WTB, Interconnects

Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
edited August 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Ok new pre should be here soon and want to upgrade old cheapo rca's, anyone got anything?? Monster, A/R etc.....

Thanks
Pauly
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2004
    How long do you need them to be?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited August 2004
    Check out www.bluejeanscable.com

I bought an IC there. It's just like the Signal Cable analog two (Beldon 89259 cable) for a little less money. Very well built. They also have some different designs that cost a little less.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    Well the pre will be on top of the amp so a foot or so should suffice
    Life without music would
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2004
    Dont know what your getting, but putting the pre right on top of the amp is not normally recommended due to the heat of the amp.

Just something to consider.

RT1
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    well yeah...amp on top...thats how it is now. Sorry amp Police ;):D

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2004
    what kind of amp? how heavy and how how much heat does it put out?

I too vote for not putting an amp on top or underneath the pre. amps are heavy and put out to much heat.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2004
    I vote for turning it on its side, and stuffing it in a small cabinet with a door ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    Adcom 535, and GTP 400 Pre
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    well i dont have much room to work with..lemme find the post of what room i have
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20766

Just replace the HK and the Tubes wiht the adcoms..not much room to play with..
    Life without music would
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2004
    Look at Signal Cable.

On the cheap, check out the twisted pair Dayton interconns at partsexpress.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2004
    yeah... if you only need a short run of interconnect. i'd go with Signal cable 2 with bullets. i have a 2ft run like that from my tuner to the amp. it sounds really good. if i remember right.. it ran me about $70
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by danger boy
    yeah... if you only need a short run of interconnect. i'd go with Signal cable 2 with bullets. i have a 2ft run like that from my tuner to the amp. it sounds really good. if i remember right.. it ran me about $70
    You can get the exact same cable at Heartlandcables for $50. Although Signal Cable has been good to this forum...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited August 2004
    I've got a .5 meter pair of Outlaw PCA's (Pure Copper Analog) that I can't use anymore because they are too short for my new setup. Retail is 44.95 shipped. I'd take 32.50 shipped. They are like new. Here's a link:
    http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/cables_about.html#

click on the 'Read More' tab
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2004
    If you are looking for cheap but OK quality I have a pair of AR cables you can have for $15 which includes shipping. Nothing special but not the el-cheapos either.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    Chuck whats the length on those A/R's? Snap me a pic?

Is that the same Outlaw that make the amp? Looking nice.

I did entertain the SC as that is what i am running on my HT. Would like to go SC all around but my wallet says no a this time (Wife too) :)

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • dragon1952
    edited August 2004
    Spas,
    Yes......same company that makes the amps. They are nice cables. I'm using a longer pair in my current system, just can't use the short pair. Someone else is interested so let me know if you're interested.
    dragon
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Pauly
    edited August 2004
    Dragon

Go ahead if someone else is interested. Got alot stuff in the works at this point and just looking for a decent fix at the moment. Will prob go with SC eventually. Thanks though

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2004
    Dragon, I'll go 30 shipped for the Outlaws, if that's doable.

Spas, the AR's have a blue jacket, and gold-plated brass connectors. Don't make a **** take a pic for $15 shipped. ;)

I want to say they sold for $30-$40/pair, shipping (and tax) not included. Like he said, not a reference cable, but a definate upgrade over stock. They are a twisted pair, shielded design.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2004
    Spas.

I have some of the AR's. They'd be OK, and that price is right. Like Russ said, they ain't xactly reference, but they're better than spaghetti.

Just my .02.

Anthony
  • madmax
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Spas, the AR's have a blue jacket, and gold-plated brass connectors. Don't make a **** take a pic for $15 shipped. ;)
    Cheers,
    Russ
    \\

No problem, here is a pic. They are 1 meter length.

• Pauly
    edited August 2004
    Ah eff Madmax i;ll take em...you still have my addy from the Sl2000 sale??? Pm me your paypal...i'll cover the fees.

Thanks
    Life without music would
  • madmax
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    Ah eff Madmax
    Thanks

Maybe the price just doubled. :D

I'll pm you my paypal address. No need to worry about any extra fees.
    madmax

• dragon1952
    edited August 2004
    Russ....I sent you a PM re: the Outlaw PCA's. If you don't have PM's enabled let me know.
  • dragon1952
    edited August 2004
    Yo Russ! Change your mind or just not paying attention!? :confused::D

Can do $30 or trade for RT10 driver if you can come across one.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2004
    I'm here, just busy, give me a day or two, and I'll work the details out.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2004
    i can make you some caBLES TO LENTH AND THEY ARE HIGH QUAILTY AND VERY CHEAP.