need recs for tv rig.....

Options
Looking for some recommendations for a TV rig consisting of a powered sound bar and universal player. Let's say a max budget of $1000.00 and very user friendly.
If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    http://m.zvoxaudio.com/divinity-cart/item/4005701/zvox-audio-soundbase.570/1.html

This Zvox we have one and it trumps any sound bar I have ever had by a country mile 70 watt amp built in sub and a sub out in you want to add a powered sub down the line a optical cable is all you need. This baby gets loud we play Blu Ray concerts and stream music it has great sound. I would then get a Oppo 103 a d your set. I'm assuming you already have the tv as you did say rig. The best thing is your tv sits on top of the Zvox saves space and looks nice.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    Thanks gudnoyez, but I have a wall mounted 70" TV so I'm really looking for a larger sound bar system.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited December 2014
    Options
    http://m.zvoxaudio.com/divinity-cart/item/4007701/zvox-audio-soundbase.770/1.html

Then get this monster you don't have to sit your tv on top this would look sexy underneath your 70 inch wall mounted set better yet this one has 125 watt class D amp built in this one will rock the house, you owe it to yourself to demo one before you settle oon a sound bar this one will sound the best. We have the 555 model and consider it one of our better purchases, after demoing sound bar systems this one was the winner the wife had to have it. I forgot to mention the sound phase technology it disperses sounds to your sides and rears of the viewing area thier version of the SDA effect, check it out if you demo one it will put a smile on your face for sure.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    For a soundbar, I did some reading, and this seemed to be the best bang for the buck around the $200 range:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRF9V2O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so I ended up with one for my "soon" to be started gaming room. I haven't unboxed it yet, so unfortunately can't comment personally on the sound quality. I suspect gudnoyez's recommendation may sound better, and would certainly be easier to hide since the TV sits on it.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"