Couple new pics of the HT and Landing............

Options
Sherardp
Sherardp Posts: 8,038
edited July 2014 in The Clubhouse
Just wanted to post a couple pics of the new HT and Landing since I moved. I relocated from Japan and brought most of my gear back minus speakers. I did bring my dual SVS subs though. Most of my old stuff sold before I left as I had guys wanting the speakers due to shipping a new pair to Japan.

Take a look .
Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
Post edited by Sherardp on

Comments

• Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    For some reason I could not get the pics to load in order, basically pics of the HT and Landing, plus some of the screened porch where I use a Sonos Play 1.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Very nice!!

Thanks bro. I'm going to have to sort the pics out so it's a tad better organized.

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Looks beautiful! Welcome back! I hope to one day have a dedicated HT room in my house.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Love your seating. I love the idea of that platform to raise your rear seats. Is that something you bought or did you have to build it?

I have a question about your center channel. When you watch a movie, do people's voices sound like they are coming from the screen or the floor? (because of the distance between the speaker and screen) I recently switched center speakers and had to do some adjusting to get the voices to sound like they were no longer coming from below the screen.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Looking good :cool:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Love your seating. I love the idea of that platform to raise your rear seats. Is that something you bought or did you have to build it?

I have a question about your center channel. When you watch a movie, do people's voices sound like they are coming from the screen or the floor? (because of the distance between the speaker and screen) I recently switched center speakers and had to do some adjusting to get the voices to sound like they were no longer coming from below the screen.

That riser was built by Grimster ( a Polkie here) and myself. We were able to build it in a day. The shelving in the media closet was done by myself.

As for the center it sounds as if it comes from the screen, very transparent. I'm using a Pio SC77 as a pre so that thing has a ton of features. The stand allows me to aim the center directly center of the second row, which is ideal in my setup with a seating of 5. Screen is 120" Carada Criterion btw.

Good to be home, now to get on some of these speaker demos I missed out on while in Japan.

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sherardp wrote: »
    That riser was built by Grimster ( a Polkie here) and myself. We were able to build it in a day. The shelving in the media closet was done by myself.

Turned out beautiful. Love your dining room ceiling too.
    The stand allows me to aim the center directly center of the second row, which is ideal in my setup with a seating of 5.

That was exactly my problem. I originally didn't have room to tilt it up enough because the size of the larger center on my shelf. But got it all worked out.

Looks like the only thing you are lacking is a popcorn machine! Wouldn't you just love to get buttery fingerprints all over those nice seats!?!
  • Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Turned out beautiful. Love your dining room ceiling too.

That was exactly my problem. I originally didn't have room to tilt it up enough because the size of the larger center on my shelf. But got it all worked out.

Looks like the only thing you are lacking is a popcorn machine! Wouldn't you just love to get buttery fingerprints all over those nice seats!?!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Popcorn machine is on the way. Ordered it a couple days ago. I sold my other one before leaving Japan. New one should arrive tomorrow.

• xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Options
    95.5 miles to Clover..... Road trip!?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Party at your place!

looking good bro.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Zeros
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Wait, you and Grim were building this and didn't invite me? I'm disappointed. :(
  • Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bro I grew up out there in Hville. I was just out there last week.

• Zeros
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You should come back for this year's Polkfest.
  • xjghost
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Bro I grew up out there in Hville. I was just out there last week.

Small world. Let me know the next time you are in town and if you have time I'll buy you a beer at my local watering hole and we can chat about music and speakers and what ever else comes up! I was in Kentucky last week on my yearly vacation wheeling.

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Very nice! Man you work FAST! Seems like just yesterday that you were moving into that house!

Enjoy!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • quicksilvergts
    quicksilvergts Posts: 274
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Impressive sir!!
    in due time I will have a similar setup.
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
    your BOLD enough to make it happen"
  • Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Zeros wrote: »
    You should come back for this year's Polkfest.

Where is it ? Perhaps I can show up.

• Zeros
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Where is it ? Perhaps I can show up.

Up here in the Philadelphia area. You can bring Rob (Grimster) too.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Very tastefully done, and i was wondering same thing about the center being so far down.

welcome home.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited July 2014
    Options
    美しい
    I bow to google translate.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Japanese with the Chinese character for "beautiful" as the first word, what follows is probably some of that amusing system of Japanese Honorifics that drives Westerners crazy. Grammatical clues as to who is superior to whom in the pecking/speaking order. Chinese LACKS all of that. And in a way, in a very funny way, we can almost say that Chinese is inherently a more Democratic language, if you can believe that? Although hierarchy was important in Imperial times, social mobility and permeability were also reasonably fluid. So that a peasant's son, if a good scholar, could rise very far up the bureaucratic ladder, invest in property and land and pull up his family with him. Unlike the U.S. where the wealthy can remain so forever or many, many generations. In ancient China you were lucky if you could last five generations before your family fortunes declined. This meant that people were always rising and falling. Sound familiar?

And EDUCATION was the PRIMARY vehicle for advancement and it was REAL not lip service as we have here! One could, perhaps, argue that the Chinese Empire was the closest thing to a real "meritocracy", one we can only dream of, since we're not really that in the end. Yeah, we have "some" of that. But the statistics do not support it for the majority.

Obviously, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Sorry boys!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Beautiful home and system.
  • Sherardp
    edited July 2014
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Beautiful home and system.

Thanks bro.