I would like to take a poll on how many of you would like this!!!!!

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
OK here it goes,
You walk into a store where Polk lives,and the salesman knows everything about polk, history,performance, spec's, what mates well and what don't.He tends to YOUR need's like "sir what kind of music do you listen to","do you plan on theater and music in the same room?","Would you like tohave music all over your house with easy control from every room?","Would you like me to design you a system that would fit your budget,needs?",How about a 2 channel setup not connected or connected to the main system?","did you know that you can buy 1 CD player and use it all over the house?"
these are just the beginning of what could be.You could go into the store and have a smile on your face when you leave, a place where you can get facts not made up I think so's.
These store's have Installer's who know there product's and can help you even further over and above the salesman,help you further down the road for future upgrades.Talk to you about controling all this maddness you just bought.
Control is another big factor if not the biggest factor in a system.What about factory trained employee's ????
This may seem like a dream store and your thinking that this store don't exist!!!RIGHT??
But it will, and with or without polk,this is what more and more people at all level's are going to enjoy.You don't need ton's of cash to build a system of your dream's.If it is spec'd out correctly,you would be suprised in the value.
HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD RATHER SHOP IN A PLACE LIKE THIS THEN WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW????
i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!!
DAN
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    Options
    No Polks, but outside of that...

I already shop in a place like you describe

Carlin Audio in Dayton, Ohio
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Those are the places I frequent. Of course if I'm feeling like a good laugh I'll stop by CC or BB's speaker department. One of these days I'll take a trip down to Soundex. The place looks pimpin'.

Aaron
  • peekobi
    peekobi Posts: 58
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Dean,
    where are they located in Dayton? I travel to Dayton from Cinti once a week. I cannot seem to find them (Carlin) on the net. Do you have their address?
    Thanks,
    peekobi
    Reciever Onkyo TX-SR708

Center - polkaudio CS245I
    Mains -- polkaudio RT600I's
    Sides -- polkaudio RT35's
    Rears -- polkaudio RT25I's
    Sub ---- polkaudio PSW-350

TV: Panasonic TC-P50GT30 HDTV
    Blu-Ray Player Panasonic DMP-BDT215

Common sense ain't that common!:loneranger:
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2002
    Options
    You forgot to include a few details in this scenario. Are the prices and deals as good as CC or will I pay more than 10% more? Will I ever see 60% off list on an open box? If I get the speakers home and someone touches the tweeters or pokes a hole in them can I take it back and get a full refund? If the overall price is higher than CC then will I still have the option of going around the corner to get a lower price at a CC or would they still carry them as well?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i always buy where i get a good deal on my speakers that is y i go to abc warehouse they have a recomended price and a low price and if you buy from a sals person he will give a good price a little over invoice if you buy from him/her and keep comeing back i bought my entire ht setup from him exept the speaker wire and i got alot off it i got my 787 for 720 and my velo 120 for 350 i just like to get the most for my money i work so hard for hat i get and the beter the price the beter sysitem i can get