PS Audio network bridge

I have recently purchased this network bridge for my PS Audio Perfectwave Dac. I am using JRiver 16 software, but I cannot get the dac to play via the network bridge. The dac plays fine via all other inputs.

When I open the JRiver software, it does recognize the dac, but when I try to do anything, I get an error message that states :smile: " There was a problem controlling the selected DNLA device" Can anyone help me out with this problem?
Main Rig:
Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    your computer would need a driver loaded up to see the DAC, for Jriver to use it. not sure how this Bridge works.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Get that on ebay as there are lots of Germans who love PS Audio and they pay top dollar over there from conversations I have had with them.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited January 2015
    So you have the bridge hardwired to your router via ethernet cable? And running Jriver on a hardwired computer? Does the bridge have a static IP address that you assigned it or is it set for DHCP to just assign one randomly? Also, are you using any kind of remote to control JRiver or are you doing it from the computer it's running on?
    Post edited by dragon1952 on
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    So you have the bridge hardwired to your router via ethernet cable? And running Jriver on a hardwired computer? Does the bridge have a static IP address that you assigned it or is it set for DHCP to just assign one randomly? Also, are you using any kind of remote to control JRiver or are you doing it from the computer it's running on?

Dragon.... I do have the bridge hardwired to the router via ethernet and jriver is running on a hardwired computer. However, the bridge is set for DHCP to just assign an IP address. No remote for jriver, running it from the computer. Thanks for any input you can give
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• dhart86
    PFB....thanks, if I can't get this figured out easily, I just may put it on ebay
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• dragon1952
    Go to 'Tools', select 'Options', then select 'Media Network'.
    - I'm assuming you have the box checked for using Media Network to enable DLNA
    and under Add or Config DLNA servers you have selected the PS Audio PerfectWave
    - Under 'Advanced' you should have all 3 DLNA check boxes checked and it shows a TCP port
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dhart86
    Dragon I will be checking those settings later today.......I just noticed your signature and we've got some of the same (2 ch) flavor cooking!

I have the Parasound A21--PS audio PWD--and EE minimax pre. With the pre..I go back and forth between the EE minimax pre and a Rogue Audio 99 mag.

The minimax is killer! Question: Do you notice a real upgrade in sound quality using the PWD bridge over the usb input?
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• polkfarmboy
    When using the ps mk1 there was a huge diff when using the bridge compaired to usb but I used the transport and burned files onto cd. With the mk2 it "bridged" the gap in performance so now its just a matter of convenience.
  • polkfarmboy
    No I never used anything like that for comparison. Shortly after my first or second? bridge I began taking them out and selling them as I held onto a highly modded transport. I dont have a whole lot of music downloaded or really put streaming music through the bridge. I used logitech via coax as it was not important for me to maximize those types of streaming services as it was more for casual listening.
  • dragon1952
    edited January 2015
    "Question: Do you notice a real upgrade in sound quality using the PWD bridge over the usb input? "

The bridge pretty much killed any other input. The bridge gives you the digital lens plus the network connection is going to be way better than any USB. The only issue with the bridge is the intermittent DLNA disconnects and it doesn't do gapless which sucks......but SQ-wise I think it's the way to go.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited January 2015
    Before the mk2 the only thing that had the genesis was the bridge. With the genesis lens inside the mk2 the usb sounded great with a platinum starlight. I would take your opinion over mine though Dragon as we had a conversation when you just got yours and you already knew more about it in the first week than I did in a year.

The is2 port though is not to be counted out and if I was a pc user I would get that is2 card for outputting my audio that way. I'm so old school as if I dont have disks I feel I dont own nothing.
  • dragon1952
    I was assuming he had the MK1 I guess. If he does have the MKII then you get the double lens when using the bridge (assuming you have the correct option selected). Also, with the USB you have the quality and length of the USB cable to worry about....not so much with the ethernet.