It's the what did you get with your friends and family code thread?

Options

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Libertyc wrote: »
    I ordered an Omni P1 and a pair or Ultrafocus 8000s.

I so wanted the LSIM703s or even the 705s but need other things more important...

Like food?

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    Options
    Yup food and heating oil.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Decided to jump on some Ultrafocus 8000 even though they don't work well with Android and with shipping and tax they cost about the same amount that I could buy QC15's for. But many reviews say that their sound quality is better than the QC15's so it will be nice to try out and possibly have a reference set of headphones to compare others to.

Thanks Polk. I hope this type of discount continues in the future. This is still more of an impulse buy for me, and I would not have bought them without the discount. So thank you.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Ultrafocus 8000s and Ultrafit 3000s for the GF.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I thought about the 3000's but it gets mixed reviews online. It's hard to tell since reviews can be very subjective. Here's one review of the larger ANC headphones that I thought was informative. Not a lot of info, but his opinions seem to correlate with what other reviews I have read, and that is that the sound quality is excellent. He mentions the 8000's around 6:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDPVryZ773w
  • dromunds
    Options
    The 3000s will be miles above what my girlfriend uses now (Lol). I'm looking forward to the 8000's for myself, as I haven't had any cans since a nice pair of Sennheisers a thousand lifetimes ago.... BTW, I need a desk and shelf unit like that guy in the video has...
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    I'm going to order today 2 pairs of the Ultrafocus 8000's (one for me and one for a gift), and then a pair of Rtia7's. I can use them eventually in the poker room I'm planning, and wouldn't need a separate amp to drive them. What a frickin steal; thanks Polk!!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • jflail2
    Options
    Speaking of, does anyone have any thoughts on this sub?:

http://www.polkaudio.com/dsw-pro-550-wi/d/1109C3261

I'm currently running a Mirage 8" sub, and wouldn't mind something with a little more oomph.

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited December 2014
    Options
    And got a set of Ultrafocus 8000's and a pair of Atrium 8 sdi's to replace the ones i am selling with the house
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    I just ordered a sound bar and a pair of the 8000 headphones. I really just want the sound bar to play with, don't know which room it will end up in.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    "Thanks for your order with Polk Audio!"
    I got a conformation! (baby steps :) )
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Food and heating oil is overrated.
    I'll use heat from the amps and AV receiver to keep warm.

Wife saying no to 707s however…
    Libertyc wrote: »
    Yup food and heating oil.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I was thinking of grabbing RTiA7s and a CSiA6, but the A6s are OOS. Does that mean I'm SOL?
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Speaking of, does anyone have any thoughts on this sub?:

http://www.polkaudio.com/dsw-pro-550-wi/d/1109C3261

I'm currently running a Mirage 8" sub, and wouldn't mind something with a little more oomph.

I absolutely love the DSWPRO550wi subs! In fact, I think they are the cream of the Polk subs crop. I previously had a DSWPRO500 which I really liked too and erroneously got rid of to make room for a DSWMicroPRO2000 and a DSWMicroPRO3000 later.

Well, I got rid of both of the MP series subs and I now have the 550wi's in both of my 5.1 systems (one fronted by SDA-1Cs and a CS400i and the other by Monitor 10s and a CS400i) and they continue to constantly impress for both HT and music (2.1) use. However, I rarely use the one in my SDA-1C fronted system when listening to music, preferring the 2.0 sound of just the SDAs. B)

I have not used the wireless feature so I can't comment on that.

• jflail2
    Options
    Excellent, great to hear Teekay. Very good, b/c I went ahead and threw one in as well. Only 1 pair of the Ultrafocus 8000's, but that'll do. Thanks again Polk, that was an awesome gesture.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Hey Terry how goes It? Helping people out take advantage of the code are you way to go. I for one am waiting to see some pics of those 1Cs you scored do us the favor why dontcha! Looks like a lot of goodies are on the way to those who participated.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Farkenhostile
    Options
    I've always wanted to get the CSI A6 center channel speaker to go along with my RTI A9's, RTA 10's, fxi a6's and DSW PRO 660 wi sub, I've been using a using a TSX-150c.

I just couldn't really see myself spending $400 to upgrade over the TSX-150c.... until now! Thank you Polk for the 50% off code!

I imagine this CSI A6 being a better match to the rest of the speakers will sound awesome so I cant wait.
  • gudnoyez
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Got home from hunting and my FXIA6' s were on the front porch that was fast thanks Polk for the awesome deal and thanks to Ken for the heads up.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Yeah I placed my order on Tuesday, got the shipped email yesterday and the speakers showed up today.
  • jflail2
    Options
    Man, they didn't waste anytime. Ordered late Friday night and my goods were waiting at the door when I went home for lunch today.

Already loooove the 3000's. More comfortable than the AT's I was using previously at work, and I think the NC works a bit better with the 3000's as well. Still breaking them in, but I'm already liking the sound better.

Sub gets hooked up tonight after work, to much rejoicing.

Thanks again Polk. What a nice gesture.

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    So my LSIM's are being shipped to my new home for when I get there.... I got the Atrium 8 SDI's and the UltraFocus 8000's today.... the 8000's are very nice for sure and I will/can get used to them... I tried the 6000's and gave them away.... don't like things in my ears and even though the 6000's were more comfortable than most.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got a it's shipped notice! It's in Gods hands now!
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    I got my 8000s today and must say that I really am enjoying them so far. Very smooth bass response was the first thing that caught my ear.

You also don't realize how much ambient noise is in your room until you switch it on while on your head and the resulting blackness that comes over you is apparent. My projector, my fridge, and heater all get blanked out with the circuitry kicked in.

Cool stuff.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Well it sounds like a lot of us made out like bandits, for those that posted about what they got with their friends and family code enjoy the newest addition to your collection.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• jflail2
    Options

You also don't realize how much ambient noise is in your room until you switch it on while on your head and the resulting blackness that comes over you is apparent. My projector, my fridge, and heater all get blanked out with the circuitry kicked in.

Cool stuff.

Yessir. NC cans keep me sane at work. I can't hear a thing around me when my music is playing through the 8000's, and I have 2 people that are within 4 feet of my desk. Great success.

• dromunds
    Options
    Came home today to a box with the 8000's and 3000's in it. Won't have time to listen to the 8000's tonight but I just got the email that they shipped the day before yesterday. Thank again to Polk for the great gesture and pleasant transaction!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Woot! the 703's are in the house :D
    Polk is cool B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I really wanted to get a pair of LSiM703s with my 50% off code, but I couldn't afford it. :(

Oh well, there's always next year...
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Looks like they got restocked. I see the CSi A6 is back in stock. Bummer for me. :'(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I really wanted to get a pair of LSiM707s with my 50% off code, but I couldn't afford it. :'(
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I really wanted to get a pair of LSiM703s with my 50% off code, but I couldn't afford it. :(

Oh well, there's always next year...