The new system set-up

Options
TNTsTunes
TNTsTunes Posts: 751
edited September 2014 in 2 Channel Audio
I'm setting up a 2 channel system for my Polk SDA SRS 2.3's I recently scored.

Here is my plan.

Use a Denon DCD-1500II SACD/CD player to feed a Parasound 2100 preamp using a pair of Adcom GFA-5802 in cross wired horizontally bi-amped arrangement.

The full pass outputs will each be sent to one channel on the Adcom GFA-5802(x 2) amplifier powering a low frequency speaker input. The opposite channel preamp high pass output will input power to the opposite channels high frequency speaker input. The other amp will handle the other left and right channels inputs.
The cross wiring amplifiers is done to avoid power supply oscillation under high loads.
The preamplifiers low pass output will also feed the HSU VTF-2 MK 2 subwoofer.
Incoming power is filtered and protected by two Panamax 5100 power conditioners.

Before you tell be how bi-amping is a waste, I kind of agree, but in this case the reason I'm doing it to protect the tweeters from damage caused by clipping mainly.
Done right it will help the soundstage some and I think it was recommended by Polk for the best sound results when the speakers were new.
I just like to be different....

I have some hearing damage, so I like the SL-2000 tweeters since they spike in the main area of hearing loss. I don't want upgrade tweeters or damage these.

Is anyone else using passively a bi-amp set-up? If so what/ how are you doing it?
"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Interesting... I have a stack of SL2000's should you need them. :)

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    Interesting... I have a stack of SL2000's should you need them. :)

I just scored 2 nice ones to replace the 2 crinkled looking ones in my 2.3's. I could use a nice set for my SDA-2A's that are going in the den. A few spares might be nice to have around too. ;)
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."