Streaming Tidal to Squeezebox Touch

How are people streaming Tidal on their squeezeboxen? I've been using ickstream, but depending on how you start the playlist (from the screen, phone or PC), you can play 1, 200 or 50 songs from a playlist, but you cannot play an entire playlist.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to get a Tidal stream going that can run indefinitely.
--
7.1: LSIc, LSI-9 L/R, F/X1000 SL/SR, RM101 BL/BR, PSW 650 SW
Onkyo TX-929
Parasound HCA-1206

2-channel: Parasound P5, Odyssey Kismet, Vandersteen 3A Signature, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I don't know of any other options. You can't just pick a new album or playlist from your phone when the first one stops?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • When I'm working, I prefer to have a huge playlist on random. I don't mind interacting with the music when I'm in listening mode, but having the music stop is very disruptive when I'm in the flow.
    --
    Onkyo TX-929
    Parasound HCA-1206

2-channel: Parasound P5, Odyssey Kismet, Vandersteen 3A Signature, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Am I understanding this right ? You can't make your own playlist and have it run in it's entirety with Tidal ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • The problem isn't with Tidal. The problem lies with ickstream, which seems to be the only way to stream Tidal on the SBT at the moment.
    --
    Onkyo TX-929
    Parasound HCA-1206

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You can't simply download Tidal on your 'puter and have the SBT recognize it ? If so, then it maybe time to move on to another streamer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Not sure what you mean. Tidal isn't an application that you install; it's an online streaming service. They do provide an API, which is what ickstream is using to integrate. It's just that ickstream has done a poor job of the integration. I suppose I could write my own app, but I'd rather spend my time browsing the web :-)

I was hoping maybe there was another SBT app that supports Tidal I missed, or some trick to how to access ickstream to get it to play the whole list.
    --
    Onkyo TX-929
    Parasound HCA-1206

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    payneinthe wrote: »
    I was hoping maybe there was another SBT app that supports Tidal I missed, or some trick to how to access ickstream to get it to play the whole list.

Doubtful unless someone like you wrote it. Logitech stopped supporting the Squeezebox line so if someone wants something they've gotta figure out how to get it to work on the squeezebox which may be too much of a pain to justify...

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tidal claims to be compatible with SB on the bottom of their homepage, but I haven't found further info directing how to use it on my SB3.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable