Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    but I'm starting to get worried.

Me too!

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    Me, too; and I hope this all proves to be "much ado about nothing."

Only time will tell.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited September 2014
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    headrott wrote: »
    While I absolutely see your point and agree with you .....Can you blame "them"?

To a point I can't blame "them" but when the haters come in day after day it gets a little ridiculous! Maybe the forum IS that bad. So if it is why do they come back?

I almost want to leave the forum not because of the forum but because of the haters.

gce, I must ask; why do you feel you want to leave the forum because of the "haters"? They are not "hating" you. The are "hating" the degraded/deleted forum features (including lack of the system showcase, ignore list, lack of widescreen, a background that is too bright, etc, etc.). Why would this make you want to leave? If you don't like what is being said, don't read it.

The hope of "the haters" is that by bringing up what can be improved upon within the forum, it will lead to changes making the forum a better, easier-to-use place to talk about audio and the many other subjects we Polkies talk about. Again, the "hate" is not towards you, and the discussions have already lead to a number of changes with the forum format leading to improvements. There is still more room for improvements to be made however. That is what all "the hate" is about, simply put.

Edit: This thread is proof positive that positive changes to the forum leads to "happy Polkies": http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/164017/love-the-blue#latest
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My eyes hurt just trying to read these posts.

This is not looking good. I know the looks and feel of the forum shouldn't govern the quality of the posts/content......but damn, this is really giving me a headache. And all the treasured info that now is gone? Sad. Very, very sad.

Oh, and I could care less about mobile friendly or social media friendly. Pfft.

Who's in charge now? He/She should be fired. I mean it.

Just go ahead and ban me.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Ricardo, post up a video laced with profanity...that gets you banned (ask me how I know). ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    gce, I must ask; why do you feel you want to leave the forum because of the "haters"?

No, yeah I understand nobody's hating any of the members here. I got started on this forum because of all the audio knowledge that you guys have. I've been to a lot of forums but this one is/used to be the best for that.

Hopefully in time and with all the "hating" this will get fixed and get back to what it used to be...the very best audio forum on the net!

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Ricardo, post up a video laced with profanity...that gets you banned (ask me how I know). ;)

I have it saved, funny as, well you know.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Options
    Gone, gone all gone.
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,343
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Part of the reason that folks haven't been back it that they probably don't know where the forum is. There was this 'Down for maintenance, be back soon' message when you when you went to the old address (http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/) and never anything point to the new forum's address. I thought maybe they did away with the forum. At the time I was in the middle of making a sale of a Denon cassette deck when they did this. It delayed the sale by almost 2 weeks until the buyer and I finally found the new address. (Note to self: Don't rely on PM for sales).

Now the old address just says "Page Not Found". Not to complain :) but it is customary and proper to provide the forwarding link address. It is like changing the door locks as soon as we step out of the house and it is starting to make us feel unloved.

PS: please bring back the "Vintage Polk" section and other tech info back to the Polk Audio home page.

Thanks
    Stan
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,657
    Options
    come on Stan be real. You know after a few days of that I Google'd and presto new Polk site. Just log in and get a look sometimes there is NO ONE HERE and in prime time like 5 members. Heck this morning I got on and was the only one on the site.
    Traffic is down for good reason....And its not that Patrick page.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Due to the lack of feedback from polk on our needs and wants leads to one conclusion.... They want us gone!!!! All of us high end music lovers and enthusiasts!!
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    You know, guys, I think we should quit whining about the new site and just get on with our discussions -- get on with what was substantive about this Forum and forget about the "cosmetic" issues.

That does not mean that we shouldn't continue to press Polk to restore substantive aspects of the old format that have simply been lost or omitted.

But keeping calm and carrying on will win the war, just as Sir Winston Churchill said it would in WWII.

I'm convinced that polite and consistent persistence will prevail. It may take time, but it will prevail.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    Options
    only good thing is the changed the color from awful red to OK blue
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    I'm convinced that polite and consistent persistence will prevail. It may take time, but it will prevail.

Sorry, it's not gonna happen. We're stuck with this format.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Other than the System Showcase, give me an example of what vintage speaker information is missing?
    Thanks, Ken
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,743
    edited September 2014
    Options
    There were links to vintage speaker information on the main Polk Audio site. They are no longer there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That I understand, I'll ask if that is going to be changed. I can see how that would be important, but why would that make someone hate our forum? With Polk's financial backing we built the forum from the basic framework. Okay the framework is different, some things good some other things not so good, but together we made it work. Creakily, limping from time to time, but the forum was a place semi-like minded people had a way to enjoy listening to good audio and talking about it.
    How about we decide to no longer complain about what has changed and get on with making the forum a better experience?
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Agree, it's time to move on.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    Agree, it's time to move on.

Indeed !!!
  • maximillian
    Options
    How about we decide to no longer complain about what has changed and get on with making the forum a better experience?

I agree that we should get back to using it, and I am trying. But there are some serious usability issues with the site.

