbeat City by the Cars... it starts off with a electronically constructed seagull sound that starts over in the front left area and then flys/flaps past you out to the rear right.... that's a tad cool/freaky. The rest of the song is just Cars electronica signature stuff.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • bigaltx24
    bigaltx24 Posts: 141
    Options
    Lately I've been listening to Absentia by Porcupine Tree. The recording and production are both top notch and there's a lot of cool effects that SDAs do very well.
    Denon PMA-900V
    Linn Axis with Grado Red
    Cambridge Azur 650C
    Polk SDA-1BTL
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And the gods made love.... from Electric Ladyland (Hendrix). This "song" will amaze you, IMO.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Mr_Hz wrote: »
    When listening to Heartbeat City by the Cars... it starts off with a electronically constructed seagull sound that starts over in the front left area and then flys/flaps past you out to the rear right.... that's a tad cool/freaky. The rest of the song is just Cars electronica signature stuff.

I think Pink Floyd...More does the same thing.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Abacab...Genesis
    Hey 19....Steely Dan

Two of my favs on SDA
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    There's a VERY LONG THREAD about such material somewhere in the archives here. One of the old timers should dig it up and maybe we can make it a "sticky" as it represents YEARS of opinions and selections!

Since the search engine here, S U C K S, we need someone who can remember the original thread title "word for word"!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • stogie
    stogie Posts: 230
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
    Speaker Cables, Jumpers & Interconnect: DIY Douglas Connection
    Power Amp: Sunfire Architect's Choice Series II
    Preamp: Adcom GFP-750
    SACD/CD: Oppo BDP-95
    Tuner: Sansui TU-717
    TT: Technics SL-MA1
    Phono Pre: Emotiva XPS-1
    Music Server: Mac Mini w/JRiver - iPad w/JRemote
    DAC: Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus
    Other Polks: SDA: 1A, 1C, 2B, CRS+ / Monitor: 10A, 5jr, 4 / RT5
  • cnh
    Options
    stogie wrote: »

That does seem to be the thread. Good work! Now how to "sticky" it and continue to build on it?

• stogie
    stogie Posts: 230
    Options
    Under "Vintage Speakers" it is listed as an "Announcement"- second item from the top. Not sure if that's what "sticky" means.
    Speakers: Polk SDA-SRS xovers rebuilt by David, RDO194's, Dynamat, BH5, glued magnets, new cloth, custom aluminum terminal plates with Cardas posts and Speakon interconnect
    Speaker Cables, Jumpers & Interconnect: DIY Douglas Connection
    Power Amp: Sunfire Architect's Choice Series II
    Preamp: Adcom GFP-750
    SACD/CD: Oppo BDP-95
    Tuner: Sansui TU-717
    TT: Technics SL-MA1
    Phono Pre: Emotiva XPS-1
    Music Server: Mac Mini w/JRiver - iPad w/JRemote
    DAC: Eastern Electric MiniMax Plus
    Other Polks: SDA: 1A, 1C, 2B, CRS+ / Monitor: 10A, 5jr, 4 / RT5
  • cnh
    Options
    stogie wrote: »
    Under "Vintage Speakers" it is listed as an "Announcement"- second item from the top. Not sure if that's what "sticky" means.

Well then our work here is done. In fact, it wasn't even necessary since it's been a sticky all along! Just goes to show that some of us are still not used to the new site, nor perhaps kept up with changes in it.