Game of Thrones fans, guess who I met . . .

While on vacation recently in Adelaide, South Australia. I'm having lunch in a winery with family and I happen to notice this familiar looking guy sitting behind me:

qaltt88jfff0.jpg

Very graciously allowed me to get a pic, and then suggested we take another to be sure we got a good one.

He was in town filming a miniseries about Gallipoli. His role is Sir Ian Hamilton, one of the most inept commanders of WWI.

And for reference:

niiv41ipn59n.jpg

"Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    That is awesome.

I've heard that he is one of the most approachable actors out there and a pretty swell guy on top of it too.

You should look up the videos on Game of Thrones outtakes with him and Peter Dinklage in the scenes. They're hilarious!

When GoT is over, I'm probably going to buy the DVD set just to get the outtakes.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    Nice! What is the name of that movie he's filming?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Cool !!! I was sorry to see him leave the game.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    xjghost wrote: »
    Nice! What is the name of that movie he's filming?

Don't know, but he was there with some of the cast and crew. Hope it will air in the states.

I was sorry to see him killed too, though I knew it was coming. If only Peter Dinklage had been there too !
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    Duh! Google is your friend! Deadline Gallipoli http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3458030/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited August 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    Duh! Google is your friend! Deadline Gallipoli http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3458030/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

There was so much incompetance in the British Army and Navy executing the Gallipoli plan that caused immense #'s of casualties and deaths. The cover up and finger pointing was so intense it wasn't until long after the war that the truth began to come out. Churchill (whose plan it was mostly) had the blame heaped upon him, while the british high command pinned medals on each other. Good plan, incredibly poor execution.

It has a good cast - should be decent.