Espn Nfl2k5

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited August 2004 in Video Games
Not sure how many console gamers there are around here, but I was just curious if anyone saw this one in the stores? The price is only $20, a MUST buy if you're into football games. It's that price because they are trying to compete with Madden, which comes out very soon. This game is awesome, I must say. Anyone else buy it?
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2004
    If I had a console, I would buy it. A good friend who knows his football games says this is better than Madden. Thats saying a lot.
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2004
    The game is more than amazing. They did a good job of utilizing the XBox's 80 GB HD. They actually have 'Sports Center' every week with real game highlights. The action in the game is also much more realistic. I just got done playing a few games with my favorite team.
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2004
    How does it utilize the hard drive?
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2004
    It saves all of your kick **** plays and plays them back during halftime and 'sports center'. It does it for all the other teams too. So they're utilizing all the space that stuff takes up. Plus the stats are sooooo numerous and accurate.
  • Shizelbs
    edited August 2004
    Ah, thats pretty cool.
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited August 2004
    espn has that angle right, they started doing that a while back for their sports games...what sports gamer doesnt want to see is 85 yard half back draw on "sportscenter" heh
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • xfontanax
    xfontanax Posts: 82
    edited August 2004
    I agree, awesome game. I like the 25th anniversary mode also. In this mode, you get to replay classic situations like the immaculate reception, or 24 others. I haven't tried the LIVE version yet. Has anyone?
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by xfontanax
    I agree, awesome game. I like the 25th anniversary mode also. In this mode, you get to replay classic situations like the immaculate reception, or 24 others. I haven't tried the LIVE version yet. Has anyone?

Nope. How much does it cost per month? Is it worth it? I just started playing my XBox again.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited August 2004
    I have heard nothing but great things about 2k5.

As for the cost of Live, well 2k5 comes with a two month free card (well it should any ways), and if you go to BB or CC you can get a 12 month subscription card, a head set, and a game (Crimson Skies, Counter Strike, or Mech Assault) for 69 dollars. Well if you go and just buy the headset it is 29 dollars. So lets figure the game you get is free, so the Live subscription totals 40 dollars for the year. Plus they prorate the two months you get free, so you get 14 months of gaming for 40 dollars which equals out to 2.85 a month. Pretty cheap if you think about it.

Heck I have two XBox's both on Live. Its really that affordable. Except when you and your kids want to play the same game so you end up with two of the same game.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited August 2004
    The Nfl series is a great series and this year they seem to be more agressive in taking it to Madden but Ill get Madden for the running game and the more realistic blocking. 85 yard runs are not the norm so I dont wanna see it happening three times a game either.
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.