Opinions regarding Fluance speakers?

Options
Pastor Bill
Pastor Bill Posts: 130
edited July 2014 in Speakers
Any opinions on this canadian brand speaker? So far, reviews have been mixed on Axiom...am curious as to the board's opinion on Fluance.
Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

NAD 7140, Fried Model Qs, Pioneer PD-4700
Post edited by Pastor Bill on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited July 2014
    Options
    White van speakers in my book....junk.

Whats the budget and for what purpose ? Your area has some Polk sda 1.2's for 800 and Kef 900's for 900.

...or are you still just looking for bookies ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I haven't heard the top end Fluance, which price wise is like entry level Polk towers.

However. For a little over $100, on sale, the Fluance SX6s are actually OK. Compared to the A. Jones Pioneer bookies, they are a little hotter up top, and many may not like that. No doubt Andrew has a smoother crossover network in his speakers.

But the Fluance can pound for a cheap speaker. I've heard the towers in that series are nothing special.

If you're going to go cheap. Go with the Pioneers. I have no doubt that the floorstanders should trounce the equivalent Fluance versions, because as far as reviews, I've only seen the Fluance bookies above get good ones!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Fluance towers got a decent write up in Sound and Vision FWIW.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bought some used towers a few years ago and couldn't get rid of them quick enough.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Probably get more responses if you changed the word "Fluance" in the thread title to "Flatulence".
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Well paired up with emotiva amplification is these really perform how they should. Lots of usefull info on how to set them up over on AVS forum.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Doing some remodeling on the house, so I did the same with the HT setup and the 2 ch in the living room. here is a video of the HT, with new Fronts, Fluance Reference XL8F and a new 8tb NAS

https://youtu.be/xFIH7WuJk4A
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Very nice! I had the bookshelf version of those for a few years and I really enjoyed them. I recall them being very clear, detailed and balanced. Kinda have a vintage Polk Monitor sound I thought.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant