Just found new site - what a mess!

Options
I finally found the new site. I had been trying to locate it for the past week but kept getting the "quick upgrade, be back soon" message every time I tried to log and I figured Polk was still working on getting the new site up and running. I found this new site 2 days ago and could not log in for the past 2 days. Now that I have finally logged in and am looking around this new site, I am almost sorry that I did. This new site is awful! It is not user friendly at all and lacks all of the friendly features that made the old site such a great place to hang around and read and chat with Polkies! I hope we can go back to the old site because this just does not do it for me.

But, regardless, I am glad to have found the Polk family again! Glad to be back. I was having Club Polk withdrawals for the past week, haaa.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Welcome back. Most of us feel the same way about this childish mess. Be sure to cast your vote in the format poll.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Cant even find the poll
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Here ya go: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/163755/which-format-do-you-want/p1

Clicking "recent discussions" on the right works similar to "New Posts" from the old site.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Speedskater
    Options
    I can't find that poll.
    Heck, I can't find anything on this new mess.

The baby has been thrown away.
    Cleaning the bathwater won't help.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Options
    welcome home! Its is horrible around here as of late.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • fluffy
    fluffy Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    Options
    wut?

You can't react to your own posts.

hahaha
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I found it last week, but it looked so jumbled up and confusing I figured it was still under construction.

I'm usually able to go with the flow, but this is a bit much even for me.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    Options
    this format is horrible......way too many icons and all crammed together in the center of the screen with grayscale wallpaper surrounding it.....it looks like shite.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    Options
    OH, and I know i didn't pick some stupid pirate skull BS and don't want an avatar at all.....apparently everyone's bitching got them the ability to make the forum look like trash......yay for caving in......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    brettw22 wrote: »
    OH, and I know i didn't pick some stupid pirate skull BS and don't want an avatar at all

Hey Brett, If you chose a picture of a white square as your avatar, that sucker'd just about disappear, wouldn't it?

I'd actually like to see that...
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • F1nut
    edited September 2014
    Options
    brettw22 wrote: »
    OH, and I know i didn't pick some stupid pirate skull BS and don't want an avatar at all.....apparently everyone's bitching got them the ability to make the forum look like trash......yay for caving in......

Hmm...thought it was a one eyed b u t t p i r a t e.

So, how do you like the censorship? P i r a t e and b u t t.....really?

Ken can you please take them off the list? In fact, get rid of the list entirely as obviously there are ways around it, so it's basically worthless.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I was finally able to post for the first time today after joining in June. I had many bookmarks from the old site.

Are the bookmarks "NO GOOD" now?
    Harry
    Marietta GA
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    given that the old site URL is kaput, I'd assume that the bookmarks would be n/g.

The threads are all here AFAIK; do a search for the ones you want & bookmark the new locations.

Alternatively: Might be worth checking the Wayback Machine?

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    I'm not on here often anymore. I'm all for updates and changes when they are for the better. This new version is just cluttered and messy almost childish looking.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Options
    I'll check in from time to time to see when this gets fixed, but as of now, I'm not even going to attempt to read/post. This is just really awful, lol.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • doctor r
    Options
    I also spent a lot of time going to the old URL since I had shortcuts. Always got the "be back soon" message. Only found this site because I logged on through my wife's new laptop and went through the Polk site to the forums. No posting on the old link how to find this new set up. What's up with that Patrick? We sat together at Polkfest in Orlando, drank, and listened to music on my old Monitor 7Bs. Then you just leave me hanging. Losing faith in ya!
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    doctor r wrote: »
    I also spent a lot of time going to the old URL since I had shortcuts. Always got the "be back soon" message. Only found this site because I logged on through my wife's new laptop and went through the Polk site to the forums. No posting on the old link how to find this new set up. What's up with that Patrick? We sat together at Polkfest in Orlando, drank, and listened to music on my old Monitor 7Bs. Then you just leave me hanging. Losing faith in ya!

Don't think Patrick is around any more???
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • doctor r
    Options
    Maybe not but I thought they signed the see you soon with his name :(
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited September 2014
    Options
    doctor r wrote: »
    Maybe not but I thought they signed the see you soon with his name :(

They did in fact. Seems a bit odd??? This new forum is different, not sure if I will ever like it as much as the old one....
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nut
    Options
    Patrick left Polk a while ago, Bruno is the new IT guy.

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Bruno is smart enough to not want his name associated with it, so he left Patrick out to dry hehehe.....

jk.... or am i :neutral_face:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I have to think that I am not the only one who cannot help but think of...

SachaBaronCohen_1398857c.jpg

... actually, maybe I hope I am the only person who thinks of that Bruno : -0
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    So, tried to post a new thread in the Electronics forum, put a lot of thought into it, nothing out of line at all, preview, it looks good, hit 'submit', and get a message something to the effect of 'pending review and approval'. That was 8 hours ago!!! It's still not showing up. Really?!? I was just asking for thoughts on a receiver sale. Hope I don't miss it... What are we in Kindergarten here that EVERYTHING we say most be 'approved' before it goes live?
  • F1nut
    Options
    What are we in Kindergarten here

You mean you couldn't tell that from the layout?

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    Options
    Arghhhhhh,,, someone needs to fix this new format quick,,, please!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Lol, sorry George, your avatar cracked me up!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    So, tried to post a new thread in the Electronics forum, put a lot of thought into it, nothing out of line at all, preview, it looks good, hit 'submit', and get a message something to the effect of 'pending review and approval'. That was 8 hours ago!!! It's still not showing up. Really?!? I was just asking for thoughts on a receiver sale. Hope I don't miss it... What are we in Kindergarten here that EVERYTHING we say most be 'approved' before it goes live?

Let me test that by starting a new thread.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    It posted okay. No approval needed.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ken brydson
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    It posted okay. No approval needed.

None of mine either...