wlmdx Posts: 14
edited July 2004 in Troubleshooting
Hi, newbie here. Here is my setup:

Amp:Yamaha Rx-v2400
DVD:Denon 2200
Main:Rti 10
Center: csi5
Surround: Fxi3

I set these up as 2 channel music with no sub for now,will set it up as 5.1 later on. I replaced the original jumpers with DIY Monster cable jumbers for the rti10s. Is it matter which posts I connect to? top or bottom? After listening to these speakers for about 2 hours last night I was shocked that there is no bass (or very little bass). I touched the drivers and felt they have very little vibration. I turned the bass and treble to the max. on the amp with no help. Bass Management on my DVD player is "on". Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by wlmdx on

Comments

• Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited July 2004
    Make sure your receiver's front speakers are set to "large" and not "small" so the receiver isnt sending all the bass information to the sub. (do you have a sub?)

And if you have the metal jumpers between the 2 sets of input terminals on the speakers, then it does not matter which set that you have them connected to.
    -Eric
    -Polk Audio
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2004
    turn the bass management on your dvd player to off
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2004
    Hello,
    Here's another thing to check; take one of the speaker wire pairs and reverse the positive and negative. In other words in order to check correct speaker wiring polarity, reverse the positive and negative connections on one of the speakers. Leave the other speaker connected as you now have it.
    Regards, Ken
  • train
    train Posts: 3
    edited July 2004
    Make sure subwoofer mode is off> and if its not, the crossover in the yamaha will block out the bass to your fronts. Also make sure your speakers are in PHASE.