AAAAAHHHHH! MY EYES! (How to change background photo?)

Schurkey
Schurkey Posts: 2,100
edited August 2014 in Forum Testing Area
How do I get rid of the hateful background photo? Is there a way to change that image for another?

If I play with the + button, I can almost but not quite cover-up the Freak Show on the left side of the screen.

I am NOT fond of the forum "upgrade" so far. Among other things, when talking about the fasteners that hold the drivers to the front face of the cabinet, I can't use the word "screw"??? As in "wood screw" and "machine screw", or "screw hole"? Really? We're that immature here?

That's like the web site that wouldn't allow posting the word "basement" without a bunch of asterisks in the middle; because "basement" is filled with ****.
Post edited by Schurkey on

Comments

• xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited August 2014
    LMAO! Agreed on the background. I just want the center bigger, or adjustable.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Schurkey
    edited August 2014
    And now we get automatically signed-out? No distinction for the "sticky" threads at the top of the pages? Who decided that was a benefit?

I sent a complaint to Customer Service. I'll see what happens.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Just a picture test
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Okey dokey, that was simple...
  • Schurkey
    edited August 2014
    Got a reply from "Bruno".
    "You can't please everybody
    We are trying to make it easier to use.
    The background photo demonstrates one of our new products"

I asked if Polk was selling women with mental problems.

I also asked how overactive text filtering, automatic sign-out, and an offensive background photo, etc. make the site easier to use.

No real answers, yet.
  • Schurkey
    edited August 2014
    Some progress: The word "screw" is no longer banned. I asked if there were other perfectly-acceptable words that were being filtered-out; no reply yet. I guess we'll have to wait to find out if they have a reasonable filter, or just changed "screw" to the approved list.

I did have further conversation with Bruno. Apparently the auto-sign-out, and the filtered words aren't to make the site easier to use, as first claimed. The auto-sign-out is to keep hackers out. (The word filter is just for Political Correctness.)

Either I missed it the first time I saw the new Forum, or they've added the "ANNOUNCEMENT" tag to the sticky threads. Of course, "ANNOUNCEMENT" isn't appropriate because they're not announcements, but at least they're distinguished from the rest of the threads.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Plus she seems to need to shave her legs!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Well, as mentioned a resize of the window works wonders. Technology at it's finest is no good in the wrong hands. ;)
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080

Well, as mentioned a resize of the window works wonders. Technology at it's finest is no good in the wrong hands. ;)

Resize as in zoom in? I guess I could do that but it doesn't address the issue that the content ie: forum should not be second to the image. This is just poor layout design IMHO!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    image vs. content -- yeah, that train left the station a decade or more ago :-P
  • Schurkey
    edited August 2014
    Yowza. I have to change my new signature line already. No more Background Chick.

Well Done, Bruno. Thank you.
  • Schurkey
    edited August 2014
    Ken S has offered to "fix" censored words with legitimate use on this forum. If you want to send 'em to me, I'll forward--or you could contact him directly.

I'm seeing progress...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2014
    Aww, you just want to type a list of silly words. ; - )

Remember Dr. Johnny Fever... B - o - o - g - e - r!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKF8YxWWhI4
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Schurkey wrote: »
    Ken S has offered to "fix" censored words with legitimate use on this forum. If you want to send 'em to me, I'll forward--or you could contact him directly.

I'm seeing progress...

Let's see the list of what words are censored, and then we can tell which ones to remove. I would start with p i r a t e. What moron would censor that?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The morons at Vanilla. Let me tell you after looking into that company there's something seriously wrong. Products of the no child left behind....I don't know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I would start with p i r a t e. What moron would censor that?

They are probably afraid that someone is going to get called a b-u-t-t-p-i-r-a-t-e. :D