The layout of each thread is such to make it difficult to read. The plethora of icons and massive signatures makes reading each thread difficult. I turned off signatures entirely but would have rather left it on. Other forums can have icons and signatures but makes differentiating each post easier. Audiokarma's forum comes to mind on how you can have huge icons and signatures but still reads quite easily. It is better reading on a tablets and smartphones, but it wasn't terrible previously.

For the previous layout the information seemed to "pop" right out at you. You could quickly see who posted, when they posted, etc. That information is there but just lumped together that it makes it hard to quickly scan. Your title of "Moderator" is more difficult to catch quickly than it used to be. Not a big deal for people who know the role you play here, but most people don't. The icons do not help to quickly identify people. Part of the problem is the default icons for people should have been NO icon, not just randomly giving people one. Again, other forums simply do this better. It's not a matter of poor eye sight as some people are providing as an excuse. It's simple layout of the information that requires hunting for the information within a thread, instead of being able to quickly scan a thread.

Then not being able to search the forum using Google is bad. Links are broken. You have effectively cut out a great means of directing traffic to this site.

There's others that people have brought up. But I will commit to stop complaining from now on. I do appreciate and thank you for your work on this forum and Polk's commitment to it.

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,107
    Options
    If I had a favorite place I liked to hang out with friends, but someone comes in and changes the entire look and feel about what I liked about the place, I'll probably stop going there.

I think most are complaining because we really want the place to be what it used to be. We want it to be about the people, but bottom line is that the appearance and functionality play a huge role in making the forum what it was.

It's kind of like when my grandparents moved into a new house after many, many years in their old one. We still had family getting together during the holidays, but it just wasn't the same.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Then not being able to search the forum using Google is bad. Links are broken. You have effectively cut out a great means of directing traffic to this site.

That has got to be one of the biggest mistakes made in my short time here. All my links I saved that had massive info I could come back to time and time again to refresh my memory. Now they are all just taking up space on my computer that goes nowhere.
    I belong to Simply Discus forum that uses vBulletin and they have all the good stuff we had for years until that last update.

I would like to know who else uses this vanilla stuff as I'd like to see how much betters that one would be.

Ken you have never answered my question in my PM or in a thread.

How do we delete our PM's? I do not need everyone I have had from the beginning of my time here.

Can we delete PM's and if so how as I have not been able to figure that one out.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Polk, myself and Vanilla are working to retrieve the Vintage Speakers information and bring it to the forum. Keep the faith.
    Yes, the Google links are broken, but this forum has a fine search function. I know that doesn't do any good for your stored links, but maybe you can create new ones?
    I'll ask about deleting PM's.
    But PSOVLSK, you still came to visit your grandparents, right?
    Maximillian, I'll forward your concerns to Vanilla.
    Thanks, Ken
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Ken I have 99% of every PM i ever sent or received even the ones I deleted loong ago. That my friend is ludicrous because none of the PM's I saved made it to the new forum.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,107
    Options
    Hello,
    But PSOVLSK, you still came to visit your grandparents, right?

They're family. I had no choice.

But much the same, I'm still here. I just don't come as often and don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I understand pitdogg2, I have quite a list myself. As soon as I have an answer, I'll post it.
    I understand PSOVLSK, I still miss the home my parents moved from when I was in the service. Probably if I went back there I'd wonder what I was missing so badly. Face it, we're sentimental about things from the past that we remember as being important.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,743
    Options
    That I understand, I'll ask if that is going to be changed. I can see how that would be important, but why would that make someone hate our forum? With Polk's financial backing we built the forum from the basic framework. Okay the framework is different, some things good some other things not so good, but together we made it work. Creakily, limping from time to time, but the forum was a place semi-like minded people had a way to enjoy listening to good audio and talking about it.

Umm...you asked the question, I answered. I didn't complain. Thanks for the speech though.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    How hard is it to edit the stylesheets and get a widescreen option (not very...even my own basic web page layout knowledge knows this)...

It's like having a 10 acre yard and only using 1 acre of it...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm told (and I have no expertise in this field) that the width of the text is at the maximum limit without causing horizontal scrolling if read on other devices. If I look at my Bank of America page I see the same ratio of text to right and left borders as I do on this page in front of me.
    I can clearly read your message and this response to it, yes there's the dark grey border to the left and the "table of contents" to the right, but I ignore that.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Once I turned off signatures, the look of each page was improved, but I find that to be a poor method of handling the feature. Signatures sprawling down a page, taking up lots of real estate is poor design. I also find the popup like/disagree buttons to be mildly annoying. Maybe its just me, but I think they should be stationary like the Flag/Quote options are.

I like bells and whistles to be available, but not intrusive.

BTW, I am consistent in this, as I dislike the popup preview that AudioKarma has turned on in vBulletin. I am forced to scroll with my mouse hovering in the right columns to disable this feature or it becomes too intrusive for me.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
This discussion has been closed.