Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Steelers cleaned the Ravens clock....nothing more needs be said.....
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I wasn't a big fan of the anthem by Chris Botti before the game, that song is supposed to elicit feelings of pride and courage not be the backdrop for a Kenny G tune. I got no issue with Botti and like a lot of the stuff he's done, but that was out of place for our national anthem.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    EmBEARassing. Chicago needs to clean house from top down....and when I mean top, it starts with the CEO and GM. We were supposed to have a good offense-on paper-and a decent D. It all starts at the top folks....look at the Patriots and Steelers as model organizations.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'm still not sold on Kaepernick. I'll admit that was a great play on that 4th down yesterday, but I'd rather that play not be necessary to begin with.

The 49ers started the game so well yesterday with the running game, but with Kaepernick I guess they feel like they have to throw the ball around more and bad **** seems to happen when they do that. If they're going to throw that much they should at least run some passing drills in practice so their guys can learn how to catch the ball.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I'm still not sold on Kaepernick. I'll admit that was a great play on that 4th down yesterday, but I'd rather that play not be necessary to begin with.

The 49ers started the game so well yesterday with the running game, but with Kaepernick I guess they feel like they have to throw the ball around more and bad **** seems to happen when they do that. If they're going to throw that much they should at least run some passing drills in practice so their guys can learn how to catch the ball.
    I think the jury is still out if trading Alex Smith was the way to go. I know they went to the Super Bowl a couple years ago, but I dunno.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Ok, I'm officially tired of watching Russell Wilson run all over the damn field uncontested, teams either need to start putting a guy on him or somebody needs to pop him a couple times.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'm one game away from putting a fork in my Broncos, what a pitiful showing today against the Rams of all teams (the Rams are a good team but this ain't exactly New England in January).

This game isn't a fluke either, they laid an egg in New England and it took a miracle run by Anderson last week to overcome a slow start against the Raiders...and then today was probably their worst game of the year.

The common factor in all these games by the way? Peyton Manning tossing multiple interceptions in each game. It's no secret I'm a Manning fan, but maybe it's time to get a look at the next guy in line...

Pathetic
  • Msabot1
    Yea...even the Bengals managed to look good against a Saints team that looked like they would rather be at a mud bug boil......
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Packers are beating the Iggles like a rented mule
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Drove to Cleveland today to watch my Browns. What a bummer it turned out to be.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    What's funny is that my Colts have had a couple of defensive minded coaches for the better part of the last 15 years or so and yet have never had a great defense, and like now most years it hasn't even been what you'd call halfway decent.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Dude, felt so embarrassed for them. Haven't seen such a beating like that in a very long time.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    The Packers look really great again this year, their achilles heel seems to be a very good defense and they often do don't that well when they come up against a team like SF or Seattle but right now it's hard to imagine anyone stopping them. SF and Seattle right now are both shells of what they were last year though, so this may be the year again for GB.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I hate it when more than one of my teams loses on the same day...ugh

And the Patriots have killed me the last two times they've taken the field, damn you Tom Brady!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Green Bay, New England Super Bowl??

As it stands now that's what I would like to see...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Packers and Badgers each score over 50 each in big wins against good teams. Even my high school won big to get to the State high school championship. Good weekend for football in the frozen tundra! And believe me, it's fricking frozen. Wind chill -3 right as this moment. Supposed to break a record low tonight. WTF???
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    tonyb wrote: »

Dude, felt so embarrassed for them. Haven't seen such a beating like that in a very long time.

Uh, Tony, the memory must really be slipping :p ......it was just seven days earlier that they THUMPED that team just down the street from you (Da Bears!) by 41 (FORTY-ONE!!) points (55 to 14).

Next up for them is my sad Vikings. If the Pack can't put a 30+ point hurt on us, they just aren't very good. I'm now officially into watching the rest of the season just to see if we can lose as many as possible to move up in the 2015 draft. Well, would like to see if Bridgewater might really have anything too...that is, if our pathetic truly-offensive line would give him a few seconds of protection just once or twice each game.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yeah well, here in Chicago we expected that beating. The Bears suck.....Cutler sucks, the staff sucks. Par for the course for a Chicago football team.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Glad to see Gordon back! After the loss last week, my Browns really need this one. Go Browns!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Yeah baby! 7-4... ugly win but I'll take it!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'll take the wins by my teams today, but New England is looking unbeatable at home and the path to the super bowl seems like it'll go thru New England. I'm looking forward to the game in Green Bay next week as a potential super bowl preview.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    You are absolutely right on track

I like the NFL has really mixed up schedules more each year with more inter-league

GB and NE are the ones to be with most well rounded teams
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Green Bay seems like an obvious pick from the NFC, but I keep forgetting that against really tough defensive teams like Seattle and San Francisco they don't usually play that well and tend not to win those games.

Maybe this year will be different, but I think if GB comes up against either of those teams, even in GB, that can put an end to their season. Granted, both those defenses are currently only a shadow of what they were last year but we'll see what happens when the playoffs roll around.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Predictable game in NY tonight, Giants still suck and somehow Dallas manages to play down to their level and barely win the game.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    God bless we won in a hostile environment. Very happy as a 'boyz fan.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Don't count my Hawks out. LOB was back and pretty healthy today spanking the 9-1 Card's. Offense seems to be getting back on track too...
  • Msabot1
    Miami at Denver turned out to be a decent game....That QB for the Texans...he couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle!!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Predictable game in NY tonight, Giants still suck and somehow Dallas manages to play down to their level and barely win the game.

No $hit...I turned it off to watch the walking dead. Looked like Dallas was flat and couldn't stop a 3rd down play to save there life. Hopefully they'll play better in 4 days against the Eagles.

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'll admit I've been critical of Richard Sherman in the past, but I absolutely loved the 'press conference' today. I get where people can take issue with it and call it immature, but I thought it was brilliant and I loved it!

Very rarely can a single act like that change my outlook on somebody, but I instantly like him now because of that.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I just tuned in to the 49ers game and wish I hadn't...geez!