American Sniper

Options
Just saw this tonight with my son. Great film. The theater was sold out. After it was over and everyone was filing out, it was dead silent. I mean you could hear a pin drop. Reverence and reflection for a fallen hero. Eastwood stikes again. A must see.

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Same exact thing at the theater where I saw it tonight. Dead silence as a packed house filed out.

Extremely well done and I agree, a must see.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,058
    Options
    I saw it Friday night. Sold out too. At the end, in our theater, a former soldier (at least he sure looked like one) stood up and saluted. Other soldiers stood and did the same. Then one started clapping and the whole crowd broke out in applause. Then it was dead silent as everybody left. Very powerful.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,168
    Options
    Thanks guys, I can'y wait till it hits the Family Video here!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,972
    Options
    I saw the previews and it looks good. I wonder if Clint is doing something w the profits to help those vets who need it...
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I saw the previews and it looks good. I wonder if Clint is doing something w the profits to help those vets who need it...

That is a good question. My guess would be yes. There are some real wounded warriers in a couple of scenes.

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    So the main character dies at the end and everyone leaves the theater reflecting? Thanks for ruining the movie if thats the case lol.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Chris Kyle's death was all over the news for weeks when it happened. The ending of the movie is what it is.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,182
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So the main character dies at the end and everyone leaves the theater reflecting? Thanks for ruining the movie if thats the case lol.

As a veteran, I find your comments not only offensive, but so disrespectful to a fallen brother that I cannot post here what I really want to say.

CPO Christopher Scott Kyle was not and is NOT a character that dies at the end, He was(and is) a legendary U.S.Navy SEAL that died doing what he always did, looking out for his fellow Soldier, Sailor or Marine. He was a man of honor, and worthy of more respect than a flippant remark such as yours.

“Chris Kyle was the public face of an anonymous breed of American warrior who are handed the hardest missions and assume the largest risks. Chris was among the very best at what he did, and he saved countless American lives in the process. Our state and our nation suffered a profound loss with his passing."
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Relax, I am talking about a movie with a plot that I now know the ending to.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No... you are talking about a life that came to a tragic and sudden end. The kind of life that knew only sacrifice for his fellow soldier... The kind of life that most of us would never seek for ourselves, but should be forever grateful to those that choose to do the hard things, even impossible things, so we can breath free.

I watched CPO Kyle's funeral live on the TV, and shed a few tears as his brothers slapped his coffin, embedding their Tridents deep into it's shell.

When I saw the film, I ENTERED the theater with my head bowed because I get IT... by the end of the this moving tribute, so did everybody else.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Thanks guys, I can'y wait till it hits the Family Video here!!

See this film in the theaters, It is worth the admission, and will give you far more than you walked into the theater with.

• PSOVLSK
    Options
    Relax, I am talking about a movie with a plot that I now know the ending to.

WOW.

This is your most ignorant post ever and we all know that's saying something.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    All I know about this movie before reading this thread is that its a sniper movie?
    Sometimes I think you guys have serious issues and are looking for an outlet and this being case and point.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I guess it just escapes me how an American cannot have even the most basic knowledge of the Chris Kyle story. I'm not obsessed with it and actually have a very limited knowledge of it myself, but to not even know who he was is just unbelievable to me.

The bad part is that you act like it's a fictional movie when it's really much more than that. Maybe you don't mean it this way, but it comes across as though him dying is less important than you now knowing the "end of a movie."

To use the words "plot" and "main character" just seems extremely disrespectful.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    For you PFB...

Get your learn on before you really pizz me off today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow, come in seeking movie info and I do say movie info and some former soldier goes off on another American. The drama on this site is so ridiculous... no wonder I disappeared for a couple years.
    p.s. I'm a retired Canadian Military and because the thread was about a movie, I thought the comment from PFB was acceptable. Of course now someone will say something derogatory about Canada! Oh the drama...

But thanks for the info and background info on the story and the soldier that it is about. Very sad to hear.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    Hey PFB, spoiler alert. If you haven't already watched the movie JFK... John F. Kennedy gets killed in it.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No problem whatsoever with Canada or Canadiens in general, ehh :D;) . This is NOT another fictional Hollywood blockbuster taking place on Pandora. This is an autobiographical film of a modern American Hero, on the battlefields of Iraq and Afganistan . It may as well be a documentary of what this man went through, and what he accomplished.

As a military vet yourself, I am somewhat surprised that you do not get where I am coming from. Thankfully, there are more than a few here who do.

• PSOVLSK
    Options
    I just read through all the post before PFB and no one ever mentions that he dies. All anyone said is that it was dead silent and reverent when everyone was leaving.

PFB is being typical PFB. Note the "lol" at the end of his first post.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2015
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I just read through all the post before PFB and no one ever mentions that he dies. All anyone said is that it was dead silent and reverent when everyone was leaving.

PFB is being typical PFB. Note the "lol" at the end of his first post.
    The "LOL" is what set me off as well.

• polkfarmboy
    Options

The bad part is that you act like it's a fictional movie when it's really much more than that. Maybe you don't mean it this way, but it comes across as though him dying is less important than you now knowing the "end of a movie."

To use the words "plot" and "main character" just seems extremely disrespectful.

Well when I posted and used the words plot thats because I thought it was just another dumb military movie to make the war machine look cool and act as a recruiting tool for young guys who play call of duty on xbox lol.

Well apparently its a true story and Johns really pished off lol.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Hey PFB, spoiler alert. If you haven't already watched the movie JFK... John F. Kennedy gets killed in it.

And let's not overlook "Titanic"... the ship SINKS. Or "Pearl Harbor"... yep, those pesky Japanese bombed it.

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Really, you think the drama on THIS site is ridiculous? I'm a member on several forums online, this one is BY FAR the most tame. And compared to the rest of the internet...yeah we're a tame bunch. Did you also 'disappear' from the internet as well??? :smiley:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2015
    Options

Well when I posted and used the words plot thats because I thought it was just another dumb military movie to make the war machine look cool and act as a recruiting tool for young guys who play call of duty on xbox lol.

Well apparently its a true story and Johns really pished off lol.

OMG...

You really don't know when to just walk away from the keyboard, do you?

Tis better to say nothing and be THOUGHT a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

You sir are the definition of FOOL.

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Options
    As a military vet yourself, I am somewhat surprised that you do not get where I am coming from. Thankfully, there are more than a few here who do.

I totally understand where you are coming from and if I do go to the theater to see it I am sure I will be one of the people saluting or bowing in remembrance.

All I was stating is that for me or others that do not know the plot, story, outcome or anything I thought you jumped pretty hard for his comment.

After I read your full comments on the person and movie I do understand why you reacted to his comment and why you wrote what you wrote.

Have a good one.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    <Salute>

• polkfarmboy
    Options
    Gfong its refreshing to get an unbiased take on my post, there is so many negative drama diva's on here and its a shame. No wonder no one comes here as the rude comments just take away all the fun, at least for me as some people really that kind of thing.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    ...there is so many negative drama diva's on here...

Says the drama queen of CP.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,972
    Options
    Thanks for ruining the ending everyone....I had no idea about the story. Again, I hope some resources go to vets, especially since this is based on a real story, which is the important thing here.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,138
    edited January 2015
    Options
    drama diva's

Wow isn't that the pot calling the kettle black

You are the biggest "Dog ate my homework" on the forum

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a