Carouselambra.........

headrott
headrott Posts: 5,484
edited August 2014 in Music & Movies
I had the strong urge to listen to this one today. If you have not heard it recently, go play it. It's a phenominal song, and in my opinion of of Zeppelin's "10 best". It seems to me the lyrics have always been and are becoming even more applicable to our days. I cannot wait for the remastered "In Through The Outdoor" to come out. The clarity (particularly bass), detail, soundstage will be excellent and I'll enjoy this song even more. I have listed the lyrics below for your enjoyment:

LED ZEPPELIN - CAROUSELAMBRA

"Sisters of the way-side bide their time in quiet peace,
Await their place within the ring of calm;
Still stand to turn in seconds of release,
Await the call they know may never come.
In times of lightness, no intruder dared upon
To jeopardize the course, upset the run;
And all was joy and hands were raised toward the sun
As love in the halls of plenty overrun.

Still in their bliss unchallenged mighty feast,
Unending dances shadowed on the day.
Within their walls, their daunting formless keep,
Preserved their joy and kept their doubts at bay.
Faceless legions stood in readiness to weep,
Just turn a coin, bring order to the fray;
And everything is soon no sooner thought than deed,
But no one seemed to question in anyway.

How keen the storied hunter's eye prevails upon the land
To seek the unsuspecting and the weak;
And powerless the fabled sat, too smug to lift a hand
Toward the foe that threatened from the deep.
Who cares to dry the cheeks of those who saddened stand
Adrift upon a sea of futile speech?
And to fall to fate and make the 'status plan'
And no-one can remember if it's in reach

Where was your word, where did you go?
Where was your helping, where was your bow? Bow.
Dull is the armour, cold is the day.
Hard was the journey, dark was the way. Way.
I heard the word; I couldn't stay. Oh.
I couldn't stand it another day, another day,
Another day, another day.

Touched by the timely coming,
Roused from the keeper's sleep,
Release the grip, throw down the key.

Held now within the knowing,
Rest now within the peace.
Take of the fruit, but guard the seed.

They had to stay!

Held now within the knowing,
Rest now within the beat.
Take of the fruit, but guard the seed..."
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
Post edited by headrott on

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    edited August 2014
    In Through The Out Door was dissed by some when it came out, but it had some real pearls. In addition to Carouselambra, that album had I'm Gonna Crawl, another of Zep's top-shelf blues songs, and In The Evening, among others.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2014
    that and Presence are my favorites from the mighty ZEP
  • DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    edited August 2014
    I've always liked that song too. This album (and Presence) in particular need an update. Looking forward to the remasters.
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
    Oppo BDP-103
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    dromunds wrote: »
    In Through The Out Door was dissed by some when it came out, but it had some real pearls. In addition to Carouselambra, that album had I'm Gonna Crawl, another of Zep's top-shelf blues songs, and In The Evening, among others.

It was "dissed" by some Don. I remember reading a review saying that Carouselambra "was Zeppelin's attempt at disco". Haha! What a rediculous statement. I enjoy every song on the album, and let's not forget "All My Love" too. :smile:
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    that and Presence are my favorites from the mighty ZEP

Presence is also great! Another top 10 Zeppelin song is "Achilles Last Stand"!
    DForeman wrote: »
    I've always liked that song too. This album (and Presence) in particular need an update. Looking forward to the remasters.

It'll be great having all the Zeppelin CD's remastered and be able to listen to them with significantly higher audio quality. Glad you like the song too!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2014
    "In Through The Outdoor" is excellent, one of my all time favorites.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited August 2014
    Don't forget "A Fool In The Rain", a totally righteous shuffle with a latin middle section.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    edited August 2014
    I think "All My Love" was written by Plant after the death of his child a year or two before this album came out.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited August 2014
    Look up "melancholy" in the dictionary, and they reference "I'm Gonna Crawl". Or could.
    Sal Palooza
  • bthogan
    bthogan Posts: 151
    edited September 2014
    Love the track. Very much a product of the band's circumstances at the time...Bonham and Page were more or less MIA due to bad lifestyle choices, Plant was industrious due to recently forgoing those choices, and John Paul Jones was teaching himself to use synthesizers. And industrious as always, having never made very bad lifestyle choices.

btw hasn't been remastered? I thought my version was remastered (just not a very good remaster)...Good news, sort of.

also, love the Relayer sig.
    Marantz CD6004
    Adcom GFP-750
    McCormack DNA-1
    Polk LSi9s
    Signal Cable ICs
    Blue Jeans cables