Morrow Audio, ever tried them??

Options
http://www.morrowaudio.com/index.htm

Anyone have any experience with their cables??
Pio Elete Pro 520
Panamax 5400-EX
Sunfire TGP 5
Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
PS Audio GCPH phono pre
Sunfire CG 200 X 5
Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
OPPO BDP-83 SE
SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
Ctr CS1000p
Sur - FX1000 x 4
SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
Onkyo TX-DS898
GFA 555
Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
RTi 38's -4
RT55i's - 2
RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
LSI 15's
CSi40
PSW 404

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Interesting that you should mention these guys....I use their IC's in my rigs...no complaints...Good product...Easy company to work with also...lots of perks...very good product for the price....
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I have been thinking about trying some. Which ones do you use??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I've seriously thought about their speaker cables as I like the design/geometry. They seem a little pricey though when you realize they could be diy'ed for less. Folks over on AA seem to like them. They run a continuous sale so you may want to sign up for their emails.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Msabot1
    Options
    A good friend let me borrow some of his spare SP2's....liked them so much,I went and ordered 4 pair...these are a good value for the jack..Morrow also has a 60 day try program...as well as a trade up program...I am thinking very seriously into checking out their speaker wiring also...just haven't gotten around to it yet...soon though...
  • Msabot1
    Options
    I think I goofed...the IC's I got were MA2's....
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    PM Pearsall001. IIRC he's run them for quite some time in his rig.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mufsoman
    Options
    I have been using their MA4 IC's for about 2 years. Morrow builds some good stuff, but as drumminman mentions above, they are pricey. Check out my MIT Styleline review that I post in the "2 Channel" category. I compared the MIT's vs. Doug's vs. Morrow. Doug's Alpha IC's and my MA4's are very comparable. For the money, I would give Doug's cables a try first. I'm going to continue to use the Morrow IC's just because I've already made the investment, and I haven't come across anything to substantially de-throne them yet... I have not had the opportunity to try Morrow speaker cables yet. Currently trying figure out how to fund a full set of Doug's biwire Alpha SC's. Is it too obvious I'm a Doug fan?
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    I've been using Morrow SP7 speaker cables in my main rig for about 1.5 years.

Expensive? That's a relative judgement, but the Morrow cables are always on sale. They also have a no-risk trial period; however, you can get a better price on used Morrow cables from their site. I do not know whether the trial period applies to used cables purchased from the site.

Mike Morrow is great to work with.

I can comment only on the relative SQ of Morrow SP7s v. Cable Solutions Canare 4S11 Star Quads v. Monster raw speaker wire.

The SPs were hands down better than the others in terms of sound rendition across the full range of frequencies. They are "softer" in the high frequencies at, perhaps, the expense of some of the clarity and accuracy of rendition. However, they are not at all fatiguing, as were the Canare 4S11s -- particularly in my wife's opinion.

I used the Canare's in my secondary rig for several months, and I recently changed them out for a pair of Supra Rondo 4x2.5 cables that I made. The Supra Rondos, like the SP7s, make the higher frequencies much easier to listen to. I made the change because my wife found the Canares hard to listen to in the secondary rig; she finds the Supra Rondos to be very good.

Not a very "scientific" set of comments, but I hope they help.

Net net: I do not regret the money I spent on the SP7s, and I would recommend trying the Supra Rondo option -- DIY -- because it doesn't cost much, and it may meet your needs.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• vmaxer
    Options
    mufsoman wrote: »
    I have been using their MA4 IC's for about 2 years. Morrow builds some good stuff, but as drumminman mentions above, they are pricey. Check out my MIT Styleline review that I post in the "2 Channel" category. I compared the MIT's vs. Doug's vs. Morrow. Doug's Alpha IC's and my MA4's are very comparable. For the money, I would give Doug's cables a try first. I'm going to continue to use the Morrow IC's just because I've already made the investment, and I haven't come across anything to substantially de-throne them yet... I have not had the opportunity to try Morrow speaker cables yet. Currently trying figure out how to fund a full set of Doug's biwire Alpha SC's. Is it too obvious I'm a Doug fan?

Can you provide a link to the review, can't seem to find it??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mufsoman
    Options
    Not sure if this is the most efficient way to include a link.... The review is in the 2 Channel category under the "MIT Styleline" demo thread

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/157156/mit-styleline-cable-demo-review-round-5-usa#latest
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • Msabot1
    Options
    They are a local business....just across the river..I'm going there to check out their facility tomorrow...Mike is going to give me a super deal on some SP2's....nothing like supporting local small business....
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    They are a local business....just across the river..I'm going there to check out their facility tomorrow...Mike is going to give me a super deal on some SP2's....nothing like supporting local small business....

Let us know how it goes.

You could also arrange for a Polkie discount,,,,maybe 50% B)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Msabot1
    Options
    No kidding?? ....I'm impressed with the IC's that I am using...just the middle of the road in their line..but boy what a difference they made....
  • mufsoman
    Options
    Msabot1 - did you get the SP2 speaker cables? How do you like them?
    APC H15
    The rest is TBD.
  • Msabot1
    Options
    Yea man...have them hooked to the outputs on my MC240... Been in another world listening to things that I didn't know that were even there...concert hall sound...like re discovering my entire library...Quality products....great facility and people too...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Count my interest as peeked, how would you Morrow users rate the lower bass notes on either the MA2 or MA4's ? Airy unfatiguing highs ? Good soundstage....detailed ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • vmaxer
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Count my interest as peeked, how would you Morrow users rate the lower bass notes on either the MA2 or MA4's ? Airy unfatiguing highs ? Good soundstage....detailed ?

Mine are as well.. I think I will try some, but it will be a while, just to many things to do now.

I hope others will tell us their thoughts on them..

Thanks a lot guys.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Msabot1
    Options
    Guys...I like my bass felt rather than heard...these cables deliver..a lot depends on the equipment that you are running,but I believe these would make a K Mart system sound decent....The spectrum is just right there...and they are not even properly run in yet...The IC's made a definate difference in performance...but when coupled with the SP2's....almost like having a new system....unbelieveable sound....
  • mufsoman
    Options
    I'm on the Morrow email list and they just sent out this link for a new review posted on the Morrow site. Obviously they're not going to post mediocre or bad reviews on their site, so this is a glowing review, however just an interesting reference point.....

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.morrowaudio.com_ma5grreviews.htm&d=AAIBaQ&c=_2JymsjkoSdpgdT4DmA4bg&r=ULzffjFWZwI5TfQjl_G49j-doJHsfKuTCWn8pT3c5f4&m=-9v5RNzLbKHMqn7MKjxVARvPkLw2-lkwV2pX3tM7CSU&s=1nbt1WF9WCW0DIqSiFGMX0tw-Ge3Cr1QSjtrZs6DxL4&e
    APC H15
    The rest is TBD.