frustrated

I am trying to talk to someone about the cost of a replacement woofer for a polk RTIA1 speaker , I Emailed customer service 3 times with no response !!! tried calling the 800 number 3 times !!! sat on hold each time for 45 min and hung up no answer! getting a little upset with polk !!! each time i email polk i get a automated response with a case number first was Case Number - 00016564 Case Open Date - 1/5/2015 second time Case Number - 00017183 Case Open Date - 1/7/2015 third time Case Number - 00017604 Case Open Date - 1/9/2015 no response from anyone

I just want to listen to my music ! and the speakers woofer is making a horrible buzzing sound at just about every volume level swapped the left speaker to right still does it so i know it is the speaker ! can someone tell me what a replacement woofer will cost i want to get it ordered but i can not get through on the phone
crank it till your ears bleed

Comments

• Hello,
    I'm sorry to read of your problem and frustration, I know Polk's CS department is handling an unusually high number of customer related phone calls and email messages. If you can send me, in a PM, your name, address, telephone number, date and place of speaker purchase and the speaker's serial number I'll deliver this information directly to Polk's CS guys (I'm going there today) and ask them to send you a replacement woofer.
    Regards, Ken
  • kquail
    kquail Posts: 35
    I am at work right now and can not get serial number till after 5pm eastern time today, i don't believe they are under warranty, i purchased them used at a local stereo shop they were traded in, i had them for about a year as of now but i am not sure how old they are but i will send the info asap in a PM
  • Hello,
    You are correct they would not be eligible for a warranty replacement, however Club Polk members do receive a reduced price and help with shipping. Try telephoning 1-800-377-7655 extension 5208 and explain you are a CP member.
    Regards, Ken
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Looks like Ken is takin' care of you. Ken's the man!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kquail
    Thank you Ken i will call and thanks for the info on CP pricing i did not know that
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    kquail wrote: »
    I just want to listen to my music ! and the speakers woofer is making a horrible buzzing sound at just about every volume level
    Polk has few equals when it comes to CS, I am sure they will fix you up.

Something to think about though - once you replace the woofer, maybe think about changing what's in your sig? Not necessarily what's written, but the mindset behind it.
    Just my humble opinion on preventing further damage! lol

Good luck!

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • kquail
    i know i got crank it till your ears bleed- but this system is not the system i crank ,i listen to lp's 70's and 80's disco , pop, rock, motown ,never metal ,it is not what damaged the speaker, i play in a band i am the drummer and we play metal, that is what the signature is for ,we have about a 10,000 watt rig for that so i can see why you posted that ,,I just wanted to clear that up
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    You'd be amazed at how many people have come here complaining about blown stuff, and wonder how it happened.

It's all good, but thanks for the clarification.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/