Amp & SDA1c's ?

2»

Comments

• voltz wrote: »
    I wrote (oc123) ray, and he wrote me back that he was out of the MC-100b's and it would be about 6 + weeks to get them in. and that here in a few days he has a new one coming out. Its like the MC-30l but with a new face plate and a meter, I'm not sure if the meter will be on the front plate of top like a rogue amp... I do not know the spec's of the new one but when it comes out I'm sure he will list it or your could email him.

Also the MC-100b is super heavy, think it has to be like 70lbs or so.

I am placing my order for one of the new models on Friday. It is basically the MC-30L with a vu meter.g9jj1t5yhc51.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited December 2014
    Hey SR!
    I tried to look it up but didn't see one on eBay. He normally will sell only 1 at a time and then after the sell is complete he will listed another.
    Does it have a Remote? I like the looks and I think the mc-30L is 50wpc,but not sure.
    Hey it has a headphone jack :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • He has not listed it yet as he just recently had pictures taken of it. This was in his words a crappy cell phone pic so I could see it. He had them add the vu meter to the front of a MC-30L for him. This version comes with 6KA7's and 6J1's. You are correct in that is a headphone jack and it does come with the remote as its just a more vintage looking MC-30L. 50 watts in ultralinear and 25 I think in triode mode. I figure I can try it for a bit and if its lacking in low end I can turn it and throw a little more money in and pick up the 100-B. I just have money burning a hole in my pocket and if I do not spend it now something will break and steal it from my entertainment budget.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Simplyrandom, What speakers are you going to have hooked to that amp?
  • Simplyrandom
    Simplyrandom Posts: 119
    edited December 2014
    Monitor 10a's and I may dust off my Dynaco A25's as I hear they love tubes.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Just hooked my 10a's to the mc100-b tubes. Will have time to do some listening tonight.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    I had an Anthem Amp1 with some SDA 1C's and it was a beautiful sounding combination.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050