Another common ground question?

I am inquiring about two power amps.
Nikko alpha 220
Yamaha Mx 600
Does anyone know if either one of these are a common ground?
I don't have them, so I am not able to check them out .
Thanks.

Answers

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    If you plan on using either with SDA speakers (pin blade only models) it doesn't really matter as long as you use a Dreadnought.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Between the two amps , which one would you recommend? Both are 125 wpc into 8 ohms. If I purchase the alpha 220 , I will purchase the beta 20 preamp and replace my existing Rotel RA870BX.
  • Where can I buy the parts , and what are the costs involved to build a dreadnaught?
    Can you purchase one already constructed? And where?
    Thanks.
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    http://vr3mods.com/LCSDAUpgrade.php

I believe this has the answers to your questions.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    Download the handbook, a lot of the links in the thread no longer work.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited October 2014
    Attached is some DIY information. This works for the stock 800KVA Avel-Lindberg Transformer which you can order off the shelf, or the custom ordered 1000KVA one. In the second doc DarqueKnight should have attribution for most of it as it is clearly his work. I downloaded this info as insurance against a time when it might not be accessible via the forum. Who knew?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer