FYI -- LSi & RTi -- BrandNamez and CC

mungons
mungons Posts: 1
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
Pardon my post if this has already been mentioned, but in my browsing tonight I noticed that the infamous BrandNamez.com is now offering the LSi and RTi lines at their well-documented, extremely low price points. It has been regularly debated on this forum the risk/reward of ordering through BrandNamez, but they obviously fill a market. If you're willing to accept their posted policies, money can be saved at this site.

On a related note, let me share a brief summary of how I came to own my Polk speaker system consisting of a CS400i, PSW350 and a pair of RT800i towers this past holiday season:

I was close to ordering from BrandNamez because the low price was too tempting when compared with my local Circuit City. However, before I placed my web order I thought I would see if CC would match the BrandNamez price. (I was not optimistic, but hey, it's worth a shot.)

Armed with printed proof from the BrandNamez site (and a pleasant attitude) , I presented my price comparison to the CC sales rep and after a few side conferences with the store manager he matched the price. All totaled, I paid $269 for the CS400i; $235 for the PSW350; and $275 each for the RT800i. For those of you scoring at home that's a total savings of $346 off CC's price. I took them home that night and was able to make the purchase from a national, authorized dealer.

The moral of the story...you may not need to choose between saving money and buying from a authorized dealer. CC will probably never sell the LSi series so BrandNamez may be your only low-cost alternative on that line. However, if you want the RTi series, try having your local CC match the price from BrandNamez. It worked for me.

KM
Post edited by mungons on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    $630 for the LSi9's!!!
    $1050 for the LSi15!!!

I think I just wet myself.....

Aaron
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • morley
    morley Posts: 9
    edited March 2002
    I recently picked up a pair of RT800i for $600 Canadian ($370US) and a CS400i for $300 Canadian ($185US) at Future Shop. Anyone in Canada (or near the border) may want to check out their clearance prices, especially considering that list for a three is $1900 Canadian (I saved $1000!)

Morley
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    WOW! those are awesome prices on the LSi's!!!! BTW, congrats on getting CC to price match, those are great prices you got!

welcome to the forum...:D
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    LSi's @ brandnamez.com

nevermind, the search link won't work, and now i can't delete this either....(damn you justin...:D)
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Another place with great prices on the LSi line is Sound Distributors. In fact, they're even a bit cheaper still. If I wasn't so busy buying all of the remaining RT stock (just bought another brand new pair of RT35i's tonight on ebay for $202.50), I'd have a pair of LSi9's right now.
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    damn, $619 for a pair of LSi9's! now, how can i come up with that extra money???:D
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited March 2002
    what exactly IS wrong with Brandnamesz? I ordered my psw350 through them..got it within a week ..no problems
  • vtec11
    vtec11 Posts: 82
    edited March 2002
    I think the problem is there not authorized dealers. But if there not, then how come they have so much polk audio stuff ??

I mean did they fall off of a CC truck or something on the way to the store ??
  • egk
    egk Posts: 13
    edited March 2002
    Same here. I ordered RT800i's, CS400i, FX500i's, and a PSW650 from Brandnamez (4 separate orders). All speakers arrived promptly in perfect condition and perfect working order. Their prices were the best available at the time (September 2001).

Ed
  • bbriedis
    bbriedis Posts: 9
    edited March 2002
    Me too - In fact I received two pairs of Polk speakers from Brandnamez today. These are the in-ceiling RC80i's. The local dealer sell these speakers for $299 a pair + tax = $321 a pair. brandnamez price was $158 + $14 shipping + zero tax = $172 a pair or a savings of $149 a pair. Well worth the savings. The company acknowledged the order the day after I placed it, they shipped in two days, gave me a UPS tracking number, and the goods arrived on time in good shape. The speakers were not double boxed, but the POLK box was pretty secure. I am happy I went this route.

Bob